Gnomemind - Warlock PvP Guide

Warlock
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
Thats disappointing, for me atleast. Destro in any setting outside of 3s hasnt been too much of an issue thus far. But do as you must.
He's streaming right now :D

http://www.twitch.tv/htomario
11/12/2012 03:09 AMPosted by Czarkasm
Thats disappointing, for me atleast. Destro in any setting outside of 3s hasnt been too much of an issue thus far. But do as you must.

I might be able to do some on my alt warlock, however it isn't nearly as geared.
I like everything about your thread, but I think it could do without the keybind list :p. A keybind list is kinda a personal thing with how well keys in a certain spot work for a given person. The keybinds you use may not work for another person, because they have become used to keybinds in a different spot.

That, however, is a minor thing. There is a wealth of good info here from macros, to explanations of why you have certain glyphs, etc. Just consider leaving out the keybind list next time, as differences there can simply be due to personal taste or what you have used for a long time and changing wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Perhaps, however, you are including the keybind list because you are documenting your "quest for Gladiator." Either way, it's a minor thing. Good luck on your hunt. It looks like you are progressing quite well on that front.
I like everything about your thread, but I think it could do without the keybind list :p. A keybind list is kinda a personal thing with how well keys in a certain spot work for a given person. The keybinds you use may not work for another person, because they have become used to keybinds in a different spot.

That, however, is a minor thing. There is a wealth of good info here from macros, to explanations of why you have certain glyphs, etc. Just consider leaving out the keybind list next time, as differences there can simply be due to personal taste or what you have used for a long time and changing wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense.

Perhaps, however, you are including the keybind list because you are documenting your "quest for Gladiator." Either way, it's a minor thing. Good luck on your hunt. It looks like you are progressing quite well on that front.

Yeah it is subjective, I added it because it was requested in the previous thread. Thanks i'm glad you're enjoying the thread!
The key binding list is there because there was a request in his old post for it. Although it may be a personal thing, it gives you an idea of what you can bind where for effective use.

On a side note, I'd love to see the affliction guide receive a bit more attention :) It seems like most people view it as the redheaded child for pvp locks
The key binding list is there because there was a request in his old post for it. Although it may be a personal thing, it gives you an idea of what you can bind where for effective use.

On a side note, I'd love to see the affliction guide receive a bit more attention :) It seems like most people view it as the redheaded child for pvp locks

Currently streaming affliction now but yes i'll post more in there soon :)

Soon I will be posting more rotations / sequences I use.
I was wondering what you do outside of cooldowns as demo, it seems like i spend most of the game trying to get somones trinket so i can burst but i cant do enough pressure to get it unless i pop cooldowns

i do fine in 3s just in 2s it takes a while against healer dps as healer dps i play w/ a resto shaman btw
why have sacrificial pact and grimoire of sacrifice? wouldnt grimoire of supremacy work better for demo?
some ppl prefer to sac pet with their cooldowns and do more dmg. then re summun pet. grim of sac is 2 min cd and lines well with offensive cds. so basicly u play the entire time with fel guard and use ur shield by sacing his hp at will and the only time felguard is sacced is during burst period. it comes to 2 felguards at burst vs 30% more chaos weave dmg from sac.
how did you not kill yourself doing 2s as Affliction lol
What are your thoughts on affliction atm? watching your stream and it doesn't look like you have the burst you do as demo.
my question for gnomemind is if i play demo in 3s what would you prefer as second dps class between warrior \ DK or mage? and also what do you find yourself doing more often when you are not in demo burstng?
Haven't read the entire thing by a long shot. Just gave a quick glance at a few items.

Your macros stood out though.

/cast Dark Soul

That covers you in all 3 specs. You do not need to use the full fancy spec determined name.
I was wondering what you do outside of cooldowns as demo, it seems like i spend most of the game trying to get somones trinket so i can burst but i cant do enough pressure to get it unless i pop cooldowns

i do fine in 3s just in 2s it takes a while against healer dps as healer dps i play w/ a resto shaman btw

rotate spawning imps and using fury and then mastery / trinket to get the killing blow when you have this issue.

