Did your first character become your main?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
Oh god, a blue! It's a real thread now!

11/08/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Yup, the very first character I created has been my main since then. Mind you, I've taken detours into other classes regularly, but I always return to that character.

Way to not tell anyone what you play. ;P I'm thinking Protoss.
I originally started playing WoW on a relatives account and made a bunch of alts. Played a few until I decided that the Undead Warlock was the most fun.

When I finally got my own account, this character was the first character made and is still my main to this day and despite undergoing numerous faction/race changes still retains the original name.
Absolutely. I'm an altoholic, but she's still at the top of the list on my main server, and gets the vast majority of my attention.
My first character to get to 40 (Ashwilliams, Undead Warrior) on Azjol-Nerub Horde-side did not become my main. I rerolled on another server to play with my brother and his friends on Duskwood Alliance-side. This all took place just before Wrath launched and I did reach 70 in time to do the world event boss in Kara.
Nope. My first character was a Forsaken Rogue. They were my main in Vanilla. Then BC hit and I rolled a BE Paladin and they were my main. Then Wrath hit and I played a Forsaken DK for a while but eventually went back to my BE Paladin. Then Cata hit and my BE Paladin became a Tauren Sunwalker. Now in Mists the Sunwalker is my only lv90 character.

Although I have been contemplating getting my old Forsaken Rogue's name back. I originally deleted the rogue and used the name for my DK. Then server transferred the DK and never reserved the name back. I eventually got my Rogue back, but had to choose a new name(also grew boobs). Some Forsaken Warrior took the name, but the character hasnt been logged in in about a year, maybe more. So maybe I can change my Rogue back into a Forsakeman and get his original name back.
Yes (pawnzerkin) but i started out as a Night Elf and my original name was Ponypackage....I picked that name because i had an 07 v6 mustang with the ponypackage option on it.

well i changed my name cause some little twerps were making fun of it...

My spec has changed a lot. I started out leveling as a resto.... O.O
then switched to moonkin, then back to resto, then to feral. I also have other druids. I just love druids.
Yes (pawnzerkin) but i started out as a Night Elf and my original name was Ponypackage....I picked that name because i had an 07 v6 mustang with the ponypackage option on it.

Ooooh...see when I see "Ponypackage", I think its some reference to being hung like a horse.

{◕ ◡ ◕}
It was something like..

- Make a character on a server because of friend; don't play that toon
- Make alts that *I* like
- End up liking first toon more
- Raid on opposing faction due to unbearable people on current (true story)
- Pandas come out. My boyfriend and I were discussing which toons we'd level first. I thought I'd level that one and so he leveled his warr with me.

In a sense, yes: My first toon became my main. It was the toon I logged in to get rep on, or pets... or mounts. And although I didn't play it much, it was the toon I collected stuff on until I did. I'm not really sure why, I think it just got sentimental after a while.

My boyfriend's main was a shaman "BACK IN 'NILLA," but he made the mistake of playing his warrior with me and I liked it a lot more. He would like to play his paladin or shaman, but he stuck to his warr for over a year... so he can QQ as much as he wants, but his alts wouldn't last a month.
>_>
<_<

I've DPSed on several classes and I've healed on several. As much as it's fun to compete for top DPS with my boyfriend, it's not for me. Healing is fine on other classes, but I just don't like it as much. :/
It's hard to play one specific role, try another and not think to yourself, "I could do this so much better!" If our healer had trouble, I used to actually switch to heals and pick up. And I've out healed some of them as DPS. I've out healed an 85 on a level 70.

...forget alts, I need a Healers Anonymous. :C
Yes, I still have fun playing my mage. I have a few alts but none at levels worth discussing.
In a way, yes and no. My first class ended up being my main, but not my first toon. My first toon is still lvl 16 chilling on Rexxar.
The first character I made in EverQuest was a Dark Elf Shadowknight. I switched servers twice, but in each case, my main on the new server was a Dark Elf Shadowknight. In Dark Age of Camelot, my first character was an Elf Champion, and that was my main while I played that. When I started playing World of Warcraft, I looked at the races and classes available and picked Night Elf Hunter and this has been my main since then.
If I recall correctly it was a Nelf priest and no, I found her hard to level past level 10.

Ooooh...see when I see "Ponypackage", I think its some reference to being hung like a horse.

{◕ ◡ ◕}

exactly... ive since upgraded to the GT, so now i have a horse package.... >.> yeh that was corny.
No
My 1st Char was a warrior lasted until level 13. then I went some place where the mobs were a couple levels higher then me. I thought I could not go back so logged off dead and deleted him.
Made this char and its been my "Main" ever since
Yes, this bad !@# right here was my first character and I haven't put her down since I started.
11/08/2012 09:25 AMPosted by Wolfmother
Just curious as to how many people's first characters (when I say first character, I mean the first character that you got out of the starting zone) became their mains and still are their mains?

My first character was a Warlock. I wasn't really that good at it.
My second main was a Hunter. It was never going to be a character I played but was going to be my bank mule, was named Tehmule, and was more fun than I could have ever imagined and somehow got to level 60.
My third main is this Paladin - created when TBC went live, leveled to 70 sometime 2-3 months later (I was taking my time) and has been my main ever since.

So first was maybe 6 months, second about 18 months, this one is now going on 5 1/2 years.
Definitely not! I deleted my first character... within a week? <.< I think I got her to lvl 14. Haha.

However, the oldest character I still have on my account would be my Blood Elf Paladin that I made back during BC. I got her to lvl 40, started to get bored, so my brother said, "I'll get her to lvl 60 for you! Outlands is really fun!" So, he did that... and I proceeded to wait a year or two before I finally picked the game back up, haha.

I could have been one of the cool kids that said that I played during BC~ But alas, I got bored, so I'm more of a Cata baby as a result.