hmm?

General Discussion
Prev 1 50 51 52 58 Next
I used a coin on sha of anger and won t14 legs. eat it nerds
Wow after reading about 50 pages of replies let me see if i can put this simple enough so everyone understand .

ok i see the point of the Elder Charms. You want extra chance at loot work for it. Would it be nice to be able to get them aside from doing dailies YES but is at blizz discretion.

Doing dailies to gain rep. Heres where most CASUAL players have a lil bit of a problem since most of us only have 2-3 hours to play the game. Going back to TBC, is true that we used to have to grind rep to do heroics mode. the big diference was that we got rep for each kill inside the dungeon. Once WoTLK came out Blizz was kind enough to give us 2 ways of getting our Rep with factions. You could do dailies or get a rep tabar and earn your rep that way. This was awesome because we didnt have to choose between doing dailies or running dungeons for gear.The people that like dailies were doing dailies and the people that like to run dungeons were running dungeons. Everyones was happy everyone wins.MoP comes out and Surprize!!! we go back to rep grinding but now you can only get it by doing dailies. So What to do? What to do? with my 2-3 hours of play time, do i go and run dungeons because i need gear for Raids or do i do my dailies because i need rep with X faction to get prof recipes, Gear, mounts or wtv else they sell. On top of that i have to do it with every toon i level to 90.

VP points for dailies. awesome idea but have anyone run into the problem of being Cap on VP for the week and short 100 VP points to acquire a piece of gear after doing all those dailies to get the rep to be able to buy them. So im doing dailies but all that VP is going to waste because im cap.

I think that bringing back a rep tabar is not a bad idea. I will still have to work for my rep but this time i get to choose how to have my fun while grinding for it. Also raise the cap on VP so i dont feel like is a waste of time and effort after doing the dailies and my reward VP is going to waste.

I've played this game since it came out with the first expansion ( Vanilla WoW as we call it) and im happy to pay $15 a month to blizz. Blizz puts alot of effort and time to keeps us entretained for 8 years and still going. In the end i will accept wtv Blizz decide to do with the dailies.

On a side note and i will look for other forums on this. But i want to Ask blizz to bring back the patterns from profesion specializations. Like Lionheart Executioner
It's alive!!!!! Alive!!!!!!
Glad to see the CM'S are standing up to the whining. I love the dailies. I'm almost exalted with all of them. Zar the people complaining about your tone are the same ones who want something for nothing, handouts. Keep it up bud.
Get over yourselves. This is a forum to discuss a video game, not a brokerage help line. It's not a customer service response, this isn't the customer service forum. It's a forum for discussion of game issues. If you want customer service then go to the Customer Service forum.

At least now I know you dont work in any type of customer service area. The customer is always right when you deal with them. When they are not you joke about it among co workers, never put anything in writing that can be viewed as a negative response that will go to a customer. That is the fastest way to lose business. There is a way to tell someone to go f*** themselves in a nice way, not rude or snarky. I deal with customer complaints often enough to know that often they are wrong, but you never tell them that. And in this day and age any social media platform is a good way to interact with your customers and should be treated as another form of customer service. Technology has a way of changing the dynamics of things.
I'm more concerned that the Elder whatever are flat out useless.

It might as well be a 23g loot bag.

No it's not, it's an extra chance to get loot. If you didn't have the coins you'd still get nothing, so the coins offer you that extra opportunity. It is not a guarantee you're going to get something.. Jeez Why can't you people see Blizz is trying to help out by giving you not only one chance at gear, but two!! To the people whining just stop doing dailies and stop collecting them then. Just run normal / lfr or whatever you do and hope you get loot on that one chance.
11/06/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Fto
Glad to see the CM'S are standing up to the whining. I love the dailies. I'm almost exalted with all of them. Zar the people complaining about your tone are the same ones who want something for nothing, handouts. Keep it up bud.

Good for you, you keep loving the same repetitive dailies day after day. I'm really happy for you.

I do not love the dailies. I hate them. I hate them enough that when my annual pass expires, I'm done with the game that I've loved and put way too much time into over the past 5 years.

