Cinder Kitten

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 19 Next
11/08/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Deadmousey
Whats the story behind ashes?

It was a mount given to a kid who had cancer. He even has his own tauren character in game. And for a day he was made OP as all heck compared to other toons in BC times. He even has a bow designed for him. Sadly he passed away awhile ago.

People only get the phoenix mount now because people complained. But that mount was given to Ezra first. So it's kind of his mount.
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

I want the kitten as much as everyone else, but I'm not sure if I should be happy or nervous about how fast 5.1 might be coming. I just worry this is going to turn into another Dragon Soul phase where we get crammed with content and then end up with nothing else to do for over a year. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Please consider placing a Pre-order link for this in-game item, I think a number of players would be interested in using it.
I'll likely have to get this one as well :)

I hope while they are doing pet pass for 5.1 they fix a lot of the winged/flying pets that seem stuck to the ground for some reason when we're mounted even though they have flying animations. Mechanical Dragonlings, Brood of Onyxia, etc.
I hope it is soon. I plan on buying like 5. 1 for me, one for my boyfriend, and 1 for the 3 guildies I know live in the New England area. Maybe even my guild leader will get one... we shall see.
I second (or third or whatever we are up to by now) the pre-order option idea.

I keep coming back looking for it... it seems silly to delay collecting donations just because the pet isn't ready for distribution. Start the sale now and deliver it later.

Please consider placing a Pre-order link for this in-game item, I think a number of players would be interested in using it.
11/08/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Novijen

<3

My uncle lived in the path of the storm. Any way I can help the effort, I will.

How about just donating to the red cross?
11/08/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Novijen
It will be the first pet I buy from Blizz.

Me too.

It helps that it's the most adorable thing in the universe.

I want to echo the sentiment expressed by a few others: can you open pre-orders? I'm sure people will happily understand that they don't get the pet immediately.

It may be just me, being all scrooge mchumbug here,
but I find it amazing that people are willing to shell out money for a pet, simply because they're told the money will go for red cross,
and yet when it comes to shelling out money for red cross directly, they're all
"ahhh... ummm... yeah... I don't know..."

So it's like, people only get charitable if they get something out of it.
Friggin brilliant.

I already donated directly to the Red Cross and other charities (I actually do so on a regular basis because they need money even when there isn't a high-profile disaster all over the news).

However, it turns out that I still have some extra wiggle room in my budget this month, and I was debating between donating more and spending a bit extra on Christmas presents - this pet lets me do both.
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

As someone who lives a few miles from some of the disaster areas, I have seen first hand of how many of my friends and previous co-workers have had their life completely changed because of this storm. While I was extremely blessed to have no damage at all, my heart breaks to see the destruction to places I have been to several times during the course of my life completely abolished.

So, thank you Blizzard for doing this. 100% of the proceeds is very generous. It is an awesome pet too(was planning on buying it even before the charity was announced), so it's going to help out a lot! I'd like to chime in for a pre-order method.
my pet battle team really needs a 3rd chair

seeing as there isn't a ruby oxen jewelcrafting companion, this lil' guy will be it...
So it's like, people only get charitable if they get something out of it.
Friggin brilliant.

/shrug Would've bought the pet regardless just because I'm a sucker for cute pets. Other ways to donate. Sometimes people can't though.
Katrina nearly wipes Louisiana off the map, Blizzard helps get donations with the Cenarion Hatchling.

Sandy does very extensive damage to the eastern US, Blizzard helps get donations with the Cinder Kitten.

Nothing persuades people to help others like a cute little pet.
I buy all the pets that are for charitable causes. That's in addition to what I give already. I think its great for Blizzard to do this.

I remember the Red Cross when they helped my mother-in-law. Her apartment burned to the ground, around 80 units in all. They were there before the fire was even out, to help the firefighters since it was such a long job. And they came out to the site after people were allowed back in. Not much could be salvaged but the Red Cross was there with food and drinks for at least 4 days that I know of. I remember one of her neighbors sifting through the ashes trying to find his coin collection. Ma was a seamstress. Not much left of her cloth.

The point is, even with small disasters the Red Cross is there to provide housing, money, clothing, toiletries. Those little things to get you started again. And they get there waaaayyy before FEMA can get their butts in gear, that's for sure. ;)
11/09/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Shiá
aren't they only getting like 9% of the charity funds..?

No, they're donating 100% of the proceeds.
There should be a pre-purchuse for the cinder kitten. Pay the $ 10 and it gets donated right away, while we get the kitten in our mailboxes when the patch comes out! It would be just one more thing to be excited about!