Hypocritical Blizzard Garalon Hotfix?

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I'm glad that we defeated the encounter pre-nerf. It was difficult, and the DPS requirements did seem a little too steep for normal mode, but overall it is a rather enjoyable encounter.
Thanks for clearing that up Bashiok.

P.S you still never told me where you got that rainbow fountain statue thing on your desk you showed in a post a couple of years back.

Thats right, I STILL REMEMBER.

Creepy! ;) Got it from Goodwill for $2. Probably the best purchase I've ever made in my life.

Yeah that is kind of creepy, i think you got a stalker man.
The hotfix list posted covers a pretty large window of time (October 26 - Nov 1, as stated). The Jasper Chains change on Stone Guard was made at the end of last week, and corrected the fact that the ability was being cast with roughly the same frequency on 10-player as on 25-player mode. This meant that an entire 10-player raid could quickly find themselves chained to each other, while a majority of a 25-player group would still have been unfettered after the same amount of time. That was never our intent.

Now, as for the Garalon hotfixes, the Mend Leg hotfix was made on Tuesday afternoon, before more than a few dozen people in the world had seen the encounter at all, and certainly before any guilds had defeated it. The berserk hotfix was enacted the following morning. Ultimately, both of these hotfixes were intended to bring the DPS requirement down to an appropriate level for a Normal mode encounter halfway through the zone. Normal mode encounters should be reasonably beatable using available Normal mode gear; we were seeing Heroic-caliber guilds with a significant number of ilvl 502 items (from Heroic Mogu’shan, and more powerful than the handful of 496 epics available from the first two bosses of Heart of Fear) struggling to meet the berserk timer on the fight. We made an adjustment accordingly, and we feel that Garalon remains a step up in difficulty from the prior two encounters in the zone.

Our rationale regarding avoiding midweek hotfixes that make a fight easier only applies to Heroic encounters: When a guild encounters a Heroic boss that seems excessively difficult, they may opt to defeat it on Normal and move on. If we make the fight easier midweek, they don’t have the option to go back and fight that easier version, and that can be frustrating and seem unfair. A Normal mode brick wall is a brick wall regardless, so there is no such potential unfairness.

On my heroic stone guard attempts we found ourselfs to be chained up. It did make it challanging. But the problem with that on 10 was that it wasnt doing. The real problem was guilds not gettig a jasper for chains made the encounter 10 times easier.

Our rationale regarding avoiding midweek hotfixes that make a fight easier only applies to Heroic encounters: When a guild encounters a Heroic boss that seems excessively difficult, they may opt to defeat it on Normal and move on. If we make the fight easier midweek, they don’t have the option to go back and fight that easier version, and that can be frustrating and seem unfair. A Normal mode brick wall is a brick wall regardless, so there is no such potential unfairness.

Yeah, no unfairness except to any guilds that raid on Tuesdays and thus spent a considerable amount of time out of their fixed schedule working on an encounter that was now one shot by guilds who don't start their raid week until Wednesday or later?

We lost 2 of our 8 hours working on this fight pre nerf this week trying to shave off the last 2-4%. At no point in progression, heroic or normal modes, should a raid leader have to consider that blizzard might nerf the fight they are working on over night and thus they are wasting time in their raid week. It is precisely BECAUSE you can't change it's difficulty and move on that it should apply even more so to normal modes in their first week than it does in heroic difficulty.

I'm not arguing at all that it wasn't over tuned for a normal mode, but that change should have been made between raid weeks, not after some guilds had already spent a large portion of their week working on it. I don't want to have to worry that when Terrance opens and we come to a challenging yet doable encounter that it might be better for us to go work on the heroic mode we're currently working on rather than continue because blizzard might drastically change the encounter over night.
or maybe test the encounter before it is released, like how stone guard was total BS in 10man as the first entry raid boss ... how the hell it was overlooked or the testers u employed aren't doing their job at all
The hotfix list posted covers a pretty large window of time (October 26 - Nov 1, as stated).

Oh no, all those 10man groups all stacked together. It must be hell to see with that many people. LOL.

Ahahaha good point! Having downed the fight on both 25 (on this toon) and 10 (on my main), 25 gets hairy! on 10 man pre-nerf it was just annoying. I wasn't up on the hotfixes and was wondering why it was so much easier last night.
Garalon's corpse despawned with loot still on it. Happened to be my loot too. I have seen numerous reports of this happening to other guilds as well on different forums.

I put a ticket in about it last night and have still not heard from a support rep.

And look a midweek heroic hotfix this week.