PVP? Assassination or Subtlety?

Rogue
Is it me or is Subtlety really weak compare to Assassination in pvp?
I tried Subtlety in arena, and it wasn't cutting it for high burst damage.
I went Assassination, did twice the damage and was winning more often.

What do you guys think?
Assassination to me is much more damage and sustained damage while Subletly is meant for control but does also have some burst.

I like Assassination better right now because I hate the fact that I need my target to be stunned (and stay stunned) for me to do anything in Shadowdance. If I blow all my cooldowns and have some guy stunned in a bomb, if he's got trinket up he's gonna pop it and waltz right out.

And yes I realize that you should force a trinket before you go for a smokebomb kill.
Wait do you think people still play sub? Dude all their goodies are made available to everyone Sub is totally pointless now go sin :P
Assassination isn't as effective in RBGs and Arenas as subtlety

Might be you.

I think sub is still the standard go-to spec in pvp. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen an assassination rogue in a bg.

Might be you.

I think sub is still the standard go-to spec in pvp. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen an assassination rogue in a bg.

I have. My core dominates just about every assassination rogue we come across.

Edit: *Came across. At 2k mmr we've only been seing sub rogues.
Assas is my favorite for one on one, but how often does that happen in bg's, i think sub is better for bg's and 3's or 5's, I still play assas for the fun factor.
11/13/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Porkfrydrice
Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen an assassination rogue in a bg.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh what.

I switched to Assassination after Cata was over. I'll likely switch back once I'm happy with my gear. Who knows, I'm new to it and it's kind of fun after being in Sub for so long.
In my experience, Assassination is a bit less gear dependant making it better at lower gear levels. Once you start getting some better gear, subtlety pulls out ahead.
11/13/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Nanaya
In my experience, Assassination is a bit less gear dependant making it better at lower gear levels. Once you start getting some better gear, subtlety pulls out ahead.

Pretty much. I would start off as assassination then switch to sub once in full Dreadful gear
11/13/2012 11:26 AMPosted by Nanaya

I agree with this.

Mutilates starts to fall short and more rng, sub can pull some impressive numbers with its controlled burst.
11/13/2012 11:42 AMPosted by Foxed
Mutilates starts to fall short and more rng, sub can pull some impressive numbers with its controlled burst.

Also shadow dance is on a one minute cooldown and offers more utility and vendetta is a 2 minute cooldown. That's pretty huge

11/13/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Sïck
Pretty much. I would start off as assassination then switch to sub once in full Dreadful gear

and once you get a decent weapon* backstab/ambush weapon damage is pretty important
Ok so its been a long while since i played I'm a vanilla player and just got back into wow. so for lvling whats the go to spec and for endgame whats the spec? i have always played sub with some assassination but all i did was twinks for BG's I'm trying to make this rogue my main.
The top rogues are all playing sub yet, i have seen ppl in green with sub at the top of arena charts, but no one is assassin, that makes me doubt the effectviness of assassination, since i have seen none assassination rogues at the top charts, well, after the games comes up again, i'll def try sub instead of assassin just to see what is more viable.
I know I'm not supposed to use the spec, but popping AR/SB/berserking with BF during a smoke bomb in a crowd is fun as hell.
11/13/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Ahlondra
Wait do you think people still play sub? Dude all their goodies are made available to everyone Sub is totally pointless now go sin :P

I still play subtlety.
Shadow Dance is still one of the best CDs in the game.
Sick I can't stop staring at your um, skill sets.

But Sub might still be viable. Like every expac, it gets more viable each patch. Blizz wants it to be the standard (read only) pvp spec.
11/13/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Moslin
The damage of backstab is pathetic these days and sub lost preparation and shadow step as sub only abilities and gained nothing in return.

This might just be the PTR, but I've been playing at 90 on the PTR with full PvP gear, and my backstabs hit pretty hard... Like in the 30k range... repeatedly. especially with rupture up. Like I said, it might just be in the PTR.