<A-RP> The Kingdom of Arathor: Retired

Moon Guard
Prev 1 3 4 5 15 Next
All men of age to serve in the fyrd shall carry on them a seax, or keep such in their home. Any fyrdsman who is weaponless when mustered shall pay no less than three groats fine, and no more than one gros, to be determined by his income... - The Code
If a man does cause great insult through words, poetry or otherwise, or does cause a man to stumble disgracefully, it is lawful that the insulted may strike the giver of such insult, provided blood is not drawn and the wound is not mortal... The Code
If a man does cause great insult through words, poetry or otherwise, or does cause a man to stumble disgracefully, it is lawful that the insulted may strike the giver of such insult, provided blood is not drawn and the wound is not mortal... The Code

Arathorian rap battles?
Our rap battles involve fists, but yes.
Despite a temporary relapse into coughing blood, I'm still not dead.
Despite the ever-growing numbers of Chieftain-turned-King Thoradin's horde, the unification was resisted by a number of tribes until the end of the six year conflict. One of these tribes, who dwelled in the rocky hills of the West, where the arid steppes met the verdant and troll-infested forests, became a major force in the resistance before they too were crushed.

It is said by the common folk of Gilneas, though it is of questionable veracity, that the line of Greymane descends from these willful Westerlings, and that their stubbornness and independent streak is in the blood itself.
- The Unification of the Tribes: A Perspective
If an unmarked sheep does wander into a man's flock, he may mark them as his own without penalty, provided that they are older than two weeks. If a lamb younger than two weeks is so taken, it is a fine of one groat. - The Code
Any that is stamped as a penny shall be of one twentieth an ounce of copper. Any that is stamped as a groat shall be one twentieth an ounce of silver. Any that is stamped gros shall be one tenth an ounce of gold. Any that is stamped fylkirgros shall be one fifth an ounce of gold. These are the weights. - The Code
And to continue my recent trend of being sick and not always posting guild lore snippets, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my departure...

Nah. I'm just going to the coast for a week. The salt air should help clear this infection up. I will be temporarily unavailable.
I am returned, and the salt air has in fact rid me of the bloody flux.
And right as I return, my hard drive with WoW decides to depart into the great beyond. Godspeed you, 200GB HDD from 2005. You served loyally.
If a man cannot pay his debt, and the head of his hus cannot pay his debt on his behalf, it is lawful to take him for an indentured servant until such time as his debt be repaid. - The Code
...rust the volva, she becomes ivioia. At the first sign of t...y, ... her out. Do not allow the malignant ..a.. that is the heathen witch to spread through our society... - Speech fragment from an anonymous Theistic Priest's belongings, engraved on clay tablet, c. -1,600 KY
The bloodied fist is not just a banner. It is a declaration of strength and fortitude, of loyalty to the ideals of the long-lost Empire. We are the bloodied fist of the Trollbanes, inheritors of the Imperial legacy, and we will not bow to some impious King from the Westerlands. - King Hagen's reply, c. 310KY
And Iro the Dwarf-Man leapt over the spear, and stabbed his longknife through the neck of the Robber King, ending his depredations against the Wildhammer Dwarf-Men of the North.
It is customary to offer travelers hospitality; so much so that if an offer is not made without good reason to excuse the lapse, the local people will even endorse violence. - The Strange Customs of the Highlands
It's come to my attention that a new guild, named Kingdom of Arathor, was just established by our former GM. I wish him luck, and hope it opens up an avenue for those who want more conventional Kingdom RP.
I'm too tired to do a semi-fancy bump.
I don't know if you remember me... but I remember you from waay back in wrath content.. and I was just a little elf at the time. I believe I was a druid before I went all priesty. Hehe.. Bump for old memories :)
Oh, I remember you. You were terribly concerned about Everen's injuries a number of times.