Question: Dalaran after the purge...

Moon Guard
So, are all of the blood elves killed/removed/imprisoned next patch, no exceptions? What would happen to a blood elf who sided with the Kirin Tor and abandoned the Sunreavers? Would they get the chance or would they be imprisoned?

After Varian talks with Jaina, what happens to those who were imprisoned?

Also, sorry if this has been asked before. :P
11/10/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Falkoen
So, are all of the blood elves killed/removed/imprisoned next patch, no exceptions? What would happen to a blood elf who sided with the Kirin Tor and abandoned the Sunreavers? Would they get the chance or would they be imprisoned?
The Kirin Tor are siding with the Alliance, so in doing so they'd be joining the Alliance. Other than neutral Blood Elves, Argents mostly, and the "Alliance Blood Elves" (Which might not even exist), they'll be wiped out.

11/10/2012 07:00 PMPosted by Falkoen
After Varian talks with Jaina, what happens to those who were imprisoned?
I'd imagine they stay in prison.
11/10/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Karob
The Kirin Tor are siding with the Alliance, so in doing so they'd be joining the Alliance. Other than neutral Blood Elves, Argents mostly, and the "Alliance Blood Elves" (Which might not even exist), they'll be wiped out.

Not entirely wiped out. Many are imprisoned, after all. I suppose I understand imprisoning them, regardless of affiliation (unless they're Argent or part of another big neutral order). Seems in very bad taste to just categorize them all by race.

11/10/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Karob
I'd imagine they stay in prison.

Even after Varian tells them that he wanted Blood Elves in the Alliance again? That'd seem in very bad taste to keep them imprisoned when he wants for them to be assimilated.
11/10/2012 07:31 PMPosted by Falkoen
Even after Varian tells them that he wanted Blood Elves in the Alliance again? That'd seem in very bad taste to keep them imprisoned when he wants for them to be assimilated.
Enemy combatants are enemy combatants, the Sunreavers have proven themselves to be just that.

Not entirely wiped out. Many are imprisoned, after all. I suppose I understand imprisoning them, regardless of affiliation (unless they're Argent or part of another big neutral order). Seems in very bad taste to just categorize them all by race.
Well yes, it's clear the ones that don't resist arrest won't be harmed.
11/10/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Karob
Enemy combatants are enemy combatants, the Sunreavers have proven themselves to be just that.

I have to disagree with that notion that they'd disregard Varian's word on the blood elves and just keep them imprisoned indefinitely. Several blood elves had nothing to do with what happened in Darnassus, just as several of the shopkeepers and others had nothing to do with it. I imagine Varian wouldn't stand to let that slide.
Well depends. Do we know if Rommath and the Horde player breaks Aethas and the other Sunreavers out before or after Varian talks to Jaina?
11/10/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Karob

That'd seem in very bad taste to keep them imprisoned when he wants for them to be assimilated.

Gooooood, gooood. I don't care what goes on with your alliance politics, as long as I remain Horde.

Regardless, I doubt Varian would actively pursue assimilating the Blood Elves after everything that's planned to happen in 5.1. He may have mentioned it, but what with the overall distaste the Alliance people in general/Kirin Tor allies must have for them it'd be pretty foolish on his part to continue to vouch for them.
11/10/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Falkoen
Several blood elves had nothing to do with what happened in Darnassus, just as several of the shopkeepers and others had nothing to do with it. I imagine Varian wouldn't stand to let that slide.

He may not like it, but there's very little he could do about it without looking like he supporting them or helping them. War is war. Letting them go may be the 'morally' correct thing, but military and politics wise it's a dangerous move.

*Edit to clarify: It's more likely that the majority of the Alliance doesn't fully know the extent of the Blood Elves' involvement in the recent attacks. Blood Elves were involved, the Horde was involved, the Horde is the enemy, the Blood elves are part of the Horde = Blood Elves are enemies and are to be regarded as such.
11/10/2012 07:50 PMPosted by Avalissa
He may not like it, but there's very little he could do about it without looking like he supporting them or helping them. War is war. Letting them go may be the 'morally' correct thing, but military and politics wise it's a dangerous move.

Doesn't sit well with me, if that's the route they go. Should be Varian's job to uphold the ideals of the Alliance, as he's constantly boasting them and saying he will uphold them. Would be contradictory to what he's saying he'll do. We see him give Jaina a tongue lashing for what she did, so I'd prefer he stick to his words and work to have the innocents released.

Might sit bad with the people, him showing sympathy to blood elves, but to not show them sympathy is to basically say it was okay to kill the shopkeepers who die for supporting the blood elves.
11/10/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Falkoen
Might sit bad with the people, him showing sympathy to blood elves, but to not show them sympathy is to basically say it was okay to kill the shopkeepers who die for supporting the blood elves.

Yeah. Like I said, letting them free is the morally correct thing to do 100%. It's just not as simple as snapping his fingers and having the cell gates fly open, at least it wouldn't be if these lore events really took the politics of the faction/cities into account.

You know, what with the current and extreme shift to make the factions seem more different in MoP, (Horde = bad guys Ally = good) he probably will let them go, since it'll add to that theme.
11/10/2012 08:02 PMPosted by Xiaoqing
Is Dalaran really going Alliance, or are we just assuming that because they are kicking out the Sunreavers?

The Kirin'Tor (Aka Dalaran) officially stated that they are at the command of the Alliance. So, yes, they are going Alliance. ;P
11/10/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Avalissa
You know, what with the current and extreme shift to make the factions seem more different in MoP, (Horde = bad guys Ally = good) he probably will let them go, since it'll add to that theme.

That's what I'm hoping. I'd like to see more about Dalaran after the scenario, though. Leaving me with a lot of questions.
I heard that there was a scenario for the Horde that sent you on a mission to free them..
It could also just be a quest. Either way, in the end Lor'themar tells Rommath to add the Sunreaver's strength to his own blood magi.
I imagine that there can be blood elves in Dalaran, loyalty sworn to the Kirin'Tor/Alliance, but the Sunreavers no. No more of those in Dalaran... From my understanding.
But if Dalaran sides with the Alliance, where will I buy a Traveler's Tundra Mammoth? How will I do quests in The Violet Hold - or in Coldarra? Will I have to fly all the way around to Grizzly Hills just to get from Icecrown to Dragonblight to avoid hostile airspace?

I just don't see something as drastic as an entire neutral faction becoming side-exclusive due to things like that (the logistics of going back to remove/rework quests that grant Kirin Tor rep to the Horde, or making certain all the Kirin Tor purchases are still available, etc.)

I imagine it'll just be a temporary phasing thing during a questline, such as during The Battle for Undercity, or something similar.
But if Dalaran sides with the Alliance, where will I buy a Traveler's Tundra Mammoth? How will I do quests in The Violet Hold - or in Coldarra? Will I have to fly all the way around to Grizzly Hills just to get from Icecrown to Dragonblight to avoid hostile airspace?

I just don't see something as drastic as an entire neutral faction becoming side-exclusive due to things like that (the logistics of going back to remove/rework quests that grant Kirin Tor rep to the Horde, or making certain all the Kirin Tor purchases are still available, etc.)

I imagine it'll just be a temporary phasing thing during a questline, such as during The Battle for Undercity, or something similar.
The Dalaran in Northrend will not change at all.

This would be a Scenario, if anything.
Dalaran in Northrend wouldn't change(maybe), they could place all of the cities contents and quests onto the two Sunreaver/Silver Covenant bases in Crystalsong, while Dalaran returns to the hole in the ground.