Arena Exploitation and Win Trading - Updated

Arenas
Prev 1 3 4 5 23 Next
no mmr reset . permaban exploiters
Providing an environment where players can compete in the spirit of fair play is extremely important to us, particularly in rated Player versus Player combat. As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings, “dodge” unfavorable team compositions, and engage in win trading.

These, and all, exploitative activities are absolutely prohibited. We will investigate the situation carefully, and players that have been found to have participated in exploitation will be subject to the appropriate actions against their World of Warcraft accounts. In the meantime, we are currently working to resolve any remaining issues with the queue system to prevent this behavior in the future.

so what do you intend to do about the newly inflated mmr. many peopels alts were used for feed teams and will inflate the ladder any time they step into arena. many people have 2500-3k mmr that were 1900-2k before. ratings have dramatically gone up and if there isnt a fullscale wipe and mmr reset, it will be s10 all over again where the camping player gets the best reward. the person who exploited the hardest and has the most feed teams will be able to get back to 3k easy enough.
mmr/ladder reset in the middle of the season? you want another s10 again?
They have to come out with an actual "fix" this time imo. Hopefully its not some stupid BS like making T2 weapons unavailable. That really didn't stop people last time during S9, and it wont this time.
As part of that commitment we regularly monitor gameplay, and have discovered an issue where some Arena teams have exploited the queuing system to obtain high team ratings,

What makes me disappointed about this, and suspect that nothing spectacular will happen is this. They just "discovered" something that all serious pvpers have been aware of for a long time.
Fix the bug.
Permaban the exploiters.
The end.
11/13/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Watchmeblink
so what do you intend to do about the newly inflated mmr. many peopels alts were used for feed teams and will inflate the ladder any time they step into arena. many people have 2500-3k mmr that were 1900-2k before. ratings have dramatically gone up and if there isnt a fullscale wipe and mmr reset, it will be s10 all over again where the camping player gets the best reward. the person who exploited the hardest and has the most feed teams will be able to get back to 3k easy enough.

I agree that they are only dealing with half the issue at the moment. I hope they realize that the ladder is not playable and it needs to be fixed as well.
11/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Melubyou

Would you rather have undeserving players be awarded rare titles, mounts and achievements?
Fix it and reset everything. If mmr doesn't get reset, exploiters will just be rewarded for exploiting.
11/13/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Silx
They just "discovered" something that all serious pvpers have been aware of for a long time.

"If the info is widely available on fansites, chances are we've heard it too." - Ghostcrawler.

They knew about it from the start. Don't be silly.
Fix the bug.
Permaban the exploiters.
The end.

This. It's good that it's finally being acknowledged.
11/13/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Melubyou

There was no ladder or mmr reset in s10.

They did however change how the mmr system worked mid season, which is totally different.

Educate before posting xoxo.
No one else the "we monitor" part was funny? Maybe just be. Meh blog does not really give any info as far as what will happen. Oh well.
You need to permaban those people, its the only thing acceptable to me, i doubt that they reset ladders but in 5.1 they will inflate ladders like GC said in PvP blog so its not a big deal anyways
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/crushridge/5v5/tsgturtlepoop/

Ban please

lol @ the druid on that team 1750 2000 and 2200 achieve in the same night
Sir/Ma'am Blizzard, it's great that you're taking steps to rid of the exploiters(farmed the exploiters queuing). However, we now have legit teams sitting on 3k ratings, if ratings don't degrade though out the season without any play, these teams will end up with rank 1 titles.

I don't think the (legit)people who shot up to rank 1 should be punished, I do believe they should have a legit chance at losing their rating with some type of competition.

I'm guessing you won't respond, or if you do you'll tell us that you're looking into some type of "fix". Upgrading to higher ilvl's was a good start to keep people playing, but that is not a fix to this situation.

The community is crying out for a ladder reset, but you've shown that you have no interest in that. Please, PLEASE give us an answer as to how you're going to fix this. We are tired of repetitive issues like this, and not taking community input as an answer.

Since you do not listen to us, we're busy waiting to hear from you.

Thank you
Well not all the time, with the new cross realm zoning you could be on a non pvp server and get crossed into a pvp one plus the high lvl guards cant catch up to you more then half then time...get one shot then with all the new talents and pets and what not they can tank the guards while you run.