Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

Arenas
Prev 1 10 11 12 23 Next
SHOUT OUT TO RATHAMUS ON NETHREZIM FOR YOUR CARRY TO 2500 THE 2800 MONKS AND ALL THE NERDS WHO ARE 15 GAMES IN WITH A 2600 RECORD GRATS TO YOU GUYS. ENJOY WHERE YOU BELONG BACK AT THE 1500'S
+25 for win
-25 for loss
+5 for win after 2.4
-5 for loss after 2.4

if you que into someone lower than 50 points than your team your loss is increased 7-10
(+1-3 for win)
while if you've conquered a team 50 points higher your win's increased 7-10
(-1-3 for loss)
Reset the ladder! Look at the top team in Bloodlust. THEY didn't do the MMR exploit but rather benefited from the exploit being carried out!

3000 rating isn't catchable. Reset everything.

People who DIDN'T EXPLOIT but rather farmed the EXPLOITERS got their MMR inflated and gained an incredibly unfair advantage.

I went from rank 6 to rank 17 overnight on my battlegroup, and that's at 2400 rating. It's obvious that there is a serious ripple effect.
Reset the ladder! Look at the top team in Bloodlust. THEY didn't do the MMR exploit but rather benefited from the exploit being carried out!

3000 rating isn't catchable. Reset everything.

People who DIDN'T EXPLOIT but rather farmed the EXPLOITERS got their MMR inflated and gained an incredibly unfair advantage.

I went from rank 6 to rank 17 overnight on my battlegroup, and that's at 2400 rating. It's obvious that there is a serious ripple effect.

Reset the Ladder²
reset the ladder also +1
reset it, the whole ladder is broken. And even if your rating inflation change were to somehow fix it in 5.1...that is still weeks/months away, what about until then? Ratings are meaningless? So many people got undeserved rating out of this, not just exploiters.

Making people feel like they are at a disadvantage because they DIDN'T exploit is MORONIC, Blizzard.
Arena team deletion
Character MMR reset to 1500
All Conquest gear removed
Conquest earned tally reset, as well as all Honor and Conquest points removed.
All Arena achievements earned since the beginning of Mists of Pandaria removed.
3 day suspension

More than I expected! Good to see you guys taking this seriously! :)
Thank God. Honestly, people who win trade and exploit the game to get high rated are absolutely pathetic.
Why reset the ladder, when they could just roll the ladders back to what it looked like a week ago. Problem solved.
11/14/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Aurathis
Maybe people were dodging unfair comps like ones with warriors and frost mages because they didn't want to get globaled. If you really want to make pvp fair you should probably work on balancing things and give people less of a reason to cheat.

i find your mentality and your thought process completely sickening, people like you not only ruin this game, they ruin the planet.

cheating is unacceptable, any reasoning around it is invalid.

it like saying "hey i don't have a job, so its ok for me to pirate games."
good job blizz!
thank you blizzard. we love u now.
I think that the punitive actions against the players are very adecuate and non-excesive at all. Now, about the balance of the battlegroups and MMR Ratings, this only could be effective in the case that the second point of the table (Character MMR reset to 1500) be succesfully implemented, sanctioning ALL the players that abuse the bug, and this will depend on the criterion applied to decide what is abusive and what is not.

This last thing it seems a little bit complex, it's valid to think that, leaving all to an arbitrary demarcation criterion, the legitimity of the season is compromised.
Thanks god
People who get free mmr from the exploiters team, should lose those mmr that they won against them. I dont know if that's possible, but, i'm just saying.
awesome change
Well done blizzard.