Dragonsworn and Dragon RP Guide

Moon Guard
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
11/03/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Systar
There are lesser flights that exist, however these lesser flights lack the power to imbue those that service them and often do not chose dragonsworn to serve their flights out of self-pride. For the most part the lesser flights tend to keep to themselves, or toy with adventurers passing through their territories, otherwise they don't meddle in the affairs of mortals on too serious of a level as of MOP.

Can I find more information about this somewhere?

I can say that based on what I know, the 'lesser' flights include:

-Chromatic
-Twilight
-Infinite
-Netherwing
-Plagued

Now, as to them...

-Chromatic: Dead as doornails.
-Twilight: Near-extinct.
-Infinite: Ex...tinct......?
-Netherwing: Unknown, presumably well.
-Plagued: Extinct.

And going by what I know from quests, the Netherwing have been extremely hesitant and cautious toward all 'outsiders' (being not of their kin).
Ferenold; Dragon and Dragonsworn roleplay is literally disguise RP, to openly state and claim that you are either is just asking to get hounded by and laughed at by the more critical of the roleplaying community. It's been established that many that currently play dragons and dragonsworn don't necessarily do it openly to avoid the backlash that can often occure. Not only that, the Flights tend not to reveal to the mortal races their true interests or motives, to state that you are tied to a flight is to jeopardize the plans and research of the dragon flight you are part of.

The first part of what you said isn't lore, but OOC stuff, so I don't really think that should govern someone's roleplay.

The second part of what you said is fine and dandy, but you gave no actual evidence to back it up.

Edit: I still don't see any evidence that the red dragonflight is bigger on paladins and priests than other classes. Druidism is far more connected to the dragonflight in its ultimate origins (the Titans) then the Light is.
Did someone say -Dragons-?! O'.'O *Prepares his Thu'um*
11/03/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Qerrathien
As far as Wraithron is concerned, it is. For all we know with the Outlands blackflight members may have been locked out of returning to Azeroth with the rest of the flight in Azeroth dead.

Cannon. Lurvantis is a remaining Black Dragon. -nod- I been working on a mini story about it on my free time.
11/03/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Stax

Can I find more information about this somewhere?

I can say that based on what I know, the 'lesser' flights include:

-Chromatic
-Twilight
-Infinite
-Netherwing
-Plagued

Now, as to them...

-Chromatic: Dead as doornails.
-Twilight: Near-extinct.
-Infinite: Ex...tinct......?
-Netherwing: Unknown, presumably well.
-Plagued: Extinct.

And going by what I know from quests, the Netherwing have been extremely hesitant and cautious toward all 'outsiders' (being not of their kin).
Most of the scourge ridden types are gone, I would assume that the undead or plagued are gone as well.

Twilight is basically endangered considering their origins and their original patron is dead.

Chromatic, you see a lot of them in BWL but it was determined quite sometime ago that they were wiped out by adventurers.

Infinite is a recurring flight I think, due to the tampering of the Old Gods with the time-ways, something that the Bronzeflight have been heavily working on with adventurers willing to assist.

Netherwing was saved by adventurers willing to gain their trust, though it is uncertain if they have grown in number since Burning Crusades or Wrath of the Lich King.
11/03/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Ferenold
Ferenold; Dragon and Dragonsworn roleplay is literally disguise RP, to openly state and claim that you are either is just asking to get hounded by and laughed at by the more critical of the roleplaying community. It's been established that many that currently play dragons and dragonsworn don't necessarily do it openly to avoid the backlash that can often occure. Not only that, the Flights tend not to reveal to the mortal races their true interests or motives, to state that you are tied to a flight is to jeopardize the plans and research of the dragon flight you are part of.

The first part of what you said isn't lore, but OOC stuff, so I don't really think that should govern someone's roleplay.

The second part of what you said is fine and dandy, but you gave no actual evidence to back it up.

You never quested for Kalaran pre-Cata?
11/03/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Bruce

You never quested for Kalaran?

