A note

Ravenholdt
Hey, guys. Naunet here. :)

I never thought I would be writing one of these, and so I'm going to assure myself that no, this is not a good bye thread. This is simply an "I'll be seeing ya'll later" thread. To that end, I'll keep this short.

Life and my own mind have not been kind to me for a long while. WoW has always been a place where I could feel, if not important, then at least as if I have accomplished something. I've spent the past several months struggling with depression, and it's reached a point where WoW is only compounding my own internal problems. Anyway, I won't bore you with all that silly emotional stuff, though I have to thank both Zasaramel and Atrusa for being there with an open ear and an open mind. You two have no idea how much that means to me.

Anyway, I've thus come to the extremely difficult decision that I need to step away for a while. I will be back, though. Hopefully once I can get past the essay and oral exams I need to take to finally graduate with my Masters degree, I'll feel ready to take on the unique stresses this game entails. That's why I say this isn't a good bye thread.

To those Outriders who remain - I'm sorry to leave you like this. To them and everyone else I have roleplayed with, know that I will remain active on the Sanctum and continue fulfilling my responsibilities there, even after I cancel my subscription to the game itself. I could never completely give up the rich RP environment on this server.

I spoke with my raiders the other night, but to any other members of Ambition who weren't around at the time, I will understand your annoyance, but I will hope for your understanding. I will not leave until I am certain that the guild is in good hands and that the raid slots left by Twinflame and I's departure are filled. If anyone knows or is a tank and/or a dps who would like a raiding spot, please contact myself, Atrusa, or ßrent in-game. Also, I apologize again to my raiders for crying in vent like that. ;p I hope it wasn't too embarrassing for you all. Atrusa and ßrent will be leading the guild in my absence, so while I'm gone, please direct any concerns, questions, or comments you may have regarding the guild or its members to them. I trust them and know they will do an excellent job.

I know there are folks who're gonna go "Anti-who?", some who will cheer my departure, and some who will miss me. I'll miss every single one of you. Yep, even the trolls!

The next week or so I'm going to do my best to make sure those who want to keep in touch with me outside of the game have any necessary information - though, please, help me so I don't accidentally forget anyone. Anyone is also welcome to contact me via Sanctum PM (either message Naunet or Antimony - I'll get it regardless) at any time.

I'll be seeing you guys again in six months. Keep the lights on for me!

-Nau

[edit] I guess I failed to keep it short. I did do my best to not be too sappy though. :S
/salute
Wish ya well and look forward to your return.
I've always seen you as a positive force around here. Take care of yourself, and hope to see you soon.
Naunet,

Threads like these crop up from time to time. While we're sad to see our wonderful community shrink by a couple of people, we're more than understanding of the importance of real life and taking care of yourself. And we support you in that decision. I'm sorry to hear that you've been struggling with so much lately. While we wish that WoW could always be that nice escape or the stress-reducer that a video game is supposed to be, sometimes that is not the case. I'm sure that it's not easy to step away for a bit, but you know that we'll all still be around, in one way or another, when you return. For what it's worth, if this game was adding to your struggles then I support your decision to step back. Take some time to yourself, focus on what is important, and get through this next step in your life.

It's been a pleasure getting to know both you and Twinflame over the past few years. I've thoroughly enjoyed working with you on the Sanctum and seeing you in-game at our cross-faction events. I value the insight that you bring - not just to moderation matters, but insight relating to the game, to life, or to kittens. I'm pleased to know that you'll continue your duties on the Sanctum (so that we can keep you around <3). So this post, like yours, isn't a goodbye post =) It's a *Hug* and a "I look forward to you coming back to the game" post.

I'm wishing you all the best and sending good thoughts your way tonight.
We'll miss you, Nau, but will also hope to be in touch while you get your life settled. Definitely looking forward to yours and Twin's return. <3
Thanks, ya'll. I love every one of you, and I'll definitely stay in touch. I'm lucky to have Twin to kick my butt when I need it, and he certainly won't let me seclude myself from everyone forever!

<3s
11/15/2012 07:40 PMPosted by Starien
I've always seen you as a positive force around here. Take care of yourself, and hope to see you soon.

It's not that I don't wanna say something original, it's just that Starien covered it perfectly.
Anti-who?

....Couldn't resist. Best of luck to you, though. Blessed be.
11/16/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Omnilock

It's not that I don't wanna say something original, it's just that Starien covered it perfectly.

Pretty much this.

Naunet you have always been around, always giving wonderful advice, always with a helpful wonderful heart. I fought with my own battles of depression during my days in high school, I know how it can be sometimes. There is always someone there though. Taking a step back from things, for me at least, did some good.

Good luck, it can be beaten.
I think that comes as close to encouragement as we can expect from Drax.
I appreciate it. ;)
11/16/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Stormreavér
I think that comes as close to encouragement as we can expect from Drax.

She's already gotten through seven and a half years of college, I didn't think the standard spiel about good luck at school, etc applied.

Just don't fail your exams and you're golden.
Don't wipe irl. The spirit ghost rez is bugged.

Goodluck
I will certainly miss your presence, and look forward to your return. The grad grind is intense but I tend to think it is worthwhile, and worth enjoying so much as you can. I'm sorry to hear life's been rough of late, but my good thoughts are with you.

Many, many hugs being sent from over here. Be well!