Timeline Question

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
I'm curious as to just how much time passed between the fall of Draenei civilization ofn Draenor(Outland) and Valen's capture of the Exodar that lead the Draenei to Azeroth. Additionally I am curious as to how long it took for the Draenei/Broken to discover the path to Shamanism.

I'm thinking about creating a trio of Draenei who were born around the time of the Orc/Draenei conflict (shortly before to shortly after), each of which followed a different path, one of the Light (Paladin), one of the Arcane (Mage) and one of the Elements (Shaman). I am hoping that the timeline of events would allow them to reach adulthood by the time of Valen's assault to capture of the Exodar and flee Outland. And for the record... I consider Deaenei adulthood to be roughly equal to humans... around 20 years (give or take).
11/12/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Mirthless
I'm curious as to just how much time passed between the fall of Draenei civilization ofn Draenor(Outland) and Valen's capture of the Exodar that lead the Draenei to Azeroth.

We don't know exactly, as it's not on the actual timeline itself. I believe Blizzard's said it was about 25,000 years ago though that the Eredar were corrupted.

I'm thinking about creating a trio of Draenei who were born around the time of the Orc/Draenei conflict (shortly before to shortly after), each of which followed a different path, one of the Light (Paladin), one of the Arcane (Mage) and one of the Elements (Shaman). I am hoping that the timeline of events would allow them to reach adulthood by the time of Valen's assault to capture of the Exodar and flee Outland. And for the record... I consider Deaenei adulthood to be roughly equal to humans... around 20 years (give or take).

I can tell you flat out this won't work. The Orcish genocide upon the Draenei was quick and brutal: Under a year, I believe. So, while they could be mature by the time it was over, they wouldn't have been "born around" it.
11/12/2012 02:13 AMPosted by Hallinton
We don't know exactly, as it's not on the actual timeline itself. I believe Blizzard's said it was about 25,000 years ago though that the Eredar were corrupted.

that wasn't on draenor though

orgrim doomhammer, durotan(thralls father), and drek'thar were all on draenor during the draenei genocide
From what I've read, it was about an 8 year conflict... and I don't see how a child couldn't be born around that time even if it did take less than a year (last I checked, pregnancies still come to term regardless of world events).

And for the record, being born around the time means either before, durring or soon after (usually within a year before to a year after). Even if it took only a year for the conflict, that would still give me 3 years or so for them to be born.

I am not talking about them reaching maturity durring the conflict, but being born around the time. I am hoping that by the time Valen goes after the Exodar (many years later after Draenor became Outland) that they would reach maturity.

Yes... nearly 80% of the Draenei were wiped out durring this purge... but that still means that 20% survived. Yes, a large number were sacrificed at Shattrath to give the illusion that the city was still populated when the Orcs attacked, but they were all volenteers. There were survivors who were evacuated to Zangramarsh before the siege... and either these three children were among them or their parents were (a pregnant draenei probably would be... the child deserves a chance to be born, right?).

I know that the timeline from when the Orcs start the First War is fairly well documented, but the question is... how much time was there between the fall of Shattrath and the opening of the Dark portal? The only thing I can find suggests Shatrath fell 19 years before the Dark Portal opened... but wouldn't the demonically tainted Orcish Horde have destroyed itself in such a long period of time without an enemy to fight?
I think it will just be easier to go with these characters being born around the time the Dark Portal was first opened... that means they would be about 25-26 by the time Valen leads the group of Draenei to capture the Exodar and escape Outland.

From what I read in Unbroken, it would appear that Nebundo first heard the voice of the wind within a year of Draenor becoming Outland. This should do for the backgound for my characters.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help.
the fall of Draenei civilization ofn Draenor(Outland) and Valen's capture of the Exodar that lead the Draenei to Azeroth.

Fall of Draenei civilization occurred about 19 years before the Dark Portal opened. Velen liberated the Exodar from Kael'thas about 26 years after the Dark Portal opened. You're looking at a good 45 years or so of being on Outland, the first 26 of which were dominated by the Horde, the next ~15 by Magtheridon and the Legion, and the final ~5 by Illidan, Kael'thas, and Vashj.

how long it took for the Draenei/Broken to discover the path to Shamanism.

Farseer Nobundo's journey took place a short time after the destruction of Shattrath.