hmm?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 58 Next

You suffered through optional content?

Good for you

Except it is not optional.

Being a completionist is definitely optional. Unless you mean it's a pathological compulsion. But then we'd be having a different discussion.
11/05/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Kyriani

You suffered through optional content?

Good for you

Yup I suffered through optional content. Because in my mind its not optional for my main. The main's green bars must be filled. The only time that rule is overridden is when attempting to fill the green bar is so slow and painful that I often find more fun things to do (with alts mostly) than farm say.. junk boxes for ravenholdt rep >_>. The only thing stopping me from grinding bloodsails is the fact that I exalted the goblins... and my brain will not allow me to destroy 3 reps to gain one and then go through a slow "bare feet on glass" grind to rebuild them while maintaining blood sail at the same time (because its not about the insane achievement I could care less about it).

I'm a Grand Marshal from vanilla for crying out loud! If that doesn't put the OCD sticker on my forehead I don't know what will!

Again, the developers cannot code this game with your OCD in mind. They're not responsible for your actions.

You are.
I swear, all you whining about how much of a "grind" this is, how you have no "time" for heroics after dailies, just stop doing the dailies for a while and level a gnome. I am serious. Go level a gnome. They will make you happy again. I have played since vanilla and I remember how hard everything was! Do I need to remind anyone of Hydraxis rep? Or Thorium Brotherhood? I think everything is way too easy as it is, and you are going to complain that it needs to be easier?

As for comments about the Blue's being snarky, well if I had to put up with whiners every day and all day I would be snarky too. You whiners are whats taking this game in the direction it's going... Think about that.

You don't have to do every damned daily every damned day. Just work on one rep at a time... I mean seriously. Dang whiners...
11/05/2012 10:02 PMPosted by Onionrings

"oh woe is me. I can't get gear that I don't even need because heroic dungeon gear and lfr gear works just as fine. And I can't get a pattern even though I can just ask a friend to make me something if they have it"
11/05/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Maigraith
I play alts... you could say I'm a bit of an altoholic (this is one of my alts). Would you agree if I demanded that Blizzard not make me run the same raids or dungeons on my alts that I had to run on my main to gain rep or gear? I hope not, I would hope you would tell me that if I want the rewards, I need to do whatever is required for each of my characters.

Not the same thing at all. I'm not asking for playing alts to be easier than it's ever been. I'm asking to be no easier and no harder than it's always been.

It is the same thing if I say I love questing but hate raiding (not a true statement at all, but using it for context). Asking for the game to go back to be mind numbingly boring is ridiculous. Actually having something to do in the game everytime I log in is awesome. At least the dailies switch it up a bit each day, dungeons don't change... ever...

Stop putting some kind of imaginary time limit on when you need to "finish" everything. Relax, enjoy what you're doing, if you don't enjoy it, don't do it.
11/05/2012 10:06 PMPosted by Rosenivy

"oh woe is me. I can't get gear that I don't even need because heroic dungeon gear and lfr gear works just as fine. And I can't get a pattern even though I can just ask a friend to make me something if they have it"

If it isn't necessary, why is it in the game?

It's there. I want it. I need it. If I don't have it, I'm not happy. Therefore, I have to do every daily every day until I'm exalted, then I have to do it on each other character.

There is absolutely no reason for VP gear to be gated behind rep. And there is no reason for the only option for rep to be dailies.
11/05/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Baneusprime
I'm capped at 10 Elder Charms and I keep handing in Lessers no matter what. That 45 gold is useful :P

L2Raid or Sha/Galleon? .-.;

I'm shocked that people would actually willingly waste coins.

Yup I suffered through optional content. Because in my mind its not optional for my main. The main's green bars must be filled. The only time that rule is overridden is when attempting to fill the green bar is so slow and painful that I often find more fun things to do (with alts mostly) than farm say.. junk boxes for ravenholdt rep >_>. The only thing stopping me from grinding bloodsails is the fact that I exalted the goblins... and my brain will not allow me to destroy 3 reps to gain one and then go through a slow "bare feet on glass" grind to rebuild them while maintaining blood sail at the same time (because its not about the insane achievement I could care less about it).

I'm a Grand Marshal from vanilla for crying out loud! If that doesn't put the OCD sticker on my forehead I don't know what will!

Again, the developers cannot code this game with your OCD in mind. They're not responsible for your actions.

You are.

You're absolutely right. I can't argue that fact. I can and will however argue that letting me play the way I want to is something to consider. I can and will let the devs know that this shift from how things were when I was content to how things are and I am not content may cost them my subscription.

If they are so hell bent on getting me out in the world but see no way to do that other than daily rep grinds then it really may well be time to retire. I hold out hope that there can be some middle ground reach that avoids that though.
11/05/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Onionrings

As an option

As in optional
11/05/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Onionrings

Personally, I don't like a game where EVERY LITTLE THING YOU DO is mandatory.

Nope. That ruins the game for me. I like my options.

Thank you very much.

Also: LOTR MUSICS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg

Stop putting some kind of imaginary time limit on when you need to "finish" everything. Relax, enjoy what you're doing, if you don't enjoy it, don't do it.

"Slow down" as the pandas say.

What you have said is sage advice. Although, if someone does want to set those kinds of limits, that's fine too. This game supports many play styles.

It's just that if you choose a hardcore style, you can't complain about having to jump through all of Blizzard's hoops while ignoring that you're the one choosing to chase the hoops. Just say that Blizzard made the hoops too hard or too time-consuming for you. Maybe Blizzard listens. Maybe Blizzard decides that their hardcore hoops are too hardcore, and they ease it back a little. You never know!
Asking for the game to go back to be mind numbingly boring is ridiculous. Actually having something to do in the game everytime I log in is awesome. At least the dailies switch it up a bit each day, dungeons don't change... ever...

