hmm?

General Discussion
Prev 1 53 54 55 58 Next
11/06/2012 06:56 PMPosted by Redlukey
start with GL since you're probably at Two Moons, thats 25 minutes right there
and then you stop because at this stage you're probably revered with everyone and don't need to do more than this to get enough lesser charms for your weekly greater charms.
well for one i am bummed i dumped 80 bucks for the special edition
i work 10 hours a day the last thing i wanna do is more work after work
i mean sht mowing the lawn/firewood and just basicly living is another hour
ive been on since pre bc
and it was a blast i think that blast blew up
i wont dis the game have many fond memories
i will say RNG and dailies have made me so angry and uninterested in even logging in
i always looked forward too raiding after a long hard day

i dunno blizz but i am sure you know somethings gotta change
so you dont lose more and more peeps too the rng and daily grind
makes the whole thing a lil ho hum
11/06/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Tharna
start with GL since you're probably at Two Moons, thats 25 minutes right there
and then you stop because at this stage you're probably revered with everyone and don't need to do more than this to get enough lesser charms for your weekly greater charms.

I've been 90 for two weeks now. I'm not revered with everyone. My hunter is not revered with everyone. My 9 other characters who aren't 90 aren't revered with everyone.
11/06/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Redlukey
I've been 90 for two weeks now. I'm not revered with everyone. My hunter is not revered with everyone. My 9 other characters who aren't 90 aren't revered with everyone.
you probably still don't need to do more than that given the amount of gear you get per week is more dictated by how much valor you get and not how many dailies you do.

30 minutes of dailies per day is all that's required to keep up with everyone. otherwise you're gonna end up exalted with everyone and 4 months from having enough valor to get all the gear for your main spec, let alone off specs.

quit making mountains out of molehills, nobody is forcing you to do all the dailies, or even any dailies at all.
WHY cant i log in its like looking for a Authenticating i dont have 1
11/05/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Zarhym
Is the only way to get the Elder Charm Coins is by doing dailys by getting 90 of the good coins and turning them into 3 elder...? that sort of forces u into dailys if so.. because u know people want that extra chance in Raid to get the gear so your know there going do dailys to get a silly coin that doesnt even help one bit gg..

"Gear drops in raids like it always has."
"I like gear like I always have."
"But I want bonus chances at that gear."
"I have to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear?!"
"I don't want to do something to earn bonus chances at that gear!"
"That thing I don't want to do that would earn me bonus chances at that gear, doesn't earn me bonus chances at that gear!"

Let me know if that's an accurate summary, as well as what you're talking about. o.O

Blizzard I have a brilliant idea that will save Blizzard tons of money, and make all the raiders happy.

For the next content patch instead of bosses the players will zone in and sit at a slot machine. give them like 5-6 pulls on the level to win items. They could also potentially win extra attempts.

See get rid of all the worthless fighting, grinding, farming etc... it just gets in the way of the loot machine. Well here is your chance to give it to them, a raid where they push a button and they automatically win loot or not. Then the raid is over, the ultimate things that they are asking for.
What Zarhym fails to realize in this thread is that dailies are not fun, they feel like a chore. No anti daily person has come out and said they want to log on to full epic gear waiting for them in their mailbox. No. What we want are options. You say putting a tabard on and running dungeons isn't good enough? Who are you to say that? If I want to run some dungeons with my guildies and earn some rep while I'm at it who are you to say that's not good enough? It was good enough in Wrath and Cata, why isn't it good enough now?

I still think this ridiculous rep grind will change sooner or later when people start to quit. And by ridiculous I mean ridiculous. Who has the time for it? Before I would MAKE time to play WoW because it's fun now I cant even justify it because it's not fun. I was a raider in Cata on multiple toons, haven't gotten into raiding yet so I'm really far behind and really have lost all interest in logging on and upgrading my toon. Why? Because I know whats waiting for me.

They are going to make earning rep easier for alts but guess what its not good enough. Because you're still going need to do all those same boring quests every single day.

