Question about Recruit a Friend.

Customer Support
So my friend and I were going to do recruit a friend, we were wondering if he needs to create a completely separate battle.net account under his name or if he would be able to use an extra free profile under his main account? Once leveled he's going to transfer his toon to his main account.

EDIT: Also, back when the battlechest was on sale I bought a copy thinking I could give the key to a friend at some point but apparently I upgraded an existing account of mine. I haven't logged into it, would it be possible to call blizzard and have them change it from an active account to a key I could give out?
He'll want to create the account under his current Battle.net account if he wants to be able to transfer the toon(s) over from it. You can have up to 8 wow accounts on one Battle.net account.

11/19/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Grunkoth
I haven't logged into it, would it be possible to call blizzard and have them change it from an active account to a key I could give out?

You would have to speak with Billing to find out, but I would imagine that they wouldn't be able to do that for you unfortunately :(
He'll want to create the account under his current Battle.net account if he wants to be able to transfer the toon(s) over from it. You can have up to 8 wow accounts on one Battle.net account.

Thanks! I just wasn't sure how RAF worked in this regard, I guess when I send it he'll be able to pick the new one.

11/19/2012 06:38 PMPosted by Perl
You would have to speak with Billing to find out, but I would imagine that they wouldn't be able to do that for you unfortunately :(

Thanks! Yeah it seemed like a pretty tall order, but I'll call them tomorrow though to see if it'd be possible.
Just to be clear, when you send it, he'll need to use the link in the RaF email to create a new account. He won't be able to use an existing account for it at all. If he does, it'll cause some issues that you'll need to contact Billing (again) to resolve ;)

Here's the FAQ for it:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-procedure
If anyone would like to be recruited please email me.
[Removed]
If anyone would like to be recruited please email me.
- <removed>
First off, edit out your email address. That is a good way to start getting spammed for many things as web spiders scour forums all over to get peoples information. Second, this is NOT the right place to advertise the fact you want to recruit others.
11/21/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Flatspriest
That is a good way to start getting spammed for many things as web spiders scour forums all over to get peoples information.

Indeed.

As we do not have an official forum for seeking RaF partners, and this certainly isn't one, I'm going to lock this thread.