Gnomemind - Warlock PvP Guide

Warlock
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
It's a little bit silly to be honest, then again so is the punishment for it.
i just want to make this clear. in order to really compete in arena im really going to have to play demo? i love destruction but i feel like i will be holding myself back if i try to do arena as destruction.

also i haven't seen anyone talk about this but do you know that twilight ward absorbs the dmg from dark bargain?
i just want to make this clear. in order to really compete in arena im really going to have to play demo? i love destruction but i feel like i will be holding myself back if i try to do arena as destruction.

also i haven't seen anyone talk about this but do you know that twilight ward absorbs the dmg from dark bargain?

You could play destruction but it's not nearly as strong, right now demonology is the best.

yes it does absorb it! I'm very glad it does. I thought I Had this in my tip guide but it seems I never placed it there, I will update it in a bit.
Hey maleficium, I play 2s with a shadowpriest/disc priest. I'm wondering what talents I should take, I figured shadowfury over howl since we share DR. But I see you have blood fear, should I only take that if he plays heals? And what would be a better comp demo/disc or demo/SP? Also I switched to griomore of supremacy and Sacrificial pact since I figure its better if hes healing.

p.s my Destro spec is for rated bgs but i'm fine playing it in arena if it would help our comp.
Hey maleficium, I play 2s with a shadowpriest/disc priest. I'm wondering what talents I should take, I figured shadowfury over howl since we share DR. But I see you have blood fear, should I only take that if he plays heals? And what would be a better comp demo/disc or demo/SP? Also I switched to griomore of supremacy and Sacrificial pact since I figure its better if hes healing.

p.s my Destro spec is for rated bgs but i'm fine playing it in arena if it would help our comp.

When I played with the priest in the video I played shadowfury / blood fear. Since he has fears but they aren't always up I still found it usefull and then a stun to keep my target in place while I waved him to death. Demo / disc is the superior comp and supremacy /sacrificial pact are great for this comp, just remember to heal the pet after you grab a shield. I use the instant health funnel glyph for this.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/malganis/3v3/thrust%20into%20me/

Destruction can work too.

I don't know if he plays demo or destro for 3v3 / 5v5. I know he plays destro for RBGS as most people do.
He does play Destro.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/233381-favorite-compspec/page__st__40
He does play Destro.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/233381-favorite-compspec/page__st__40

What an interesting read, appears I am right about the mastery part too!
2v2! http://www.twitch.tv/HTOMario
Sorry for the constant questions I'm just not 100% on pvp yet.

My question now is do I take Unbound will for double pvp power trinkets or do I go with a normal trinket and go with Blood Fear but lose out on a lot of pvp power? This is in 2v2 with a BM hunter at low rating
Sorry for the constant questions I'm just not 100% on pvp yet.

My question now is do I take Unbound will for double pvp power trinkets or do I go with a normal trinket and go with Blood Fear but lose out on a lot of pvp power? This is in 2v2 with a BM hunter at low rating

I would always go in with a regular trinket as 20% damage when you have no healer is pretty big. Then again I would also take blood fear with it because it allows you to instantly fear pesky line of sighting healers. Combine this with traps you should be able to CC most classes for a very long time.
Great guide! We are in dire need for this to become a sticky.

In my opinion I would just change the topic name to something along the lines of "Complete Warlock PvP Guide". Might catch the eye of people more often so we don't get topics everyday asking the same questions. The Quest for gladiator sounds like the thread might entail you telling a story about you getting your title or something, instead of being a guide.

Just my 2 cents! Thanks again though, been PvPing on a lock since the beginning and I picked up a few tricks from this.
Great guide! We are in dire need for this to become a sticky.

In my opinion I would just change the topic name to something along the lines of "Complete Warlock PvP Guide". Might catch the eye of people more often so we don't get topics everyday asking the same questions. The Quest for gladiator sounds like the thread might entail you telling a story about you getting your title or something, instead of being a guide.

Just my 2 cents! Thanks again though, been PvPing on a lock since the beginning and I picked up a few tricks from this.

Thanks for the tip, I agree with you so I changed it. I'm glad people are benefiting from this. 8)
Added new section

+Gnomemind3 - Flying solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1J-ClmIqxE
siickk
thanks mayne
This really is something with sticky quality. You took into account the opinions of other good PvPrs and combined them with your superior knowledge of the subject to create something that is greater than the sum of the parts. It is a well written PvP guide, and even though I am not that great at PvP, I still found it quite informative and look forward to implementing some of it, even if it is only in bgs, lol.

Good luck again on your quest for Gladiator :).
Bumping --

Fellow locks, please vote this thread for a sticky. We are one of the only classes that doesn't have any sticky guides at all. I know you all don't like seeing the same "Best PvP spec?" "How to play Demo" topics everyday.
Thanks for the feed back!
i don't understand why this isn't a sticky yet...