@WSB

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
Way to much care bearing going on in this thread.
((Good god, I stop playing for a few days to get my school work in check and I come back to this?

I thought I was supposed to be the one to argue and pick fights on the fourms? Am I losing my touch?

I agree with both sides to be honest...

Granted BOTH sides spam emotes.. I even spam emotes sometimes if I know for a fact they have either done it to me or deserve it.

BUT.. there is a thing called respect.. so what you're just on the internet and playing a game and having fun.. that is no excuse to not have respect. If a group of people don't spam emotes then don't do it back.

Example.. a rule for all Keepers of Stromgarde.. we don't /spit. We would expect others to show us the same respect. I'm not saying don't do it at all..

And this is why I said I agree with both sides.. if you wanna show your hatred to the other faction then go for it.. /spit /lol etc etc.. but be mature about it and don't spam it.. one.. two.. maybe three times is okay.. but anymore than that just shows you have no respect.

You say you are having fun? Well if spam typing stupid stuff is fun to you.. stop playing wow and go get a typing job or something.))

((EDIT:

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/Roxamus/WoWScrnShot_101912_235306.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/Roxamus/WoWScrnShot_102012_001002.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/Roxamus/WoWScrnShot_110812_200201.jpg
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g386/Roxamus/WoWScrnShot_102112_224744.jpg

I sure hope one day my collection will be bigger. I would have more but sometimes I forget to SS them. I get a lot of love, but I don't let it affect me or my gameplay.. others should do the same...

The last two are my favorite! :D))
If people don't like to be spit on during PvP you might want to play a different game. Also, as far a respect, it's Alliance vs. Horde, it's war. Respect isn't always there. The spit emote is in the game, get over it.
11/20/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Mairail
If people don't like to be spit on during PvP you might want to play a different game. Also, as far a respect, it's Alliance vs. Horde, it's war. Respect isn't always there. The spit emote is in the game, get over it.

I agree with this 100%

I do /emote and banner plant all the time. The two things I don't respect is t-bagging and rage whispers.
11/20/2012 02:52 PMPosted by Mairail

I always laugh pretty hard when people bring up 'it's war'.

Yeah, everyone remembers all the Ally soldiers chain spitting and humping dead Germans, right? Oh, no? No one did that because that's sociopathic behavior? Oh, okay.

If you get your jollies from being a prick to people, at least have the dignity and self respect to not try and justify it.

Edit: The forum filter here is very, very strange.
[quote="71990521807"]Yeah, everyone remembers all the Ally soldiers chain spitting and humping dead Germans, right? Oh, no? No one did that because that's sociopathic behavior? Oh, okay.

The victims of the American military in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantanamo Bay would like to have a word.
11/20/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Rimeblade
Yeah, everyone remembers all the Ally soldiers chain spitting and humping dead Germans, right? Oh, no?

I laughed pretty hard at that

The victims of the American military in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Guantanamo Bay would like to have a word.

Yeah, okay.

Seriously, go find me a single instance of someone spitting on a corpse twenty times before dry humping it. Go ahead, I'll wait.

And I'll be waiting forever, because no one does that.

Edit: Honestly, no, that wouldn't even prove your point. Find me enough examples to where it's clear that this is a common practice and not the work of someone who has lost their mind.

Yeah, okay.

Seriously, go find me a single instance of someone spitting on a corpse twenty times before dry humping it. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Everyone's seen the video of American soldiers urinating on the bodies of dead Afghans, and the photos of the humilations at Abu Ghraib. The disrespect shown to the living and the dead, civilian and military, enemy and ally, is ridiculous, unacceptable, and apparently de rigueur.

Yeah, everyone remembers all the Ally soldiers chain spitting and humping dead Germans, right? Oh, no? No one did that because that's sociopathic behavior? Oh, okay.

If you get your jollies from being a prick to people, at least have the dignity and self respect to not try and justify it.

Blizzard supports spitting, because as my lvl 58 dk runs into stormwind, his is spit on and has food thrown at him.

Yeah, okay.

Edit: Honestly, no, that wouldn't even prove your point. Find me enough examples to where it's clear that this is a common practice and not the work of someone who has lost their mind.

You are pretty disconnected from the real world aren't you? Let me guess, you only go by what you watch on the american new channels/sources?

Did I say I Liked it? I am saying it is in the game and until blizzard removes it, it always will be. If you don't like it QQ to blizzard or go play another game. People are always going to use it as long as it is there. QQ'ing at the people that do it isn't going to make it stop, they are going to do it more if anything.

Everyone's seen the video of American soldiers urinating on the bodies of dead Afghans, and the photos of the humilations at Abu Ghraib. The disrespect shown to the living and the dead, civilian and military, enemy and ally, is ridiculous, unacceptable, and apparently de rigueur.

