8th anniversary... Seriously?

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
This can only mean one thing...Blizzard is a bot!

It all makes sense now...
This can only mean one thing...Blizzard is a bot!

It all makes sense now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk
ARRGGG, I cant stand it.

You people riding the MVP's jock, are just a bunch of envious goons...

Me thinks that you are greener than the mvp!

I especially like how it's the same posters in each thread ripping on her.
ARRGGG, I cant stand it.

You people riding the MVP's jock, are just a bunch of envious goons...

Me thinks that you are greener than the mvp!

I especially like how it's the same posters in each thread ripping on her.

Yeah, somehow I highly doubt that.
This is not the sort of behavior I would honestly expect from an MVP, Snowfox.

I call em like I see em.

And this is MVP behavior nowadays??? LOL!!!!
11/19/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Seraphimilim
Yeah, somehow I highly doubt that.

It is. I recognize many of the faces from other threads.
11/19/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Snowfox
Are you saying I should or shouldn't act like you?

Snowfox....please try to understand.

Okay, here....I'm sorry I was so harsh and made you feel as though I was attacking you. In the end, I am often offended at the things you say to people and the rude way in which I perceive that you treat them. I am not the only one, people had reported your posts before I'd even seen them half the time. Our quick reactions to you are the result of the attitude we see you display towards the general player base.

You look at so much of us with disgust and disdain and you make it seem like you have no real interest in helping us any longer. The MVP program is about being helpful and adding value to the forums. MVP stands for Most Valuable Poster. I've never had a problem with the green texts until you, and I don't mean that as an offense. It is just not something I can help and I'm not going to lie to you. Perhaps I was too harsh, perhaps a lot of us, some of us are sorry....some of us have no problems with you at all other than the occasional rude post....but none of us have ever been nominated for MVP as far as we know and most of us have never even been offered green text.

We are just trying to ask you, perhaps in the wrong way, to please make sure your posts are constructive and helpful. That's it. We might be doing it totally wrong, and for that I am sorry because obviously we aren't helping the situation. It's just that many of your posts are rude, belittling, or off topic and you try to defend them when people point that out to you. I've never seen you say sorry to anyone.

There was a thread you posted in once where you COMPLETELY ignored the actual post written by the OP. You read the subject of the thread and thought they were complaining about not getting to see content, when that had nothing to do with their post. You didn't even check their character profile. You told them to do LFR if they wanted to see content. Had you looked at their character or read their post you would have been more informed, they had downed Heroic Deathwing many times by that point. When the fact that you ignored the entire post was pointed out to you......you basically said that the post did not grab your interest and it was the posters fault for not making it interesting. Instead of owning up to the mistake and saying "Sorry OP, I'll read the post before responding next time." you blamed them for the fact that you did not follow forum etiquette. No one wants to be responded to if the person responding isn't even reading the actual post.

In this thread you insulted the OP by posting a meme and then said it was on topic when it wasn't...and I was not the only person who responded to the meme either, so claiming that I derailed the thread is simply not true. You derailed the thread by posting the meme and then tried to blame many of us for reacting to that. We just feel like you should own your mistakes instead of pushing them off on others. No one minds the fact that you're a green, we just want you to act like you appreciate your status a little more. Some of us feel like you abuse your status.

We're not all trying to cause this huge drama and pick on you, and some of us are sorry that things escalated to this point.

We're not all trying to cause this huge drama and pick on you, and some of us are sorry that things escalated to this point.

Amber, honestly - I just don't believe you. From the first page you've been doing nothing but attacking me, even if you claim not to be. Page after page you've just gone on and on about it. I leave the thread for a while, you keep doing it. I don't reply to you, you keep making the posts anyway.s You keep derailing about it, you keep escalating it, you keep acting like you aren't the driving force behind it - that it "just happened", but it's you - you are the one choosing to keep escalating it.

Why? Why do you do that then pretend you aren't? I don't get it.
11/19/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Daxxarri
but still nothing about the awkward mail we received.

That was indeed a bug, and it does not appear that it can be hotfixed.

Suffice it to say that we're not happy about that, but we are happy that you guys have all joined us for the 8th Anniversary of World of Warcraft. If you haven't already, please check out the video we created to commemorate the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqBkUqOMacA&feature=youtu.be

Colour me skeptical, but did nobody look at this letter before it was sent...?
You aren't entitled to anything.

This community is so spoiled. It needs to be taken out back and lashed with 50 deep breaths.
11/19/2012 03:21 AMPosted by Caseyjones
@Sherbear I like how you even put the word gift in parenthesis, as if you know the gift was worthless crap but can't admit it up front. Do you actually read what you write before you post it? Hell yes we deserve to be given a letter that doesn't disappoint the fanbase by being obvious laziness on blizzard's part, who most of us give 100$$$$ of dollars a year to play a buggy, uninspired after thought of an expansion. Blizz needs to get it together, and you need to stop trolling my posts. /bow

I'm pretty sure I never stated my feelings on the gift. I found it to be satisfactory and I put it to good use. Sorry you found it unsatisfactory and felt the need to not only bash, belittle and insult other posters but also wasted bandwidth crying about something as inconsequential as an anniversary present. If pointing out how inane and trifling your post was is trolling, so be it.

