Evil monk

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
corrupted by ....
Okay...gotta say...that right there...is one seriously badass transmog set.
you look like a rogue

by the sha ?
wow......I am honestly intimidated
Old Sha.

I mean Legion Gods.

I mean Burning Scourge.

I mean randomcultofthedayforblizzard.
Can't you just be evil without being corrupted?
Corrupted by me beating the tar out of you with the lorebat.

Watch it. You're on thin ice.
11/12/2012 04:55 PMPosted by Hallinton

No need to use a fancy lorebat. From what I've experienced in-game if people are corrupted by the sha, just beat on them with any old thing until they puke it out.

Problem solved.
11/12/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Rosyllyn
Can't you just be evil without being corrupted?

I agree with the worgen. I mean "corruption" is just getting to overused. Next thing we're going to find out that Garrosh is being corrupted into what we're going to be fighting endgame. But originally they said hes not. Cant for once, I mean FOR ONCE we get someone whos just plain evil without being corrupted?
Back from the vacation Hal? You must be really bored to poke your head in such a nonsense thread.

However I do agree with the fact that corruption is overused. And your set looks pretty cool for a leather wearer, but it does not say "monk" to me. Just another nondescript leather outfit. The helmets in this game crack me up. And the weapon does not match the green in the outfit. But I suppose it looks ok.

To me a monk should be in a loose but not baggy set of cloth. Carry a staff of plain wood and have a shaved head. But that might be a bit hard to do for a female. Since the options in game do not have much in the way of plain and simple, and Sinead O'Conner can pull off a bald head, but not many can.

For those interested, here is a link to what I see in my mind as a monk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Z-ekyyK8o&feature=related
Not everyone has to be mind controlled or corrupted to be evil. Some are just born that way. There is no good without evil, there is no evil without good.
11/14/2012 06:42 AMPosted by Kynriin
Some are just born that way.

Yep. Sometimes, babies are just evil. Too bad the man won't let us kill em young.

I do agree with the "corruption is overused, find a gradual path to evil instead" point, though.
They were doing well with Arthas for a long time. Gradually turning to evil because of personal justifications...

Then, enter Frostmourne, effin' everything up.

Watch it. You're on thin ice.

Shut up Hallinton...nobody cares about your opinion...please just shut up...
God, I thought the Hal-hating crusaders had cleared out finally. His post on this thread is days old; don't deliberately post just to antagonize someone simply because you don't like them.

And for the record, Hal's opinion carries a hell of a lot more weight around here than some random person I've never seen before.
I care about Hal's opinion a hell of a lot more than most people on these forums. You obviously haven't been around here long enough; he's gotta be the most knowledgeable person lore-wise on the forums. Not many people can keep up with him; I'm sure you can't.

Okay, I'm done now. We can kill the thread. Nobody's posted much really in a while.
I care about Hal's opinion a hell of a lot more than most people on these forums. You obviously haven't been around here long enough; he's gotta be the most knowledgeable person lore-wise on the forums. Not many people can keep up with him; I'm sure you can't.

Okay, I'm done now. We can kill the thread. Nobody's posted much really in a while.

I've been here for awile actually I usually just don't say anything but this time I decided to tell somebody to !@#$ already. I'm not on any crusade I'm just voicing my take on Hal's crap and quite frankly I am sure there are plenty of people who don't care for his opinion either. They just don't say anything because quite frankly these forums have become a waste of everyones time because of the endless dregs of people who will take any idea somebody comes up with and crush it.
God, I thought the Hal-hating crusaders had cleared out finally. His post on this thread is days old; don't deliberately post just to antagonize someone simply because you don't like them.

And for the record, Hal's opinion carries a hell of a lot more weight around here than some random person I've never seen before.
And his opinion will carry some weight when he actually comes up with an idea of his own for once instead of just being that guy in the room that has something negative to say about everything. Its really just annoying...
He wrote a book. I read it. It was AMAZING.

Okay, NOW I'm done, I swear.
Well think of it this way. What is it mean to be a monk of the Wandering Isle's legacy? It's mastery of the self so that the external world can be mastered in turn.

There are plenty of characters with that same mindset but not all are heroes. One that springs to mind is Akuma from Street Fighter. Gouki just wants to be the Master of his respective style, and pretty much already is. This "transcendence" for him is almost a kind of negative enlightenment as he has fully embraced the Satsui No Hado, nothing can stop him and nothing is beneath him.

I'd imagine an evil monk of Azeroth would be of a similar mindset. Not to say it's impossible for the opposite, but I imagine such a monk to be of the Huojin school, living in the moment and pursuing any task that strikes his mood at the time.

It's a cliche to say "seeking worthy foes/challenges" but the idea being that such a character has moved past petty things such as status or profit and instead is compelled by more esoteric and introspective desires. The difference between good and evil at this point is more a matter of consequence rather than motivation. A good monk would not use his gained self-mastery as an excuse to abuse other's possible mastery while an evil monk will see nothing objectionable about killing in a fight regardless of circumstance.