North-east Lordaeron /?

Story Forum
http://www.argentarchives.org/files/11radf5.jpg

with all the Old god talk, tirifals etc etc etc... talk , i seached for old maps of wow and found this thing...soo blizzard removed this part of the map or what ? and this dawnstrider harbor is the high-elf city where some of them got insane because of something or what?
this part of the map is still there

just inaccessible to players
Fan fiction.
Here is an actual old map from blizz (the one posted above is from fanfiction).

http://www.argentarchives.org/files/gallery_image/Lordaeronmap01.JPG
In-game, all that's ever been there is a shoreline and Stratholme.
11/16/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
In-game, all that's ever been there is a shoreline and Stratholme.

on the eastern kingdoms map it shows that there is a zone there

although you can't click on it

and you can't get to it

but it is in the game files as shown by this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEfYCPzOvrk
And the video shows that what's there is exactly what I said: a shoreline and Stratholme.
11/16/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
And the video shows that what's there is exactly what I said: a shoreline and Stratholme.

Yea but if you look at a map on the eastern kingdoms you can see the zone despite nothing being there in game. Similar to Gilneas before Cata.
That doesn't necessarily mean, though, that lorewise it's an actual zone. Just look at all those random "zones" that were scattered around the Eastern Kingdoms pre-Cataclysm. Most of them turned out to be either water or mountains. It's just an area of the map that isn't part of an existing zone.
Blizzard is fully willing to add land if necessary. Remember that New Avalon didn't come until WoTLK and Karasang Wilds in Pandaria was originally just a sub-region of the Valley of Four Winds.
11/16/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
That doesn't necessarily mean, though, that lorewise it's an actual zone. Just look at all those random "zones" that were scattered around the Eastern Kingdoms pre-Cataclysm. Most of them turned out to be either water or mountains. It's just an area of the map that isn't part of an existing zone.

They also made some of those zones much larger, such as Twilight Highlands.
11/16/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Vegdrasil
Most of them turned out to be either water or mountains. It's just an area of the map that isn't part of an existing zone.

most of them were also removed

all except that one were removed
Most of them turned out to be either water or mountains. It's just an area of the map that isn't part of an existing zone.

Maybe they are keeping it for that Whispering Forest thing. Or for Sylvanas' raid if there is one at some point.
11/16/2012 11:51 AMPosted by Dragonson

The difference being is that all those other not-zones were between two zones on the same world server.

Quel'thalas does not actually exist on the eastern kingdoms world server, but on the outland server.
The difference being is that all those other not-zones were between two zones on the same world server.

Quel'thalas does not actually exist on the eastern kingdoms world server, but on the outland server.

i hate to defy the almighty omacron

buuut

what does that have to do with anything?

that zone exists in at least some version of the game files and it is the only remaining "not-zone" on the eastern kingdoms map

i hate to defy the almighty omacron

buuut

what does that have to do with anything?

that zone exists in at least some version of the game files and it is the only remaining "not-zone" on the eastern kingdoms map

Because Quel'thalas doesn't exist. More importantly, the reason why Blizz fixed all those other zones was because in Cata you could now fly over them, while Quel'thalas can't be flown over so there's no reason to fix it. Unless Quel'thalas get added onto the Eastern Kingdoms like a jigsaw piece there's no reason to fix it. Conservation of resources.
The thing is though that the mountains between Hearthglen and Eastern Plaguelands can't be flown over either. And that's not the edge of Ghostlands anymore, but the map does show there being land there.

So, it's entirely plausible (and I would say, even likely), that Blizzard is going to use that land at some point. For what? I guess we'll have to see. It could either be part of Lordaeron, or Quel'thalas.... or maybe both?

Because Quel'thalas doesn't exist.

...yes it does.
Quel'thalas is Ghostlands, Eversong Woods and Isle of Quel'Danas.

Just like all the other kingdoms in the lore have been split up into multiple zones in the game but still exist.
11/17/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Crayauchtin
yes it does.

It exists on the BC server not the same server as the rest of the EK.
11/17/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Tevinter
yes it does.

It exists on the BC server not the same server as the rest of the EK.

Uhm, yes. But that's still "existing".