I try very hard to be as respectful and polite as possible in these discussions. It's very hard to do that just now.

I, and countless others, have stated this numerous times, but you're apparently still not getting it, so here it is again:

I.

Don't.

Want.

The.

Dailies.

Removed.

I don't want anything taken away. If you enjoy playing things as they are now, nothing changes for you if I get more options. The dailies will still be there. You will still have things to do. I want options for myself. That doesn't affect you in any way.
Well my point was really that those epics will rarely make or break your raid success, and even in those rare cases, however, a solo player can derive non-cosmetic benefits from the Rep gear without ever stepping in a raid. So I DO see the epics as relevant to raids. I just also think the raider complaints about Rep gear are pretty overstated.

Again, I agreed with you overall except for that minor semantic difference.

I suppose a daily hero could get their overall daily time down to 20 mins a day with a full valor set.

OOH! Challenge mode dailes! Bring it Blizz!

Anyway, it depends on if we're talking about normal or hard mode raiding. I can't attest to knowing much of what awaits in terms of gear checks in the T14 H raids, but where having to rotate undergeared players is concerned badge/valor gear has always been able to make a huge difference in a reasonable time span. Charms are a nice RNG buffer but there's no guarantee you won't get 10 bags of gold, duplicates, or so on... Valor is/was something you can count on.
11/05/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Kyriani
I can and will however argue that letting me play the way I want to is something to consider.

I want to pop out of stealth and yell "Boo!" and the mob fall down dead (even if it's a raid boss).... they won't let me play the way I want to either.

=(
11/05/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Zarhym
The whole "coin" thing is fine but I know have 274 lesser charm of good fortune and 9 elder charm of good fortune! WTH am I gonna do with all these lesser ones? Can't trade them in, not yet geared enough for raids(spending way too much time doing dailies with no time left for heroics!)!!!! So what good are they other then taking up space(2slots) in my bag?!?!?!

Lesser Charms are being moved out of your bags and turned into a currency in 5.1. Think a little further down the road when you're not doing dailies as often and you're raiding more. A stockpile of Lesser Charms is absolutely what you'll want. ;)

The problem with that is that some of us do dailies for making gold too. Granted we won't do them as much, but I can easily stock pile 90+ a week doing just a handful of dailies a week. I will never actually run low on lesser charms EVER. Even now I have done maybe 30 dailies in the past 2 weeks, I have 3 stacks of 180 lesser charms, and I am turning in 90 each week that I can. Eventually I won't be so burnt out on dailies, or realize I am starting to fall behind on gold and will start doing dailies again (not to mention finish hitting exalted with the ones I am not yet) on top of doing professions. Thus stocking piling even more lesser charms.

Granted a system where I am constantly just getting 90 each week isn't the most ideal way of doing things, but maybe down the road make lesser charms able to purchase other things too? Purely cosmetic or even for mats... I don't know, just throwing it out there.
11/05/2012 10:13 PMPosted by Juststabd

Personally, I don't like a game where EVERY LITTLE THING YOU DO is mandatory.

Nope. That ruins the game for me. I like my options.

Thank you very much.

Also: LOTR MUSICS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg

But it isn't optional. You have to do dailies to get rep. there is no other way. There is no "option".
11/05/2012 10:14 PMPosted by Maigraith
Asking for the game to go back to be mind numbingly boring is ridiculous. Actually having something to do in the game everytime I log in is awesome. At least the dailies switch it up a bit each day, dungeons don't change... ever...

I try very hard to be as respectful and polite as possible in these discussions. It's very hard to do that just now.

I, and countless others, have stated this numerous times, but you're apparently still not getting it, so here it is again:

I.

Don't.

Want.

The.

Dailies.

Removed.

I don't want anything taken away. If you enjoy playing things as they are now, nothing changes for you if I get more options. The dailies will still be there. You will still have things to do. I want options for myself. That doesn't affect you in any way.

I can't wait for the Q3 earnings report to come out... That's all I'm saying right now.

He's a CM responding to a player who wasn't acting very professional. After days of seeing posts by people, trying their hardest to convince people that "dailies are forced on everyone". Poking holes into you alls "forced" theory, in a language you understand and speak fluently, was very appropriate.

He even told you theorists how to manage your time better... I would think a thank you is the correct response.

=D

I think what should be taken out of the responses of those players frustrated at the CMs response is the standard of discourse that is being set, through said CM, in threads like this.

A CM is blizzards representative on these forums and the closest we come to hearing/seeing information straight from "the horses mouth". Now the wow forums are at times very cynical and baiting/trolling can be rife, but for a CM to come into a thread (one that didn't dignify a response) and basically condone certain behaviours through both the language he used and the context he used it in is quite disgraceful and reflects pretty poorly on both blizzard and the CM team.

It is up to the CM, not the players, to set the standard when it comes to meaningful debate and conversation. Showing otherwise further condones bad behaviour and meaningless posts in this thread and others all over general.

That's a fair point and I'll honestly think about that more as I'm flipping through the front page of the forums.

This is also a good time to remind people you can email WoWCMFeedback@Blizzard.com with your thoughts on our methods of community engagement. The posts in this thread commenting on my performance as a Community Manager, positive or negative, are better sent to my superiors so the topic of the thread stays on course. You can also personally give me feedback or chat with me on Twitter: @CM_Zarhym. I promise I at least read every tweet, and respond as often as I can. ;)
There's no such thing as a bonus.

Any advantage I can have, that I don't take, is a penalty.