Operation Cross realm will be in effect soon

Earthen Ring
Prev 1 6 7 8 Next
hi im 12 and what is this
You know, I was directed to this thread by a good friend of mine who've I've known ever since I started on Earthen Ring a couple of years back, give or take. So, I'm taking the time to look at everything said, and give me my own views on it. Be noted that my opinions are indeed my own, and some may not agree.

I can't say I've RPed much since the release of Mists, as I do have several alts, yet only one currently at end-game.
Outside of the game, I also work full-time and am dedicated to other things both on-line and off. But that's neither here nor there. Although I may not be a well-known person in the community, I'd like to think I'm well-respected. But that's straying away from the subject.

I'd like to think Cross-Realm RP is indeed happening, although perhaps not on the grand scale as one might find. The world is a huge place, and to see it, you'd have to -really- look for it.

As for my opinion on this debacle? People just need to overly be careful whay they say; there are people behind the pixels and 3d models. We all think and behave differently. WE are no better than anyone else. We are flawed, and I for one admit that I too am such. As for this to be resolved? That's not my call; never has been. Frankly from what I've read, bridges have been burned to cinders.
You know, I was directed to this thread by a good friend of mine who've I've known ever since I started on Earthen Ring a couple of years back, give or take. So, I'm taking the time to look at everything said, and give me my own views on it. Be noted that my opinions are indeed my own, and some may not agree.

I can't say I've RPed much since the release of Mists, as I do have several alts, yet only one currently at end-game.
Outside of the game, I also work full-time and am dedicated to other things both on-line and off. But that's neither here nor there. Although I may not be a well-known person in the community, I'd like to think I'm well-respected. But that's straying away from the subject.

I'd like to think Cross-Realm RP is indeed happening, although perhaps not on the grand scale as one might find. The world is a huge place, and to see it, you'd have to -really- look for it.

As for my opinion on this debacle? People just need to overly be careful whay they say; there are people behind the pixels and 3d models. We all think and behave differently. WE are no better than anyone else. We are flawed, and I for one admit that I too am such. As for this to be resolved? That's not my call; never has been. Frankly from what I've read, bridges have been burned to cinders.
Ya know dude, I would inmagine everybody is tired of this now. I am for one and the raiders are the other ones excep they watch use fight like a bunch of animals.
Baranalot is just a bamf you all keep on hating but he just keeps on riding dirty. He is the daddy of the Earthen Ring alliance.
Tonight on Fox, when RPers attack
/popcorn
/popcorn

Can...can I have some of that popcorn, dapper looking wolfman? I want to enjoy the spectacle and snack.
/popcorn

Can...can I have some of that popcorn, dapper looking wolfman? I want to enjoy the spectacle and snack.
*gives her a big sack of popcorn*
Go for it, Baran. Roleplay is roleplay. I'm not sure how you haven't run into people out in the world randomly, but hey. Everyone's mileage will vary.

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself, however, but if you can create some roleplay to enjoy, I hope you'll have fun.

I like the roleplay I get to run into though, and I have a pretty good network of friends to contact for more, but if you're lacking, I do hope you can find some. I've actually not seen a lack of roleplay aside from towards the ends of the expansions, but that's been a fairly common pattern since Vanilla. Usually, I always see something going on.
For that Elland i shall slay you.
Go for it, Baran. Roleplay is roleplay. I'm not sure how you haven't run into people out in the world randomly, but hey. Everyone's mileage will vary.

I cannot speak for anyone other than myself, however, but if you can create some roleplay to enjoy, I hope you'll have fun.

I like the roleplay I get to run into though, and I have a pretty good network of friends to contact for more, but if you're lacking, I do hope you can find some. I've actually not seen a lack of roleplay aside from towards the ends of the expansions, but that's been a fairly common pattern since Vanilla. Usually, I always see something going on.
Really? dude I went out in the world at random times just to make sure I have unbiased data. Sadly I have seen no rp in IF, BB, and so on. even at Midnight at Moonguard there were people still rping.
Mileage will vary but I constantly see people. I've never been on Moonguard, personally, but I like Earthen Ring too much to leave anyway. I, also, enjoy the roleplay we have.

