Weird Sound Issues

Technical Support
I'll state ahead of time that I'm not overly computer-savvy.

That said, I've been getting strange audio popping/crackling from my speakers in the past week during WoW, and only during WoW; mp3s play fine, videos play fine, youtube works fine, etc. Last night I double-checked to make sure all my audio drivers are up-to-date, and they are.

Using the 64-bit client, I notice the popping happens almost nonstop; walking, running, riding, flying, sitting in Ogrimmar scratching my rear... Using the 32-bit client, there's no issue...until I start combat. The crackling and popping begins in full and lasts for pretty much the duration of combat, sometimes spiking when using a special. Using Blood Boil sounded like a dozen bowls of Rice Krispies singing in unison.

I've noticed the WoW Repair tool is gone so yeah, can't use that.

It seems like the issues have gotten worse in the past 48 hours so I went through and removed the most-recent addon I downloaded yesterday, but it hasn't improved things in the slightest.

What might be the problem and how can I resolve it? Is this a known issue with the latest patch?
I know this is 4 months later so you might not even still be having this issue but...

This same thing just happened to me today, turns out my sound channels had been turned down from 64 to 24, and turning them back to 64 fixed my weird popping noise that was happening.
... turns out my sound channels had been turned down from 64 to 24, and turning them back to 64 fixed my weird popping noise that was happening.

Thanks! Same thing was happening to me, and this fixed it.