Raid Challenge Live Now

General Discussion
I wish they would of had somebody that new about all those bosses commentating. I would of loved to see riggnaros from bl or sco from method commentating.
Supreme Quicksand using the cheesy ROF strat that's getting nerfed in 5.1
I honestly don't know how you commentate a WoW raid.

It's not that exciting to watch if you don't play WoW.
The commentary on this is pretty funny, one guy is basically just explaining everything while the other guy says "ok, mhm". I get that it's for the benefit of people watching, but I feel the other commentator could be contributing more.

Elegon is nearly down though, about time for Will.

Rob Simpson's a very good friend of mine on the eSports team. He's also an incredibly talented WoW player and gamer in general. But for the last several months he's been very focused on StarCraft II and hasn't had as much time for Mists.

But, you're right, there are a lot of people watching who may not be familiar with the fights, particularly on Heroic. So it's nice to have that banter to naturally provide insights on mechanics. Not only that, but Ion's pro! I think it's pretty awesome to hear the lead encounter designer really walking through a dungeon's design in much more detail than he would in any interview. ;)
I honestly don't know how you commentate a WoW raid.

It's not that exciting to watch if you don't play WoW.

It's even worse when the feed is running like the host computer has a pentium 100 for a processor. I haven't seen chop that bad since I made the mistake of upping my old computer's settings to ultra just to see how far the view distance would go.
Dev commenting on the rof strat now
Not sure what Blizzard dev is leading this stream but I like him. Knows his stuff. I guess I'd rather listen to him than the commentator lol.
11/17/2012 06:30 PMPosted by Digerati
Not sure what Blizzard dev is leading this stream but I like him. Knows his stuff. I guess I'd rather listen to him than the commentator lol.

Ion Hazzikostas designed the raid they're doing, so he's definitely pretty knowledgeable.
The commentary on this is pretty funny, one guy is basically just explaining everything while the other guy says "ok, mhm". I get that it's for the benefit of people watching, but I feel the other commentator could be contributing more.

Elegon is nearly down though, about time for Will.

Rob Simpson's a very good friend of mine on the eSports team. He's also an incredibly talented WoW player and gamer in general. But for the last several months he's been very focused on StarCraft II and hasn't had as much time for Mists.

But, you're right, there are a lot of people watching who may not be familiar with the fights, particularly on Heroic. So it's nice to have that banter to naturally provide insights on mechanics. Not only that, but Ion is a total bad !@#! I think it's pretty awesome to hear the lead encounter designer really walking through a dungeon's design in much more detail than he would in any interview. ;)

Oh for sure, I'm loving this for the detail. I haven't done Heroic raiding in MoP at all so I'm not as familiar with it either and am definitely one of the people benefiting from the in depth explanations. The race has been pretty fun so far and I'm excited to see how it turns out.
Streams been messed up for the past couple minutes. Lagging out. Refresh didn't help.
11/17/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Digerati
Streams been messed up for the past couple minutes. Lagging out. Refresh didn't help.

We're working on it.
Yup, it was choppy and now it's down. : /
Stream death!
11/17/2012 06:35 PMPosted by Zarhym

We're working on it.

Sweet, thanks for the quick response Zarhym.
Works again. Cut back in 5 seconds after it ended lol. I think SQ won.
That is fairly disappointing
Is there a video of the stream posted afterwards? Definitely interested in that.
Anyhow, thanks for the free stream. Was much more fun to watch than Challenge Modes.

Arenas up next they said, if anyone was wondering.