11/12/2012 04:43 PMPosted by Ragefister
some ppl prefer to sac pet with their cooldowns and do more dmg. then re summun pet. grim of sac is 2 min cd and lines well with offensive cds. so basicly u play the entire time with fel guard and use ur shield by sacing his hp at will and the only time felguard is sacced is during burst period. it comes to 2 felguards at burst vs 30% more chaos weave dmg from sac.

This and right now sacrificial pact is the only one that lets itself be used while stunned.

11/12/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Simplexity
how did you not kill yourself doing 2s as Affliction lol

Season 1-4 2500+ 2v2 affliction holy paladin with no arena cap. Kind of got used to it. ^^

11/12/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Coasmorte
What are your thoughts on affliction atm? watching your stream and it doesn't look like you have the burst you do as demo.

We don't have as much burst no, I really like it for 3v3 but it isn't half bad in 2v2. It's just that healer / dps games can be very very challenging. Affliction scales really well with gear but it does need a slight buff in damage somehow. Maybe I will try pet less affliciton?

11/12/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Ragefister
my question for gnomemind is if i play demo in 3s what would you prefer as second dps class between warrior \ DK or mage? and also what do you find yourself doing more often when you are not in demo burstng?

I would prefer warrior or mage. Warriors for heavy melee teams, mage for caster teams. All though either one has great potential and at least gladiator range. I think soulfire / fel flame and dots do the most damage when I am not bursting. sometimes i drop 2 waves on enemies if they stack up and i have plenty of fury without cooldowns.

Haven't read the entire thing by a long shot. Just gave a quick glance at a few items.

Your macros stood out though.

/cast Dark Soul

That covers you in all 3 specs. You do not need to use the full fancy spec determined name.

I never tried it, but if it works it works. ^^
#showtooltip Dark Soul: Instability
/cast Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast Krompf's Fine-Tuning Gloves
/cast Soul Casket
/cast Dark Soul: Instability

this works for you?

when i try and use Engineering enchants on my gloves it sets a 15 second cool-down on my on use trinket.
I recently tried mastery stacking over crit for destro as the guide suggested. I have to say i didnt like it at all. Even in an RBG setting where I could FnB incen - immo, I always felt starved for embers and just couldnt seem to regenerate them quick enough. Because of that, I felt like my overall damage was suffering even though my individual spells (Immo, incen, etc) were hitting harder. Not sure how this plays out in arenas but I could imagine there would be some of the same concerns.
11/13/2012 04:25 AMPosted by Czarkasm
I recently tried mastery stacking over crit for destro as the guide suggested. I have to say i didnt like it at all. Even in an RBG setting where I could FnB incen - immo, I always felt starved for embers and just couldnt seem to regenerate them quick enough. Because of that, I felt like my overall damage was suffering even though my individual spells (Immo, incen, etc) were hitting harder. Not sure how this plays out in arenas but I could imagine there would be some of the same concerns.

Between rain of fire, havok and fire and brimstone I have no issues getting to full embers. Generally if i have rain up and can get 5-6 people with incinerates it keeps sky rocketing. My damage is also ferocious. Warlocks job in RBGS is to keep enemies off the flag, rain of fire up and deal aoe damage / control in between chaos bolt kills. I am unsure on why you are having difficultly replicating my situation the way I see it. I may vod my next RBG this week as destro and show you my point of view.
#showtooltip Dark Soul: Instability
/cast Cataclysmic Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast Krompf's Fine-Tuning Gloves
/cast Soul Casket
/cast Dark Soul: Instability

this works for you?

when i try and use Engineering enchants on my gloves it sets a 15 second cool-down on my on use trinket.

Recently i've noticed it does the same for me. I'm not sure which is intended however my macro doesn't use my gloves first so I don't mind. I just tap my glove macro to spend it if I need to, otherwise if my CDS are used I just hit that to use the gloves.
Loving the revamped guide you made, as well as the videos you put up.

Just a little question.. I'm having trouble choosing professions on my lock. Im running with mining/engineering and I'm debating if I want to drop mining for something else. I see you're running with blacksmithing to get that 640 Spell power, and I bet its nasty. I was also thinking on getting enchanting, but seems a lot weaker if I want to min/max out dmg.

As for engineering, is it still worth it to keep for rated pvp? I like using it for casual play when I'm bored and running bgs, but I don't see myself using it often in rated play as far as my gloves.

Any tips appreciated.