I did. Kalaran had very real reasons to hide himself from mortals, because he was, yanno, working for a Dragonflight that was villainous and whose interests were very, very different from that of mortals.
11/03/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Ferenold
Common sense needs backup?

Hint: If you're working for/are a member of a particular flight, your goals will align with that of the flight. If you server a malevolent black dragon, alerting anyone else to that will probably put your life in immediate risk. If you announce you serve a blue dragon, you're going to be stalked by numerous hunters of both dragons and the arcane.

Honestly, that's what Dragon RP is: Using a lot more caution and common sense than your average joe.

11/03/2012 12:50 PMPosted by Qerrathien
Netherwing was saved by adventurers willing to gain their trust, though it is uncertain if they have grown in number since Burning Crusades or Wrath of the Lich King.

Ultraxion's presence and note in the dungeon journal provides he's certainly kept their numbers low, if nothing else.

You never quested for Kalaran?

I did. Kalaran had very real reasons to hide himself from mortals, because he was, yanno, working for a Dragonflight that was villainous and whose interests were very, very different from that of mortals.

see

11/03/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Stax

Hint: If you're working for/are a member of a particular flight, your goals will align with that of the flight. If you server a malevolent black dragon, alerting anyone else to that will probably put your life in immediate risk. If you announce you serve a blue dragon, you're going to be stalked by numerous hunters of both dragons and the arcane.

Honestly, that's what Dragon RP is: Using a lot more caution and common sense than your average joe.

<3 Stax.
11/03/2012 12:53 PMPosted by Stax

Ultraxion's presence and note in the dungeon journal provides he's certainly kept their numbers low, if nothing else.

That's like saying a particular merchant wouldn't be allowed in Stormwind because his interests align in selling goods instead of protecting the Kingdom of Stormwind.

I think it would differ as to what flight you serve. I doubt that an open red, green, or bronze dragonsworn is going to be hunted down. Which is the majority of dragonsworn's these days.
Ferenold; Dragon and Dragonsworn roleplay is literally disguise RP, to openly state and claim that you are either is just asking to get hounded by and laughed at by the more critical of the roleplaying community. It's been established that many that currently play dragons and dragonsworn don't necessarily do it openly to avoid the backlash that can often occur. Not only that, the Flights tend not to reveal to the mortal races their true interests or motives, to state that you are tied to a flight is to jeopardize the plans and research of the dragon flight you are part of.

Edit: I still don't see any evidence that the red dragonflight is bigger on paladins and priests than other classes. Druidism is far more connected to the dragonflight in its ultimate origins (the Titans) then the Light is.
The Red do not venture into the Greens territory. Natural healing is considered part of the Green's domain, while the Light and the usage of it is ultimately respected by the Red domain. Alexstraza would not be so rude to overstep her boundaries to intrude on Ysera's domain by taking her gifts and using them for her own purposes.

Quoting from Wowpedia here.
Red dragons understand the secrets of life, and in turn those of death, like none others do, and have been granted great power over both. They are capable of rejuvenating and draining life, as well as performing a form of necromancy, though only as a last resort, as they are not fond of doing so.

The reds are utterly loyal to their Aspect, Alexstrasza, who along with her consorts such as Tyranastrasz and Korialstrasz, are treated with great respect by the reds and the other flights. They are friendly to humans, elves, and their other traditional allies, and are typically the only dragons mortals are likely to encounter, with the exception of the druidic allies of the greens. Like all dragons, they take their charges seriously and usually operate in secret, keeping tabs on important beings, organizations, and places, such as Cenarius,Dalaran, and the Scourge. As a result, the red dragonflight's agents are often away, spread throughout Azeroth, and using their powers to disguise themselves as members of the mortal races, such as humans or elves. Often the dragons have mortals, dragonsworn, working on gathering information or doing other related errands.
You still haven't provided any evidence that they'd favor priests and paladins over druids for dragonsworn. All you've done is clarify what they are.
11/03/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Ferenold

That's like saying a particular merchant wouldn't be allowed in Stormwind because his interests align in selling goods instead of protecting the Kingdom of Stormwind.

