[blue please read] Cata pvp vends STILL gone!

Bug Report
if this was intentional, i am really really really frustrated, why on earth would you remove level 85 pvp gear, idont care if you guys add them back in with 370 version if that's the reason, can you please put them back? at least just the honor ones, i pvp level so much, and having no option to have pvp gear in the 85-89 tier just pisses me off.

i really really don't understand wtf is going on, this has been reported in over 50 threads i can find, and you guys just conveniently ignore every post, im bumping this all day every day for the next week. PLEASE FIX THIS or give us a valid reason why we cant get any honor pvp gear at level 85.

Seriously, it would take a SINGLE dev less than 5 minutes to add the vendor back in.
if this was intentional, i am really really really frustrated, why on earth would you remove level 85 pvp gear, idont care if you guys add them back in with 370 version if that's the reason, can you please put them back? at least just the honor ones, i pvp level so much, and having no option to have pvp gear in the 85-89 tier just pisses me off.

i really really don't understand wtf is going on, this has been reported in over 50 threads i can find, and you guys just conveniently ignore every post, im bumping this all day every day for the next week. PLEASE FIX THIS or give us a valid reason why we cant get any honor pvp gear at level 85.

Seriously, it would take a SINGLE dev less than 5 minutes to add the vendor back in.

I'm astounded that blizzard hasn't hired you yet, considered all this background in coding knowledge that you appear to have provided.

The fact that you mention in this thread that you've seen how many other threads reporting the same "issue" (if you can even call it one) just shows that you didn't even read the bug forum guidelines.

When reporting a bug, we would like you to take the time and search the forum to see if your issue is already reported. While we won't delete duplicate reports, it will save us time if you know the issue is already posted and do not repost it.
You're assuming they didn't remove them on purpose. If it was that easy to put them back in, there may have been a reason they didn't.
Palm - i am trying to get confirmation if they did or did not remove it intentionally, and a reason why. - if they did it intetnionally they could easily just close this thread and sure enough question answered, if they didn't then this is a bug report :)

and Briyan, funny you should say that, npc ids and corresponding items they sell are stored in a (sql IIRC) database, and when removed from the actual game, the data isn't lost. its not a big coding to do to put a vendor back in, especially one that most likely has bookmarked coordinates and the items still saved in its corresponding table.

i have no idea why they would INTENTIONALLY remove pvp gear for 85, while leaving 60, 70, 80, and 90 alone.

when wrath came out they didnt remove guardian/brutal gear, and same when cata came out they didnt remove wrathful.

it was never in any patchnotes so i am assuming it is a bug, and furthermore, i have seen multiple posts in BG and GENERAL chat, not bug reports.
bamp
bamp
The gear's sold in Dalaran. It's called wowhead. It helps, A lot.

Edit: Well at least vicious is. It's from the goblin in the sewers labeled "Legacy armor Vendor"
Others may be missing but it's not a bug, an oversight maybe, but this isn't the place for it.
Yes it is a bug if an npc isn't where it should be, like quest npcs not existing, that is a bug. until i am told otherwise by a GM it is a bug, since it was not announced in patch notes.

thanks for the tip on vicious btw good to know.
They were removed because the content was no longer relevant. Not accidently.
11/19/2012 06:08 AMPosted by Nightbaen
They were removed because the content was no longer relevant. Not accidently.

then remove every single honor gear vendor from 1-89 pls.

sense, that statement made absolutely none.

every single prior expansion kept its gear status quo, including vanilla, how blind can you be... relevance.. is relative, i'd say getting pvp gear at the max level before a spike in scaling stat ratios (70 vs 81, 80 vs 81, 85 vs 86 etc.) is a very important thing. if its not "relevant" then level 60, 70, and 80 pvp gear shouldn't exist.

truth is its more principle of the matter than anything anymore, im at 10 90s and i only have one more toon to level through 85 lol
I feel your pain! I went looking for those vendors myself. I had heard they were moved to SERPENTS SPINE. So I took my level 85 hunter on a personal quest. Find a way on top of that damned wall! And I did!

I ended up on the mountains just east of the wall. Used my Rocket Boosts and parachute cloak to make my way onto the wall. It was an epic adventure. You had to be there, really, it was epic.

I found them and was sorely disappointed. They only carried the level 90 gear, no 85 gear, TT.

While mourning the loss I had an epiphany. I could be wrong about this, but here's why I think they didnt bother with the level 85 vendors.

The gear you can get on the AH, the GREENS and BLUE MoP drops that are available to use as early as level 80 (I have an ilevel 409 gun waiting for one of my hunters to hit 80, as well as a few more pieces of MoP gear from 80-85 that have dropped off mobs i have killed).

This gear, especially the level 85 MoP gear, is so far ahead of the level 85 honor gear that there is no reason to use the honor gear other than looks.

That being said, it was pretty much the same for all previous gear in new expansions as well. The new gear, available to lower levels than the expansion its from, just blew the old gear away. For instance, the Cataclysm gear available as early as level 77. I had my main so decked out by level 79 in Cataclysm GREEN gear, that he was geared better than all Wrath PURPLE gear at level 80.

So maybe the the fact (assuming i'm correct about the gear stats blowing the old stuff out of the water is correct) that the old gear was just irrelevant, maybe Blizzard decided, "why bother?"

But why the decision to break tradition? We have vendors all over the place with 60/70/80 PvP gear. Why ignore the 85s? I have heard that Blizzard is putting a vendor in somewhere with it. Like the Area 52 vendors. Probably going to be in Gadget from what I heard.
Go to Dalaran and get vicious if you want PvP gear so bad.

This gear, especially the level 85 MoP gear, is so far ahead of the level 85 honor gear that there is no reason to use the honor gear other than looks.

Not true, see originally i thought that decking my toons in i400~gear would be better in pvp than using the 390 pvp gear that i had, but when pvping on my mage and priest (two chars who are still decked in full pvp gear) i noticed i had WAY more survivability, while having less health, and did more damage, i was obliterating other mages who had like 200k+ health while i had 150k lol

and storm you're missing the point, vicious is even weaker, and in that case blood is correct, vicious is worthless.