Change to PvP power will affect Disc

Priest
So, seemed that we finally would get our focused will back and with all things at same state we could once more rise from the ashes. But, with the new PvP power system we are going to lose our only difference from holy priests that was a little bit more damage for offense.

The new PvP power system seems to be design to give more to heals or damage depending on each class spec. So, we as disc priests will going to have more on heals. Our damage that is already about 55% of a DPS class (maybe less) will be nerfed by default . So...less atonement heals. LOLOL Blizzard...you give us with a hand and take with the other.

Let´s see what will happen. I´m going to stop playing if something bad happen with my damage output . I know I´m one among millions..I know all the bs about "oh...I´m gonna stop playing this game if..." But...this is just my own truth that I´m sincerely exposing. I´m done with WoW if this madness about our class spec continue.

I don´t wanna play another spec...I just wanna play and have fun with my disc priest.
Dude seriously, atonement heals for basically nothing in PVP anyway, and in PVE that matters, PVP power doesn't take offense.

The real issue is our straight up damage will drop down to cata levels at this point, down to like 7k smites.

The real issue is our straight up damage will drop down to cata levels at this point, down to like 7k smites.

Uhhh....don´t say it...oooo. Is not that exactly what I was saying???

You think that you are the last cookie in the package, right?

I play offensively with my disc priest right now in PvP. This change will hurt everyone that plays this style with Disc priest right now.
I feel bad for everyone that you were "healing". At least once you stop smiting and start healing, you'll be able to keep more people up.
11/19/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Siegheal
I feel bad for everyone that you were "healing". At least once you stop smiting and start healing, you'll be able to keep more people up.

You must be a noob if you pretend with the current state of Disc priest trying to match heals with ANY other healing class or spec out there (I´m TALKING ABOUT PVP - PvP power remember? I Think you only play PvE...go there kill your moppets). Instead of that, you should do what Blizzard wants with disc priests design right now...be an off-healer for pvp, is more like a support spec now than other thing. You can increase damage output for the team in some cases and heal in some cases too...but you will never do it like a shaman or a paladin. You can´t compete right now against paladins or shamans on pure heals. You should know that and stop saying bs to me.

So...if you want...make your disc and try to out-heal IN PVP a good player on any other spec. Good luck with that.

I bet my pants that you are using Holy for PvP. (I´m right. Your glyphs for Holy say it all)
Imo the whole change to pvp power is pretty meh if off healing is too powerful and can be spammed then raise the mana cost for non healers.

I think the whole QQ about offhealing is coming from S.Priest using flash heal to put out large numbers and being able to do it with worrying about mana (well at least for a minute or so).
So instead of nerfing things like renew/Pom which are nothing special (renewing is ticking for 10k and PoM for 25k) just nerf flash heal for shadow priest by either raising the mana cost or reducing the amount healed.
11/19/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Mahadev
Uhhh....don´t say it...oooo. Is not that exactly what I was saying???

You mentioned less atonement heals.

What does this even mean?

What does this even mean?[/quote]

That precious one.