I think it would differ as to what flight you serve. I doubt that an open red, green, or bronze dragonsworn is going to be hunted down. Which is the majority of dragonsworn's these days.

Why would dragons turn into humans, half-elves, or elves if not to disguise themselves? I don't think it's too far fetched to think creatures who have great magical powers would be cautious of mortals trying to hunt them down for those powers.
Rawr
11/03/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Ferenold
You still haven't provided any evidence that they'd favor priests and paladins over druids for dragonsworn. All you've done is clarify what they are.
Because the key component to the druids practises is the Emerald Dream, and a RED taking a DRUID as a DRAGONSWORN does not make sense, and intrudes into Ysera's DOMAIN; IE THE EMERALD DREAM. How is this hard to grasp Ferenold?
Also, Acridostrasz took the guise as an orc for a time. While it was under certain conditions, it still shows some are willing to go that far if they want to get involved with mortal's affairs. Hmmm. I'm getting idearrrrs.

Why would dragons turn into humans, half-elves, or elves if not to disguise themselves? I don't think it's too far fetched to think creatures who have great magical powers would be cautious of mortals trying to hunt them down for those powers.

They clearly used to disguise themselves, but they've gotten a lot more open to showing themselves to mortals. Virtually every Dragon, especially of the green, red, and bronze dragonflights, that's in 'disguise' ends up revealing themselves to mortals very quickly.
11/03/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Ferenold
Being a merchant is just as dangerous. Those people put their lives on the line in a manner you don't even understand!

Poor humor aside, again: Common sense - Don't go around peddling things opposing your surroundings and you'll be fine. Don't go selling infernal stones in the cathedral district, and don't sell light-filled artifacts in back alleys.

Also, during the 2nd(?) war, when the orcs enslaved Alexstrasza, they forced her brood to act as mounts and thoroughly torch the Alliance in multiple places. Many people still harbor an innate hatred toward dragons (And not everyone is so nice as to place blame on specifics. Some will blame the whole flight, others will claim all dragons are the same! How heartless!)

Still, discretion is key. Considering yourself sworn is... a privilege given to few, and only after much, much evaluation. To betray/turn on the dragon/flight you serve by revealing your presence (after all, many sworn are chosen for their ability to act as the eyes for the flight- Dragons cannot be everywhere, and are resourceful to that end. - ) is very detrimental to your cause.

One does not merely walk into a bar and yell "TIME POLICE! FREEZE!"

Well... not if they value their lives...
11/03/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Stax
Being a merchant is just as dangerous. Those people put their lives on the line in a manner you don't even understand!

Poor humor aside, again: Common sense - Don't go around peddling things opposing your surroundings and you'll be fine. Don't go selling infernal stones in the cathedral district, and don't sell light-filled artifacts in back alleys.

Also, during the 2nd(?) war, when the orcs enslaved Alexstrasza, they forced her brood to act as mounts and thoroughly torch the Alliance in multiple places. Many people still harbor an innate hatred toward dragons (And not everyone is so nice as to place blame on specifics. Some will blame the whole flight, others will claim all dragons are the same! How heartless!)

Still, discretion is key. Considering yourself sworn is... a privilege given to few, and only after much, much evaluation. To betray/turn on the dragon/flight you serve by revealing your presence (after all, many sworn are chosen for their ability to act as the eyes for the flight- Dragons cannot be everywhere, and are resourceful to that end. - ) is very detrimental to your cause.

One does not merely walk into a bar and yell "TIME POLICE! FREEZE!"

Well... not if they value their lives...
SO MUCH THIS! IluStax thank you.

They clearly used to disguise themselves, but they've gotten a lot more open to showing themselves to mortals. Virtually every Dragon, especially of the green, red, and bronze dragonflights, that's in 'disguise' ends up revealing themselves to mortals very quickly.

Not to the general public... or John Q. Goldshire.