Do you get upset when your parents don't get you anything for their anniversary? Why not? You've given them many cheerful years of life and probably have done a million chores for them. Don't they owe it to you? Notice how stupid this sounds?

The letter was funny, I'll give you that. I'm more inclined to believe someone mailed the wrong letter, rather than purposely recycling it.
11/18/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Snowfox
I call em like I see em.

Have my babies Snow.
i personally don't care about getting anything from wow anymore. but i can see other peoples point. we paid to keep their company going collectively by buying games and game time over the years. we've been paying for this game for 8 years now some of us. Most companies do reward long time customers, b/c they appreciate your business and like to let you know that. .it's not the player base that created this idea, other businesses in the real world did. Not many companies don't offer incentives these days b/c they want your business. there is a obvious lack of this ideology in blizzard now.
It's the players who paid for this game, putting millions of dollar of revenue into it each year.
Is it really so unreasonable to expect a little something once a year for continuing to support this game? Is it gonna break the game to do it? will it hurt you naysayers to receive something fun and unique in the mail that will still be in your bag after xmas?
i can understand even if i only got what i expected, but then that is also part of the problem now. much of the player base WANTS more from blizzard, but we've come to EXPECT less.
personally i work for what i want in game and outside of that i don't care but i like to open my mind enough to see other ppls points, so there it is.

I have really come to find arguments like this rather petty and from people who feel they are entitled to something when their really not. Many of the points made here are ill formed as well. First how you can you say Blizzard does not reward it's customer's when they had the loyalty program which rewarded players with a free video game, Diablo 3? Is a free game not enough? Not to mention the beta access to Mist or the free Mount.

Now Blizzard doesn't have to do anything around World of WarCraft's Anniversary. This is the reality of it. You want to whine and QQ about business practices and loyalty rewards and say Blizzard needs to do more but if I applied the argument to say shopping at Walmart, I wouldn't get anything for being a loyal customer there. GameStop? Oh there i get points and can get useless cheap stuff that's not even fit for a dollar store. Netflix? In fact I had a subscription with them when they raised their rates and did it without telling the customer why. I was a loyal customer but I was pretty much told to f off. The difference with Blizzard is we continue to see rather good game content being made (regardless of how that content is accessed). So no not all business's reward those with loyalty programs and others still do it as a gimmick to get people to spend money in their store.

Again Blizzard doesn't need to to do this at all. They don't need to listen to players and they sure as h)7l don't need to provide any bonuses to the game. The fact that they do it is one that shows they actually care about the customer. I subscribed to the remote AH for one month, ONE MONTH, and they sent me a pet when the app went free. They didn't say, oh sorry but you didn't subscribed for set amount of time. What they did was treat all the paying customers the same.

So think about this while you are complaining about a rep and exp buff, 1: It's better then nothing 2: If we kept getting a pet every year it cheapens the pets we got before and becomes something everyone expects 3: Blizzard doesn't have to do anything which is outside of the services they offered. But with all the experiences I have had in customer service jobs and as a customer Blizzard has done pretty good. I'm not saying their the best but I am saying their up there.
Colour me skeptical, but did nobody look at this letter before it was sent...?

Accidents happen. /shrug
Blue post.....obviously you are not 'upset' about this or it would have been corrected. You obviously are not at all bothered whether players show up to join in on the Anniversary mark, or Blizzard would have responded in a more appropriate manner.

Try sending the same Valentine Card to your honey for a few years in a row and see how much sugar your honey gives you...NONE is what you'd get.
11/19/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Snowfox
Why? Why do you do that then pretend you aren't? I don't get it.

You are purposefully misunderstanding me at this point. You know you are too. I did not attack you and you know I didn't. If you actually read my words you can clearly see I was referring to the posts you were leaving, not you. Disagreeing with you and pointing out that disagreement is NOT an attack. I really wish you would stop saying that because it's just a lie and you know it is. You are using logical fallacies to prove your point.

Some of the people defending you are even trying to claim that all I do is pick on MVP's when this is the first time I've ever done anything like this....ever. Even you are acting like there is no merit to my words when there are tons of people who have agreed with me and backed me up the entire time.

You are the driving force behind it and you know you are. The description of the MVP program even states that the reason you are given green text is so that your posts will stand out from others. If you know that your posts stand out from others, why would you post off topic memes that insult the players? That is, by the definition of the CoC, trolling. It very specifically states that. The meme you posted has nothing to do with World of Warcraft and was entirely meant to be an insult to the OP of this thread, I was offended by your behavior and so where other people.

I'm sorry you cannot seem to understand that.

Edit: I know that the last thing I posted was a TLDR, but you didn't read all of it and you made it obvious that you didn't. You looked at my apology and called me a liar too. It's really sad that you cannot even play nice when I'm trying to. It's like you WANT to play the victim, you WANT to be attacked, you WANT people to be angry at you. I'm trying to say sorry for coming off the way I did but I stand behind my opinion....and you call me a liar.
Blue post.....obviously you are not 'upset' about this or it would have been corrected. You obviously are not at all bothered whether players show up to join in on the Anniversary mark, or Blizzard would have responded in a more appropriate manner.

Try sending the same Valentine Card to your honey for a few years in a row and see how much sugar your honey gives you...NONE is what you'd get.

mmmm...pure entitlement.
so delicious