That's still not what I was referring to.

I'll agree that's unacceptable, but it's a whole other argument.

You are pretty disconnected from the real world aren't you? Let me guess, you only go by what you watch on the american new channels/sources?

In World War II, American soldiers cut trophies from Japanese soldiers.

Is that worse than what I've described? I think so.

But that's not my point. My point is no one chain spits or corpse humps in real life because it's just not something a sane person does. It's not about cruelty, it's just nonsensical.
[quote]
But that's not my point. My point is no one chain spits or corpse humps in real life because it's just not something a sane person does. It's not about cruelty, it's just nonsensical.

No, I don't think that was your point. You said that behavior was "sociopathic", not "nonsensical" as you now claim, and you're trying to be so specific in your demand for proof as to make it impossible.

You've already agreed that soldiers perform a variety of cruel, inhumane, and demeaning acts on their enemies (and comrades), so I don't really understand why you're belaboring it.
DISRESPECTING A CHARACTER
Spam /emotes, camp bodies, 3v1 them, bomb normal rp events, kill lowbies, teab-gging, general killing, ect. I'm not really the type of player to dedicate my time to doing these things but I have done all of them. I'm sure that most of you have, so don't act like you're the god of all that is good.

You make a character mad and the player rage whispers you if you're lucky. So what- don't care- they'll forget about it tomorrow or until the next player ganks him or her.

DISRESPECTING A PLAYER
Trashing vents, assault, trashing rp events involving real life issues (such as deaths), hate mail, or anything meant to insult the player and not the character he or she plays.

There is a very fine line between the two.
I am a good human being outside of character. The reason as to why I personally do not like WSB is because I have done rbgs with some of their members and I thought that the way they treated people were disgusting. Calling them names, telling them they suck, yelling at them, and that is how you know when a player truly is a sh-tty person. I WITNESSED ON SKYPE a certain player (not saying names) who asked us if we wanted to crash the RP funeral for a real person that died (before anybody knew the death was fake, if it was) and some of the comments I heard really sickened me and filled me with hatred and anger towards that guild. As a Marine Corps veteran, I read in the Emerald Dream forums about a Marine showing off his MOS as if it made him better than any other patriot /yelling the words "Veteran's Day was yesterday you dumb f-cks" towards those who were honoring my friends that passed...

Maybe that's why when I see somebody /spit spamming I suck it up and don't really give a crap. You may see me or somebody like me camping your body out of the blue or teab-gging your toon's corps, but ask anybody who's Skyped with me, I'm a harmless and very nice person. My in game character does not represent myself as a person. When I say you guys need to stop taking this game so seriously, it goes towards both sides. The side of disrespecting the player, and the side that is outraged of a hordie that spams emotes like some overly pissed off mother. If you think I'm disrespecting you as a person for crashing your crappy rp event I could care less, but hopefully now reading this you will realize that you don't know me or any other random toon that ganked your lowbie.

So, with that being said...

...yeah the difference is we're not dealing with a real dead body. We're talking about a virtual character that dies and comes back to life. For you to compare the two is like comparing your raid in Orgimmar to a school shooting. I think it's wrong of you to even compare a dead Alli toon to a dead German. Mairail is right, we are at war. Look into the story of Warcraft, though I'm not completely knowledgable about it I do know a little bit. The Horde and Alliance have done some sick sh-t to one another. The humans treated trolls like crap, invaded them, tortured them, slaughtered them, I wouldn't doubt for a second that some of their bodies were spat on. I hate the Alliance with a passion because I have the mentality that Mairail mentioned so there are some days where I want to kill you on site without thinking for a second that you're a real person. So, before you stereotype me into a group of sociopaths by my behavior you should probably open your mind a little bit and get rid of this judgemental and probably hypocritical behavior about who I or anybody else is as a person for their in game behavior.

No, I don't think that was your point. You said that behavior was "sociopathic", not "nonsensical" as you now claim, and you're trying to be so specific in your demand for proof as to make it impossible.

You've already agreed that soldiers perform a variety of cruel, inhumane, and demeaning acts on their enemies (and comrades), so I don't really understand why you're belaboring it.

It's sociopathic and nonsensical. I don't see how you can disagree with this.

No one is going to spit twenty times on a single corpse. No one is going to dry hump that single corpse twenty times.

To be as clear as possible, I'm pointing out that your character would not be doing this. You are, to grief. Your character very well may /spit once or even twice, but not ten or twenty.
ATTAKTIX

ATTACK TACTICS

ATTACK TAKTIXX

I laugh whenever I see that guy's name
http://i.imgur.com/DYNBT.jpg
I laugh every time I see Bowjackson because I think of the 97 Other people in this game that have the same name. Points for originality, Bow.