At 90 what raids could my mage solo?

Mage
(( I'm not posting on my mage because she's not really ready for gear inspection which i'm sure would happen woops ))

I don't know a lot about old raids because i've never been a raider or even really a PvE player so i'm not sure what raids are soloable for a mage

She's level 90, fire spec, and ilvl 463 so with that what could i solo on her? i'd really like to experience some raids but i can't find a lot of info on soloing at 90
MC easily. BWL you'd need someone to help with the first boss because of the fight mechanics that can't be ignored even at level 90, but you can solo the rest. Haven't tried AQ20 as a mage, but I'm sure it'd be easy, since the mobs/bosses have such low health, and in AQ40 I think only a couple bosses would give you trouble/be impossible to solo.

For 70 raids, Kara is an easy solo. Gruul's won't happen because of the mass CCfest on the first boss. Mag is probably soloable. SSC you might have a bit of trouble with a couple bosses, but with trial-and-error, it should be doable. TK shouldn't be too hard with kiting on the first 3 bosses, though Kael might be problematic. Hyjal would definitely require some serious kiting on all bosses. BT would mostly be fine, but for a couple bosses you'll need serious dps/other raid members, due to fight mechanics. And Sunwell I think most bosses would be doable with intelligent usage of images/high dps/serious kiting.

80 raids, hmmm. Some bosses in Naxx would be doable with serious kiting, some might be impossible for a mage to solo. Ulduar isn't possible unless you're exceptionally good at kiting. Sarth should be possible with no drakes up and a lot of kiting. Maly, I wouldn't know, haven't done him in forever. Ony is out of the question. ToC might not happen. ICC is out of the question.

All 85 raids are out of the question for mage solo, unless you're in the top % of mage soloers, and even then I doubt it's possible.

I will personally test all of the ones I said may be/may not be possible that I haven't already proven within the next couple of weeks, and update this based on my results.
Although I've never soloed anything except maybe old 60 content, I 2-manned Naxx fairly recently, and it wouldn't surprise me if most of the other 80s are 2-mannable.

Bear in mind that your average level 80 tank had maybe 50,000 HPs (and I think that estimate might be high) whereas a good level 90 mage has well over 300,000 HPs... I'm pretty sure some geared mages have hit 400,000 unbuffed by now. Cataclysm is when the big HP spike occurred so soloing 85 raids is probably rough.
I only mention 2-manning because I personally find it more enjoyable than simply going in there by yourself... plus since you need at least one other person to enable the raid anyway, why not go with someone who needs the same Achievements and/or isn't going to compete for the same gear.
Oh gosh now I'm excited to try out some old raids, thanks both of you!
11/10/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Taizarrah
Oh gosh now I'm excited to try out some old raids, thanks both of you!

All of level 60 is soloable except for bosses with impossible Mechanics such as the first boss of BWL.

Simlar for 70 I would think, I could do A'Lar, Solarian, and Kael on my mage, SSC and BT has lots of impossible fights, so I wouldn't even bother even if you could solo the bosses.

80 raids? they'd be tough. Not too many, probably bits and pieces like earlier poster have said, I'm curious to see how it pans out.
I actually just solo'd Ony with nothing but molten armor and arcane brilliance as fire. Looking back now, mages were killing Ony solo as early as 4.2.

I didn't even have any real strategy to it. I popped MI to keep the adds off of me when they spawned, popped hero and took her down. Used IA for t6 talent.
Glyphed Rune of Power helps a LOT in conjunction with Ice Block/Barrier if you do find yourself in a tight spot for healing
i did gruul yest solo it can happen

This person has no idea what they're talking about.

I already said I'm not correct on most of what I said, and I also said that I will be testing what I can solo so that I can edit my statement to be more accurate. Plus, I do run certain old raids on a regular basis, so I do have some idea.
Like I said, most of my information is out of date and will be rechecked so that I can give a more accurate statement. Last time I tried soloing Ony was at the beginning of Cata, and the whelps destroyed me. Obviously, since you can nearly do it at 80, that is no longer the case, and when I run it next week, I will be able to give a more correct answer to the OP's question.

Though, since you've shown me just how out of date I am, I may just delete my first reply and post a correct one after I've tested how many old raids/bosses a 90 mage can solo.
Like I said, most of my information is out of date and will be rechecked so that I can give a more accurate statement. Last time I tried soloing Ony was at the beginning of Cata, and the whelps destroyed me. Obviously, since you can nearly do it at 80, that is no longer the case, and when I run it next week, I will be able to give a more correct answer to the OP's question.

Though, since you've shown me just how out of date I am, I may just delete my first reply and post a correct one after I've tested how many old raids/bosses a 90 mage can solo.

Thing is, 80's pull more dps than 90's.

If you're trying to solo stuff as a mage, you should be doing it at 80, not 90
80's soloing stuff is a joke with MoP gear at level 80. See that level 80 DK that has solo'd all of ICC 25m H. But I have solo'd Marrowgar and Deathwhisper on ICC 10m (don't remember if it was heroic or not, probably not). All of VoA is probably soloable. Most 80 raids actually are soloable at 90, cept for a lot of ICC. I 2 manned H 10m LK from 50% to death yesterday, with more gear he will probably be soloable. Want to try on regular. Been too focused on raiding lately, but will get into later in the expansion.
11/12/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Isildr
No level 80 DK has soloed all of ICC 25m H without using exploits.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1214536-80-DK-solo-Icecrown-Citadel-25-7-12-HC-3-12-Normal

Sorry, 7/12.
11/12/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Ragnaros
80's soloing stuff is a joke with MoP gear at level 80. See that level 80 DK that has solo'd all of ICC 25m H. But I have solo'd Marrowgar and Deathwhisper on ICC 10m (don't remember if it was heroic or not, probably not). All of VoA is probably soloable. Most 80 raids actually are soloable at 90, cept for a lot of ICC. I 2 manned H 10m LK from 50% to death yesterday, with more gear he will probably be soloable. Want to try on regular. Been too focused on raiding lately, but will get into later in the expansion.

I agree that 80 mop gear is overtuned.

But implying that solo'ing anything is hard when you outlevel and outgear the content you're attempting is a joke in itself. Completely avoiding raid mechanics and/or finding an exploit around mechanics takes no skill, whatsoever, no matter what level or what gear you have.

While it's fun to do, it's not impressive.