There are a great many people that do roleplay. Sometimes, there are downtimes. Sometimes, there are uptimes. It really matters on what's going on. I've seen people start up some individual roleplay before in our Duskwood and roleplay for upwards of seven to eight hours through.

You have to roll the dice. Even if every roleplayer embraced roleplaying out in the world, you still can't have a person in every locale. Somewhere, something would be empty. :)

You just have to try your best. It doesn't really require any special effort, just put your name out there, be kind and courteous, and generate and contribute to compelling roleplay and have fun!
Mileage will vary but I constantly see people. I've never been on Moonguard, personally, but I like Earthen Ring too much to leave anyway. I, also, enjoy the roleplay we have.

There are a great many people that do roleplay. Sometimes, there are downtimes. Sometimes, there are uptimes. It really matters on what's going on. I've seen people start up some individual roleplay before in our Duskwood and roleplay for upwards of seven to eight hours through.

You have to roll the dice. Even if every roleplayer embraced roleplaying out in the world, you still can't have a person in every locale. Somewhere, something would be empty. :)

You just have to try your best. It doesn't really require any special effort, just put your name out there, be kind and courteous, and generate and contribute to compelling roleplay and have fun!
My plan should have this with increase in the number of Rpers.
Mileage will vary but I constantly see people. I've never been on Moonguard, personally, but I like Earthen Ring too much to leave anyway. I, also, enjoy the role play we have.

There are a great many people that do role play. Sometimes, there are down-times. Sometimes, there are up times. It really matters on what's going on. I've seen people start up some individual role play before in our Duskwood and role play for upwards of seven to eight hours through.

You have to roll the dice. Even if every role player embraced role playing out in the world, you still can't have a person in every locale. Somewhere, something would be empty. :)

You just have to try your best. It doesn't really require any special effort, just put your name out there, be kind and courteous, and generate and contribute to compelling role play and have fun!

^This. A whole lot of this. World wide role play is common but I think what you are also hinting at is open-role play world wide. This is, of course, going to be less common because A. If you are going out into the world to role play, you most likely have a reason for choosing your specific location and B- Have a role play partner (Or partners) already lined up.

This is just common sense, as Azeroth (And Outland) are massive places and there are any plethora of locations that would be awesome for impromptu role-play but just aren't frequented enough by enough people to make hanging all day there practical. Besides, If you meet someone out and about who is marked In-Character, it's a simple thing to salute or give a friendly greeting IC to show you are down for role play.

This boils down to apathy and a lack of demand, not a lack of supply.
Mileage will vary but I constantly see people. I've never been on Moonguard, personally, but I like Earthen Ring too much to leave anyway. I, also, enjoy the role play we have.

There are a great many people that do role play. Sometimes, there are down-times. Sometimes, there are up times. It really matters on what's going on. I've seen people start up some individual role play before in our Duskwood and role play for upwards of seven to eight hours through.

You have to roll the dice. Even if every role player embraced role playing out in the world, you still can't have a person in every locale. Somewhere, something would be empty. :)

You just have to try your best. It doesn't really require any special effort, just put your name out there, be kind and courteous, and generate and contribute to compelling role play and have fun!

^This. A whole lot of this. World wide role play is common but I think what you are also hinting at is open-role play world wide. This is, of course, going to be less common because A. If you are going out into the world to role play, you most likely have a reason for choosing your specific location and B- Have a role play partner (Or partners) already lined up.

This is just common sense, as Azeroth (And Outland) are massive places and there are any plethora of locations that would be awesome for impromptu role-play but just aren't frequented enough by enough people to make hanging all day there practical. Besides, If you meet someone out and about who is marked In-Character, it's a simple thing to salute or give a friendly greeting IC to show you are down for role play.

This boils down to apathy and a lack of demand, not a lack of supply.
You know, it is going to take time :D. So, I got to work as hard as a I can.
Barnalot made me a free epic chest...
I like him.
Barnalot made me a free epic chest...
I like him.
Watch it buddy! If they don't like what you say they will sooooo.... report you!
Bump!
You suck.
My my my! Looks like someone is hiding behind a alt.