How will the Legion be defeated?

Story Forum
A lot of people speculate about a later expansion being the defeat of Sargeras.

Obviously, that is a pretty huge undertaking.

A plausible way of it happening, that I can see, is through the naaru. The Draenei believe that the Naaru will form a massive "army of the light" of which they will be a part of, composed of all the races of the universe who oppose the burning legion. I think, that the naaru could unify the races of Azeroth (which I believe are all inherently good to some degree) against the burning legion under the banner of this "army of the light." But, azeroth would be only one world among countless in this "army of the light" (picture hundreds of the naaru dimensional ships spanning the cosmos.)

I think Mists of Pandaria is a way of letting us adjust very slowly to the idea of a horde/alliance ...alliance.

I just don't see a group of 25 mortals from one planet downing Sargeras, and I don't see this as being a standard fight so much as a symbolic defeat. The legion isn't just an azeroth enemy and its far, far greater than just a single world.

I also think the draenei will have a big part in the fall of Sargeras (or should), as the naaru seem to be the most powerful and polar opposite beings of the legion that we've been introduced to, and the Draenei are their "chosen" race as far as we see. Also, who better to lead the charge against the burning legion that the people who've lost the most from them? (their entire planet, the vast majority of their kinsmin becoming the highest ranked members of the legion, the man'ari eredar.) It also would make up for the fact that since BC, they have done absolutely nothing.

Also, what happens after the fall of Sargeras? Will all of the damages done by fel energies wither away? Will the forests of felwood begin to heal? Will orcs lose their green skin?

After the burning legion is eradicated, with all the races of azeroth in peace and healed of the damages done by the burning legion, will they, together, focus on the problems of their own world? IE, the Old God presence?
11/18/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Dawnbreaker
draenei will have a big part in the fall of Sargeras (or should), as the naaru seem to be the most powerful and polar opposite beings of the legion that we've been introduced to, and the Draenei are their "chosen" race as far as we see.

I doubt this part only because they will want all players and all races to feel included. The Naaru and hopefully Titans will have huge roles.
Wrathion + Super Saiyan Anduin
11/18/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Scabior
Wrathion + Super Saiyan Anduin

Anduin: This...is to go EVEN FURTHER BEYOND....FATHER!!!!!!!

Thanks for that.
We will follow Anduin who finds a giant Titan device that we will spend the expansion building while fighting back demons and Crazy cultists.

Then at the end Anduin will be given three choices, he can either

Take direct control of all demons in the universe, but die physically, or Destroy all the demons, and Warlocks in the universe, or he can combine demons and non demons into a new DNA sequence.
In order to beat Sargeras we need to be united. Not just Azeroth but all life who can reach the stars must put aside it's difference and unite under a common banner.

But only one man can guide us to this path. Only one man can can rally us under one banner.

We need......

Shepard.
I don't think its possible to completely defeat the Legion.

Now defeating Sargeras and Kil'jaeden would be a huge blow to the Legion. I think Kiil'jaeden will be who we defeat next expansion, if its a BL one.

When fighting Sargeras I hope there is a role with the Titans and Naaru. How the fight would go, no idea I don't think it could happen on Azeroth because I imagine the fight itself would cause major destruction.

I think Velen himself should become a Commander in Chief role to the Army of Light while also personally dealing with Kil'jaeden in a fight in some way.
By the power of dance.
We will follow Anduin who finds a giant Titan device that we will spend the expansion building while fighting back demons and Crazy cultists.

Then at the end Anduin will be given three choices, he can either

Take direct control of all demons in the universe, but die physically, or Destroy all the demons, and Warlocks in the universe, or he can combine demons and non demons into a new DNA sequence.

i c wut u did thar.