Make LFR and Normal/Heroic Share same lockout

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 21 Next
Our guild is requiring LFR, because despite having some heroic modes down and even with coins, some of us are still sporting blue's.

Furthermore, without knowing how VP gear upgrading is going to work, we are required to keep capping it until it's at 3000 so we are ready for 5.1 Sad to say, but LFR gives MORE valor points than actual raiding does. It's literally the fastest and most efficent way to VP cap. 180 valor for a full clear of faceroll LFR MSV, compared to a clear of MSV normal or heroic which only nets 150 VP. LFR full clear takes an hour tops because of what a faceroll joke that is. It's clearly the superior VP farming method over extra dailies or heroics. If this point right here doesn't ever change. we'll be running LFR with no need for gear until the end of expansoin just for the most efficient route to VP capping with minimum amount of time spent.
OP is right, and doesn't take things far enough. If I don't do dailies for elder charms, get rep and valor points, finish all the questlines, or run random scenarios until I get the best iLevel 463 pieces, I'm gimping my raid. They need to stop making all this content so mandatory by attaching gear to it all. Really, it also sucks that if I don't raid every week, I end up falling behind and gimping my raid. They should just remove all this gear as drops and purchases and just give everyone a flat overall iLevel that increases each week all by itself. That way I can just do the stuff I like and not worry about doing anything else that I perceive as being beneficial to my gearset, just because I happen to want the best gear I can get.
Zarhym made my day.

And I really don't understand what's so bad about lfr. If you're trying to get gear, you're not competing with anyone for it and you can get multiple tries off a table a week with your charms.

Besides, the majority of people running lfr are either geared up enough or knowledgeable enough to pretty much faceroll the whole thing. No one even taunts the guards back and forth! Rainbow overloads!

Cultural differences in playing; also the subscription systems are different overseas than they are in the US.

Yes because not one person ever asked for dual lockouts again.
The player base here in america has been asking for dual lockouts again for quite some time now.

I answered why KOREA has it, not why the US doesn't.

There is an entire world full of people, all of whom aren't me! If I had my way, we wouldn't be getting the reputation buff items in 5.1, for example!
11/01/2012 11:11 AMPosted by Zarhym
I'm especially unsure what point you're trying to make here, as it seems like you're invalidating your own argument.

My point is that everyone including you has now said there is no need to run LFR and Normal each week, so why would any normal mode raider care that they could only do normal modes over LFR difficulties each week?
The first one is for OP. http://www.thedailyblink.com/2012/10/mean-people-suck/
To answer your questions in your first post Z since you like to derail and troll and get paid to do it to your paying customers.

11/01/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Zarhym
Are you in a guild that has success with Heroic raid progression?

In the past yes, we will be starting heroic progression mixed in with HOF this week.

Is your guild demanding that you run LFR every week for the chance at some upgrades you haven't made via normal difficulty yet?

It's not demanded. But as I already said and as you know for some of us its about being in the best possible set up you can achieve on your character. Maybe those slight numbers between 463 and 476 aren't much but added up over multiple slots it adds up a lot.

How badly are you really hurting your raid by not running LFR?

That's subjective as there is no true way to find out. Let's just assume a raid group of ten people each person has two pieces of LFR gear, that's a lot of extra stats across the raid and def helps against something like a elegon fight with tight enrages.
How does the koreans have seperate 10 & 25m lockouts but we are forced to have our lockouts together. They were also tested with double resets in FL, anyone would like to explain Blizzards reasoning in giving Koreans everything the US players want?

Koreans gave the world Gangnam style.

They deserve double lockouts.
11/01/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Buttercookie
I'm especially unsure what point you're trying to make here, as it seems like you're invalidating your own argument.

My point is that everyone including you has now said there is no need to run LFR and Normal each week, so why would any normal mode raider care that they could only do normal modes over LFR difficulties each week?

There is no "need" to do LFR difficulty, but as has been said, some guilds will require people to do LFR in an attempt to replace 463 gear. As such, any guild that places the expectation on their members to do LFR in addition to normal/heroic will be affected by a change like that. And if you are in a guild that requires that of you and you don't like, type /gquit and find a home elsewhere.
11/01/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Buttercookie

I love the "raiders" that come to the forums and make inane posts that they don't even understand themselves by using weird backwards logic that doesn't make sense on any level and eventually invalidates their own topic which inevitably comes full circle because its so convoluted they can't possibly convey the original context in a meaningful way.
I think some of the frustration might be coming from people who are on raid teams where the raid leader is instituting a rule that the raiders have to run LFR if there are any upgrades in it.

While you could just say "then find a new raid" I think most raiders know that finding a new raid group isn't easy, one where you fit in, that needs you, etc.

There's a lot of semantic discussion about what is "required". Even if the game doesn't require you to do something, it's easy to feel like there is pressure on you to do certain things to be raid ready. Ultimately, each individual has to evaluate if the reward of raiding is worth the cost in time and effort to be raid ready, as defined by you and your raid team.

I don't think sharing a raid lockout is a good answer for everyone or even a majority of players.

I've heard suggestions that LFR shouldn't drop loot. And if the intent is truly to let more casual players experience the content, then that could work. But it would be different from every other place in the game, which is: player kills thing, player gets loot.

My solution: reduce the ilvl of LFR gear to that of Heroics. That way, there's truly no benefit of running LFR OVER Heroics. Raiders could just pick their preference. If they prefer heroics, run those. If they like LFR, run that.
[quote="70032629699"][quote]

I love the "raiders" that come to the forums and make inane posts that they don't even understand themselves by using weird backwards logic that doesn't make sense on any level and eventually invalidates their own topic which inevitably comes full circle because its so convoluted they can't possibly convey the original context in a meaningful way.

He must be studying philosophy
11/01/2012 11:21 AMPosted by Cutaia
OP is right, and doesn't take things far enough. If I don't do dailies for elder charms, get rep and valor points, finish all the questlines, or run random scenarios until I get the best iLevel 463 pieces, I'm gimping my raid. They need to stop making all this content so mandatory by attaching gear to it all. Really, it also sucks that if I don't raid every week, I end up falling behind and gimping my raid. They should just remove all this gear as drops and purchases and just give everyone a flat overall iLevel that increases each week all by itself. That way I can just do the stuff I like and not worry about doing anything else that I perceive as being beneficial to my gearset, just because I happen to want the best gear I can get.

A modest proposal. :)