Mages.

Arenas
Should be next in line.

Starting with remove glyph of fire blast. (Look at my armory if you're wondering what the glyph does)
As well as another shatter nerf. 2.5 crit times is just insane.
shatters are fine, but i agree the fire blast shouldnt exist... especially sicne they can frostbomb every 9 seconds it's not hard to cc a healer for 4 seconds until it blows
Fire blast glyph effect (at least for frost bomb) is ludicrous. I'm sure i don't need to regurgitate all the numbers being thrown around, the evidence in the tourney, etc.

We all know it's overpowered. Just a question of why can't blizzard admit they made a mistake. And please fix it.
The detonate effect of frost bomb on a 9 sec CD is way OP. The Glyph itself is fine but should be limited to fire damage to reduce this exploit.
11/19/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Simple
They just need to make frostbolt stronger and tone down frostbomb and icelance

Every sane person, including mages, have been asking for this for so long, but still nothing.
Nerf pls
Jesus the OP is an idiot. Just because you have an alt mage doesn't mean you know anything about how the class works or how your own class works. Being some downs challenger kid does not qualify you to make an opinion. Uninstalling the game wouldn't really fix the problem but at least stop posting on our forums with your worthless opinions that are simply put, wrong.

Frost DPS is COMPLETELY based around frost bomb in PvP. Think frost mages are OP? Try watching one who can't use it.
- Every healer at the tourny was actually smart and dispelled the bomb completely taking mage DPS out of it
- The bomb takes an INCREDIBLE amount of time in 5.1 to go off. It's almost a full duration of poly. In arena that's big for an ability that literally constitutes most of your damage an all of your burst
- Glyphing this takes away valuable other glyphs that could help you and it doesn't do anything except actually make frost bomb DO its damage
- Damage outside of the target being frozen is not strong or scary
- At your pathetic 1620 rating people might not know how to dispell it but once you're playing at duelist/glad levels they will.

Please leave our forums in peace. If you'd made a post this stupid about any other class's mechanics I'd have been equally harsh to you.

my soul reaper takes 5 seconds to go off, it can be dispelled, its melee range requirement and it also requires my target to be below 35% you do not see me asking for instant soul reaper proc glyph do you?

You will take more skill to do a proper shatter. Fire blast glyph has to go so mouth breathing carry buying mages like you should not even get 1900.

PS stop calling people idiots. You play mage and still not 2.2k
i dont understand why its so hard to get a frost bomb shatter off without the glyph.
no decent mage uses that glyph.
11/19/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Bizznizz
why can't blizzard admit they made a mistake
I don't understand what you mean by next. Are you saying there's someone who deserves it in front of them, or something?
A skilled frost mage can get around glyph of fire blast by timing his dps. frost bomb, frost bolt (maybe 2?), deep freeze, continue...

and Sader, frieking out on him isn't really the right thing to do. maybe he is a new player or something and yeah i dont like the changes either but it wont affect me quite as much because i choose glyph of fire blast so i can control my dps more. maybe im wrong but the only nerf for someone using glyph of fireblast would be the DF time reduction? (this not dealing with dispels and only directly with timing)
11/20/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Kitez
i dont understand why its so hard to get a frost bomb shatter off without the glyph.
In a deep its easy to get off iff the target isn't dr'd with stuns in any way. The glyph allows you to get the bomb off reliably during roots, or when the target has a stun dr on him during deep.

11/19/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Bizznizz
They just need to make frostbolt stronger and tone down frostbomb and icelance

Every sane person, including mages, have been asking for this for so long, but still nothing.
Yes, a thousand times yes. The mage community as a whole would really prefer this. I'd much rather have my traditional shatter combos mean more again than revolving my play entirely around frostbomb and having everything outside of it be worthless.
11/20/2012 11:03 AMPosted by Adroite
no decent mage uses that glyph.
It isn't mandatory, but its really one of the best glyph choices we have.
11/20/2012 11:53 AMPosted by Glacial
and Sader, frieking out on him isn't really the right thing to do. maybe he is a new player or something and yeah i dont like the changes either but it wont affect me quite as much because i choose glyph of fire blast so i can control my dps more. maybe im wrong but the only nerf for someone using glyph of fireblast would be the DF time reduction? (this not dealing with dispels and only directly with timing)
^^This

Overall, the nerfs coming in 5.1 are going to have an effect on mages, including burst capability. If you use fireblast to detonate the bomb inside of a deep, you're loosing burst compared to just timing the bomb to detonate on its own in the deep. The changes in 5.1 lower the amount of globals we can throw into a deep by 1. So slight nerf there, and if we have to manually detonate the bomb it lowers burst further. These aren't heavy handed nerfs by any means, but they are nerfs.

Also, if the mage wants the full potential of his burst it means he'll be throwing frostbomb up and letting it tick for a few seconds before he lands the deep freeze. This gives opponents more time to react to the frostbomb and subsequent cds being popped than they used to have. Before it was, cc heals, frostbomb - straight into a deep- blow em up while healer still sits in a cc. Basically no, or little, warning whatsover. In 5.1 you'll have that warning.
Jesus the OP is an idiot. Just because you have an alt mage doesn't mean you know anything about how the class works or how your own class works. Being some downs challenger kid does not qualify you to make an opinion. Uninstalling the game wouldn't really fix the problem but at least stop posting on our forums with your worthless opinions that are simply put, wrong.

Frost DPS is COMPLETELY based around frost bomb in PvP. Think frost mages are OP? Try watching one who can't use it.
- Every healer at the tourny was actually smart and dispelled the bomb completely taking mage DPS out of it
- The bomb takes an INCREDIBLE amount of time in 5.1 to go off. It's almost a full duration of poly. In arena that's big for an ability that literally constitutes most of your damage an all of your burst
- Glyphing this takes away valuable other glyphs that could help you and it doesn't do anything except actually make frost bomb DO its damage
- Damage outside of the target being frozen is not strong or scary
- At your pathetic 1620 rating people might not know how to dispell it but once you're playing at duelist/glad levels they will.

Please leave our forums in peace. If you'd made a post this stupid about any other class's mechanics I'd have been equally harsh to you.

Aren't you that mage that claimed to be super skilled awhile back in one of the warrior threads and said you could roll over anyone? if thats the case then why are you so vehemently protecting this nonsense?