We aren't asking for handouts. We aren't asking for them to delete dailies all together. What we want is alternative methods to get rep, or for valor point gear to be removed from behind the rep gate.

I won this helm, belt and gloves from coins .... hardly useless id say ....

No it's not, it's an extra chance to get loot. If you didn't have the coins you'd still get nothing, so the coins offer you that extra opportunity. It is not a guarantee you're going to get something.. Jeez Why can't you people see Blizz is trying to help out by giving you not only one chance at gear, but two!! To the people whining just stop doing dailies and stop collecting them then. Just run normal / lfr or whatever you do and hope you get loot on that one chance.

I'm well aware of what it does, hold your horses blizzard whiteknight.

I was talking about the luck on it, which, for me, is, so far, useless.

I was cursing the RNG not your beloved Blizzard. Take a chill pill.
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Nailed it! I love this man.
11/06/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Sharwayna

Because they want you out in the world, not in a 5man.

More to the point, they feel that 5-mans already provide rewards, and that getting reputation in addition is 'double-dipping'. Not sure I completely agree, but that is their argument.

It's not much of an argument if that's the best they can come up with:

Here's what each type of content provides:

Dungeons: 463 gear, valor, gold, largely useless justice points
Dailies: reputation, valor, gold, bonus raid roll currency, access to 489 valor items, mounts, free 489 items on 2 factions

Even when you still need 463 items, dungeons still provide less reward than solo play dailies.
After you get your dungeon drops, dungeons provide even less and do nothing towards opening up 489 valor items that aren't opened by initial questing.

"double-dipping" is meaningless jargon when you consider that it's a phrase that implies that dungeons are somehow more rewarding than dailies when that's a dubious claim at best when you still need the 463 gear. After you have it, then dailies are by far the most rewarding content.

Propaganda is propaganda and never before has the game put so many rewards in solo play that are inferior to group play rewards.
Love the posts Zarhym.

I didn't read all of the pages, but saw a request for other options to obtain the lesser charms (other than dailies). Did anyone mention scenarios? Not that you should always get them, but put a chance to get them in the cache--like you get a chance at gear.

In Raids and Dungeons you are guaranteed that something will drop. Now, whether anyone needs it, it gets DE'd, or vendored is irrelevant. There will be drops. In scenarios, you have 3 people each with a chance at getting a drop (but usually get gold--just like with elder charms). They sound like they fit to me.

That way, if people hate dailies so much, but want charms, they can "grind" (hate that word) scenarios instead. (There may be great arguments against that, it's just a thought for an alternative solution). Plus once people no longer need the 463 ilvl gear in Scenarios they could have a reason to keep doing them.

I love scenarios, so my idea may be very biased.
So, in other words-

"I don't want to do something for something extra"

No, in other words

"I don't want to do something that is a major hit on personal progression compared to options available in previous expansions. Instead of moving forward, the game is moving backwards."
I dont mind the coins, but we get a tons of coins gathered by the end of the week with nothing to do with them but sit in our banks. Either allow us to turn more in than 90 for elders or bring in a mog vendor something to stop the stacks of 7+ currently sitting in my bank doing absolutely no good.
I should get rep with factions for sitting in Org/SW/Dal/Temple, and be able to get epics from that rep,

I should be able to get PvP gears from trolling trade chat,

I should get bonus loot from whining on the forums,

and,

when I complain that there's nothing to do I should get a legendary weapon called "First World Problem Solver"

ps and a moose
I should get rep with factions for sitting in Org/SW/Dal/Temple, and be able to get epics from that rep,

I should be able to get PvP gears from trolling trade chat,

I should get bonus loot from whining on the forums,

and,

when I complain that there's nothing to do I should get a legendary weapon called "First World Problem Solver"

ps and a moose

No one has asked for any of that jackass.
So, in other words-

"I don't want to do something for something extra"

No, in other words we would like something else to do to gain rep rather than the same boring dailies. If you love the dailies that's great, you found something that works for you. Some of us do no care for the dailies only approach. It's boring.