Can we trust Wrathion?

Story Forum
Hey fellow lore junkys. Im making this thread because my trust with this man has run thin. Im not completely certain on the details but some wowinsider posts iv read states that the water in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms has remnants of the Well of Eternity in it. Now this new campaign of Pandaria leaves me wondering if while were all killing each other. If the black prince will just walk right in and steal some of the powers from the Waters. Hence making himself a god. I dono its a theory iv come up with. Maybe you guys could give me more information to support or refute my claim.
Based on what Blizzard has stated, we know that Wrathion believes he is acting in the best interests of Azeroth, but it might not be in the factions' best interests.

He knows the Horde/Alliance conflict puts Azeroth at grave risk as long as there are cosmic forces coming to destroy us. Exactly how he intends to put an end to the conflict is going to be the sticking point here.

As for the waters of the Vale, as far as I am aware there is no explicit connection between them and the waters of the Well of Eternity. They have similar properties, but them being one and the same is to my knowledge speculation at this point.
Do I trust him? Not as far as I can throw him. Will I work with him? Hell yes, I wanna see what kind of shenanigans he gets up to!
I hope we eventually get to kill him. Only good dragon is a dead one.
Trust? This is a transactional relationship. Strictly business.
I trust Wrathion only a little more than I trust Victor Nefarius, Lady Katrana Prestor, and her father Lord Davil Prestor

But I will admit, he knows how to order a fine good dry martini
Hell I always wanna be the bad guy.

Ill follow a black dragon anywhere as long as he pays me. Straight out merc
Hell I always wanna be the bad guy.

Ill follow a black dragon anywhere as long as he pays me. Straight out merc

Shameless Horde cretin!
Nar I don't trust him but i believe he is trying to save the world only he's gonna do it HIS way and HIS way might not be the way the Horde or Alliance agree with. I'm fully expecting him to stab us in the back if he think it'll help save Azeroth.
11/19/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Mathogg
Nar I don't trust him but i believe he is trying to save the world only he's gonna do it HIS way and HIS way might not be the way the Horde or Alliance agree with. I'm fully expecting him to stab us in the back if he think it'll help save Azeroth.

He already is. He tells you that he supports your faction, and I consider that he has champions on both sides. Come 5.1, he will pit his champions against each others. If I had to guess from the third achievement of the series, I presume that he may either have a face-off with Anduin (if Anduin calls him on his tactics), or a collaboration with him (If Anduin ends up agreeing with Wrathion's tactics).
11/19/2012 10:22 PMPosted by Mathogg

I think it's equally possible that the Horde and Alliance (and the players) will stab him in the back for being "too extreme".

Even if his methods would be super effective against the Legion/Old Gods.
11/19/2012 10:41 PMPosted by Resileaf
He already is. He tells you that he supports your faction, and I consider that he has champions on both sides. Come 5.1, he will pit his champions against each others. If I had to guess from the third achievement of the series, I presume that he may either have a face-off with Anduin (if Anduin calls him on his tactics), or a collaboration with him (If Anduin ends up agreeing with Wrathion's tactics).

Anduin is far too naive and optimistic though. He may be a good moral beacon, but as a true leader he's far from being one.
We can't trust him any farther than we can throw him - we all know he's going to sit back and play soldiers with both the Horde and Alliance forces and just watch the resulting war with amusement and condescension, probably all while tapping both sides for money for things like weaponry and necessary materials. He seems more like a true dragon than the other Dragonflights are - he's manipulative, shrewd, not afraid to get his hands dirty (or bloody), calculating, with a definite love of the finer things in life.
Of course we can trust him, because he's untrust worthy. You see because he is untrust worthy we can therefore trust that he will be untrust worthy. And since he will act in an untrust worthy manner we absolutely trust him in his untrust worthiness.

Understand? :)
I was hoping to apply to be his "Left Foot" seeing as how he already has a "Left Hand" and "Right Hand."
He is a guy who we can trust to try to get the problem his way. We can trust we won't like it all, but we can trust him to try to get the job done.
We haf to work with him, cuz he may be able to seriously damage the legion and old gods if they come back. Is it certain this will happen? Not to my information but still he said he supported our factions, for now that is good enough.
He is not the one we want to trust but he is the one we need to trust?
[raspy voice] He's not the dragon we need, he's the dragon we deseeeeeerve. [/raspy voice]
He's very cynical. Not trustworthy at all.