What should existing major characters do...

Story Forum
Prev 1 4 5 6
Honestly, Blizzard's storytelling is pretty extreme and inconsistent. Very comic-booky.

With that in mind, I have no problem giving Tyrande an "extreme" makeover like I did. Besides, I feel like WCIII Tyrande, who wasn't against telling Malfurion where to stick it when he got too haughty, wouldn't mind casting him aside for the good of her people.

But honestly, my big thing is making Malfurion pay for his crimes. If he gets to retire to a life of comfort and honor without ever realizing how badly he's hurt his people, that's almost as frustrating as the fact that Thrall's been able to do the same.

Still, permanently removing them from the story in a "and then they moved somewhere else and did other stuff and never bothered anyone again THE END" fashion is better than keeping them in unchanged, I will say that much.
11/16/2012 10:53 PMPosted by Jaelara
Very comic-booky.

There's a lot of comic books better written than what we've been getting lately.

Other than that, I absolutely agree with everything you said.
11/16/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Lorthuron
You're ignoring the fact Blizzard would NEVER ever suggest this. No I won't get off my *High Horse*. I would never suggest something like that.

Just about the only thing I got out of this was that you think yourself on par with Blizzard as far as writing / creativity goes... which is probably more of an insult then anything, so I'll gladly nod my head in agreement with this.

That aside, I said this awhile ago: I've not yet made a post in MoP which was me talking about anything I had any hope of Blizzard doing / speculated they might be doing. Every single one of my ideas are just desprate and far-fetched fantasies which are mostly based on what the characters should reasonably do if they weren't jerky stick-puppets that Metzen uses to act out his boyhood fantasies.
11/17/2012 12:48 PMPosted by Hallinton
You're ignoring the fact Blizzard would NEVER ever suggest this. No I won't get off my *High Horse*. I would never suggest something like that.

Just about the only thing I got out of this was that you think yourself on par with Blizzard as far as writing / creativity goes... which is probably more of an insult then anything, so I'll gladly nod my head in agreement with this.

That aside, I said this awhile ago: I've not yet made a post in MoP which was me talking about anything I had any hope of Blizzard doing / speculated they might be doing. Every single one of my ideas are just desprate and far-fetched fantasies which are mostly based on what the characters should reasonably do if they weren't jerky stick-puppets that Metzen uses to act out his boyhood fantasies.

I can get with Aggra dying but the child has to be born already. Even then it still feels bad to kill off aggra.
11/15/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Juibloc

Tyrande's too worried about tripping on her heels and getting her dress dirty. She looks like she was ripped out of Final Fantasy now, and that's not a compliment...

not really, some FF females are strong, independant, and willing to deal with harsh realities regardless of what men want/do.... not many but they do exist.

she is more like zelda from Orcarina of time. a BAMF but still i'll let link do all the work and then... yeah the game is over so who cares?

Final Fantasy characters almost always wear ridiculous outfits and are often just as powerful as their male counterparts, but that wasn't the issue with Tyrande. My problem was she LOOKS like a Final Fantasy character, which seems an odd choice considering her WC3 appearance. Her hair isn't even the same color anymore.

not really, some FF females are strong, independant, and willing to deal with harsh realities regardless of what men want/do.... not many but they do exist.

she is more like zelda from Orcarina of time. a BAMF but still i'll let link do all the work and then... yeah the game is over so who cares?

Final Fantasy characters almost always wear ridiculous outfits and are often just as powerful as their male counterparts, but that wasn't the issue with Tyrande. My problem was she LOOKS like a Final Fantasy character, which seems an odd choice considering her WC3 appearance. Her hair isn't even the same color anymore.

I didn't even mind Tyrande the way she looked before the update. That's just me though.