Just my opinion, of course.
What Zarhym fails to realize in this thread is that dailies are not fun, they feel like a chore. No anti daily person has come out and said they want to log on to full epic gear waiting for them in their mailbox. No. What we want are options. You say putting a tabard on and running dungeons isn't good enough? Who are you to say that? If I want to run some dungeons with my guildies and earn some rep while I'm at it who are you to say that's not good enough? It was good enough in Wrath and Cata, why isn't it good enough now?

I still think this ridiculous rep grind will change sooner or later when people start to quit. And by ridiculous I mean ridiculous. Who has the time for it? Before I would MAKE time to play WoW because it's fun now I cant even justify it because it's not fun. I was a raider in Cata on multiple toons, haven't gotten into raiding yet so I'm really far behind and really have lost all interest in logging on and upgrading my toon. Why? Because I know whats waiting for me.

They are going to make earning rep easier for alts but guess what its not good enough. Because you're still going need to do all those same boring quests every single day.

When have dailies ever actually ever been fun?

Saying dailies aren't fun is like saying water is wet. Of course they aren't fun you do them every day, they get repetitive and quickly lose any interesting things about them.

What you don't seem to understand though is that Z is telling you that Optional Dailies are Optional, and forcing yourself to do them when you don't want to them doesn't make much sense.

Of course complaining that you want the reward the dailies offer without doing the work the dailies require is pretty also something Z mentioned doesn't make much sense either.

Saying dailies aren't fun is like saying water is wet. Of course they aren't fun you do them every day, they get repetitive and quickly lose any interesting things about them.

What you don't seem to understand though is that Z is telling you that Optional Dailies are Optional, and forcing yourself to do them when you don't want to them doesn't make much sense.

Of course complaining that you want the reward the dailies offer without doing the work the dailies require is pretty also something Z mentioned doesn't make much sense either.

I said it before and I'll say it again. I don't mind dailys. But the dailys in MoP are horribly designed. In wrath/cata the dailys were quick. They could be done in an hour tops if you capped. In Wrath this meant doing Oracles AND Hodir, or Agent Crusade. In Cata this would be most if not all of the Molten Front dailys AND either Tol'barad, Dragonmaw/Wildhammer, or Therazane. Individually none of those quest hubs took longer than 30 minutes, except maybe Molten Front. And that's with a fresh 85 character in quest blues/greens. Without any help from anyone. Try completing just the Golden Lotus in that same time frame with a fresh 90. It can't be done. Not without help.

The counter-argument I can see coming right now is "ok, but the rewards are greater this time around". And that's true...kinda. Yes, you get valor. But if you're running dailies for valor, you're doin it wrong. Yes you get charms. But really, these lose their worth quickly the more dailies you do, the more they pile up, and the less success you have with them in raids. So, as has always been the case before, the real reward for the dailies is rep and gold. Most of us never really cared about the gold rewards. If you've ever been running dailies for gold, you're doin it wrong. That leaves rep being the true reward for doing dailys. But as it stands right now, the rep gain is too small given the time investment. I know rep gain is getting "fixed" somewhat in 5.1. But they are also bringing more dailys, and not reducing the time investment behind the dailies we already have.

The last little thought I have on this is that in the past dailies were always fairly casual friendly. They provided a road of access to epic gear (albeit welfare epics) for those who could only play an hour or so in a stretch and/or didn't have luxury of belonging to a raiding guild. That has been taken away again in MoP, unless the casual player is has the obscene patience to grind out dailys for MONTHS (doing the math it's something like 6 to 8 months). Most casuals that I know tend to get bored with a game within a few weeks unless some serious progress is made in said game.
Actually the people that keeps complaining are the one's playing the wrong game.

They have it all wrong, this is not a fps or a adventure game. This is a mmorpg, you are suppose to put a very good amount of time in your characters. WoW is already tuned down in that regards.
The developer of that type of game ( mmorpg ) use to make you spend months and even years to get to end game or to allow you to gear up your toon once at end game.

If you say you don't have time to spend developing a character in-game then play a fps or another type of game then a mmorpg. It is that simple.
Oh believe me, I am moving on. Once my AP and sub are up, which happens on the 22nd of this month.
11/05/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zarhym
Those factions aren't going anywhere. I log into the game everyday, and I never log out feeling like I made no progress. I can't say the same about my time in Cataclysm.

