Terrace of Eternal Spring

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Okay so i know this week to get into the terrace you have to have some1 who has full cleared HoF.

But next week will terrace be open for everyone? I hope so.

Also how diffecult is Terrace compared to HoF/MSV? pref ilevel? (normal dif)

1 last question, I heard that the protecters "hard mode" isnt actually too hard?

Opinions? i would like to get some elite gear.
As far as I know you have to clear HoF before entering the Terrace of Endless Spring. Waiting a week will not change this. The raid finder version will be available next week though.

As for the other questions, no idea, I haven't been in there yet.
Okay so i know this week to get into the terrace you have to have some1 who has full cleared HoF.

But next week will terrace be open for everyone? I hope so.

You cannot get into Terrace at all without one person in raid who has Shek'zeer. That will be true for probably the entirety of the expansion.

Terrace itself is pretty much on par with the fights of HoF. The first three have a complexity level which is basically around the same as Zor'lok or Ta'yak. The DPS requirement ... if you can get Garalon, you should be fine meeting the DPS requirements for Terrace.

Kaolan first isn't very hard; if you can handle the other bosses you can easily handle Kaolan's mechanics/dps/healing requirements
honestly not sure why there is a gate, especially when the fights are arguably much easier/simpler than HoF.

but i'm not a dev so I dont decide these things

If you can't think of any logical reasons why WoW does some things a certain way, the answer is simple: Lore.

I don't know MoP lore, I don't care to learn MoP lore, but I'm betting that that ending HoF has some kind of lore-based transition into ToES.
I don't know MoP lore, I don't care to learn MoP lore, but I'm betting that that ending HoF has some kind of lore-based transition into ToES.

There is a certain element of "Come at me bro" involved, yes.
honestly not sure why there is a gate, especially when the fights are arguably much easier/simpler than HoF.

It's just a shot at bringing some sense of lore and story continuity back into raids.
Sha of Fear is possessing the Mantid Queen, so if you never kill her then Sha would never escape to Terrace, and you would never really have a reason to go there.

Well, before he goes to Terrace, the Sha of Fear is busy manipulating the Empress, so if you don't kill her it stands to reason that the Sha won't be over at the Terrace yet. Now, you can argue against the use of in-game successive logic if you like, but it's been used frequently before so I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on.

The fights in general seem easier than some of the others (especially Lei Shi) but it's hard to gauge because the people clearing it have a decent amount of gear now.
Fights seem slightly easier yes, but when you have an instance like HoF (which was overtuned or buggy) in the first week with a vehicle boss and a non-traditional boss akin to Rhyolith.. well that's likely why HoF seems so difficult (on normal).
Something to keep in mind is that every single group doing the elite version of protectors and saying it's easy is a group that fully cleared HoF. If you are not one of those groups, it is certainly still more difficult than the non-elite version, and will likely pose a challenge
11/17/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Mattick
Something to keep in mind is that every single group doing the elite version of protectors and saying it's easy is a group that fully cleared HoF. If you are not one of those groups, it is certainly still more difficult than the non-elite version, and will likely pose a challenge

Wouldn't that be everybody? Considering you need to have someone in your group that full cleared HoF to even do terrace lol?
11/17/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Gròmmash
Fights seem slightly easier yes, but when you have an instance like HoF (which was overtuned or buggy) in the first week with a vehicle boss and a non-traditional boss akin to Rhyolith.. well that's likely why HoF seems so difficult (on normal).

I was quite disappointed with ToS' bosses on normal. Half the mechanics can be ignored or dealt with without any prior planing. At least the last four bosses in HoF required people to execute their jobs correctly.
11/17/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Gròmmash

Wouldn't that be everybody? Considering you need to have someone in your group that full cleared HoF to even do terrace lol?

Its really easy to either have one person in your guild get carried through HoF, or to find a single person in trade to be the raid leader for some gold while they get in.
11/17/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Sanctifiêd

So you would have to do previous content instead of skipping everything like the past 2 expansions?
wouldnt say it's the gear, it's the quality of players

The mechanics for all 4 normal modes of terrace are pretty laughable (Sha is a bit of a number check though), at least compared to the other 12 bosses, terrace is simple.
wow if we cant get into Terrace of Eternal spring without some1 who has cleared HoF, thats really messed up.

FIrst off that will KILL pug groups, and does not make much sense stupid action by blizzard.

I dont even think top guilds on my server have downed HoF normal yet, (alliance side) and it doesnt seem like they will next week either i imagine.

Can anyone confirm FOR SURE, that next week ToS will still require full clear HoF?

If so dumb decision, kills pug groups, and makes a even stupid bigger gap in progression in server raiding.
It was done for story reasons. Empress fight has Sha of Fear show up in it, and he'll be back in Terrace.
11/17/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Glimdir
FIrst off that will KILL pug groups, and does not make much sense stupid action by blizzard.

Cross realm achievements do count

If nobody in your group has ever killed empress, then you have no business in terrace.

Not to mention, it takes 1, 1(!) person, the key to every good pug is to have 1 person with a single clue.

11/17/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Glimdir
Can anyone confirm FOR SURE, that next week ToS will still require full clear HoF?

Just kill the last boss.
Yeah I think it'll count the LFR kill just fine.