I love you.
11/07/2012 04:54 AMPosted by Kelidra
Try completing just the Golden Lotus in that same time frame with a fresh 90. It can't be done. Not without help.

Because is so hard to make groups. I do all may dailies with 3+ people. 5 for Golden Lotus was normal.

20 min and you finish all parts.

I don't do Klaxxi and neither Anglers dailies. When I get exalted with Shado-pan (today) and August (maybe today) I will start their dailies.

11/07/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Draug

I like dailies.
Heroics give 3 things a chance @ Gear (463 blue), gold and VP

Dailies give 5 things Guaranteed 489 purple gear, VP, Lesser Charms, Gold and Rep.

Raiders get nothing but gear from Raiding.

Blizz, just admit, you put too much on dailies. Give us Tabards.

11/06/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Pilky
Tell me how us having tabards would affect your game play, daily heroes??

Tharna wrote:

30 minutes of dailies per day is all that's required .
Because is so hard to make groups. I do all may dailies with 3+ people. 5 for Golden Lotus was normal.

20 min and you finish all parts.

I don't do Klaxxi and neither Anglers dailies. When I get exalted with Shado-pan (today) and August (maybe today) I will start their dailies.

To each his/her own, but having to group to do dailies makes them less appealing, not more.
11/07/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Kelidra
To each his/her own, but having to group to do dailies makes them less appealing, not more.

word.
People keep saying "KEK U DUN WNT 2 WERK 4 REWARDZ".

That is NOT what most of us are saying. Not even a little bit. What we want is a way to get the rewards by working for them, that does not involve logging in, spending 90 minutes or more grinding dailies, and logging off in disgust because you have no desire to play anymore, until dailies reset and you are forced to do it again.

A way that was made possible in previous expansions. A way that worked just fine in those expansions.

I got to revered with Klaxxi last night, so I don't "need" to do them or GL any more. But that still leaves AC and shado-pan for required rewards, and Angler's and Tiller's for things I want (although I should finish Tiller's today). The thing is, even though this character is revered with two of the factions, my 90 hunter isn't. My almost 90 mage isn't. My druid, DK, warlock, pally, rogue, and priest aren't. I haven't even had time to get my shaman and warrior to 85. While valor helps fill select spots on "mains" it truly shines for all the other characters you might have put on the back burner. Apparently though, this expansion, I need to find 11 different raiding guilds that don't have overlapping schedules if I want any sort of progression on my alts, even thought the last expansion I could just get VP and get them gear.
11/07/2012 04:19 AMPosted by Draug

The bottom line is that everything is leveraged solely in the direction of dailies.

You get valor, you get rep (which is necessary to utilize valor), you get gold, and you get charms. And you get free 489 epics at exalted. That's like... quadruple dipping.

I wholeheartedly agree with keeping charms as a reward for doing dailies. We're talking maybe 3 days worth of dailies to get 90 charms for a week. That would go a very, very long way towards incentivizing dailies yet removing the 'forced' aspect. The problem is the gating, which I think is just overboard. You can't ignore dailies altogether without hindering other avenues of play. The ilvl upgrade system may help that somewhat, but the entire system is geared around some weird philosophy of "eat your vegetables and you can have the rest of your dinner" much less any semblance of dessert.

And yeah, you can choose not to do them, but that essentially involves accepting second class status for what looks like the entirety of the xpac. Its not about comparing ourselves to Blood Legion, its about basic niceties that rewarded people who weren't the best.

Instead of knowing you suck and being able to accept it, to be able to enjoy LFR, to enjoy 5 man dungeons, and to look forward to nice things on par with those people via valor in case the opportunity someday opened up, now you have to find some enjoyment in dailies for that kind of opportunity, precluding the things you would enjoy doing. It has the potential to be demoralizing, and you're seeing it throughout the forums.

I think, grand scheme, I've played enough MMOs to believe that the most effective gates are the ones people don't notice. For better or worse, people have noticed this one, and I don't really know how its going to play out.