Hide shoulders option

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 18 Next
11/19/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri
For example, I uh, never really liked any of the AQ40 stuff (scandalous!). I know people that love it so much they have it 'mogged to this day. *shrug*

AQ 40 robes scandalous? I don't know about that, I think the way my Warlock is currently dressed is far more scandalous by far, especially with the pose my armory page is stuck with.

On a more serious note, how about evolving things faster so that we can actually use white and grey items as well? Most of it doesn't break the "fashion rules" of being silly or odd, and most of us would really like to use armor pieces from white or grey quality items that have no matching green, blue, or purple equivalent items.
It's been a year. Please evolve it faster. >:/

It's good to hear it's still on your minds, but...

This.

Seriously this.

I'm happy that the itemization for fist weapons has been reworked to move away from the Main-hand vs. Off-hand model, but there's still a great deal more to do to bring this feature to its apex.
Art is an extremely subjective thing

That's true. My very subjective take on WoW shoulder armor is that every single piece of high level shoulder armor is ugly.

I'm sorry, that's just how it is.
how about having the artist team making a complete set that looks good for a change?

Art is an extremely subjective thing. With very rare exceptions, if you take any random piece of armor or art, and ask people for opinions, they'll almost certainly be divided.

For example, I uh, never really liked any of the AQ40 stuff (scandalous!). I know people that love it so much they have it 'mogged to this day. *shrug*

agreed i know ppl like the old TBC sets but to me they look like rainbow clown sets

you know what we need more than just hiding your shoulders is having your hair actually show. This helm doesnt show my hair and makes me look bald
As a male Orc, Id love to comment on shoulderpads- but I cant see what you are talking about.
11/19/2012 03:52 PMPosted by Fleafly
Art is an extremely subjective thing

That's true. My very subjective take on WoW shoulder armor is that every single piece of high level shoulder armor is ugly.

Even mine? :(
11/19/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Vail

I've never yet seen Druid shoulder armor that looked good.
Give us a full samurai and ninja transmogs
If a hide shoulder option becomes available, it should be:

Hide LShoulder
Hide RShoulder
Hide Shoulders
11/19/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Blizzard has stated in no uncertain terms that hiding shoulders isn't something they'd consider.

That's not entirely accurate. It's true that offering an option to hide shoulders is something we've been reluctant to do, because so much effort goes into the creation of shoulder art, and those items are some of the most visually distinctive and iconic items in World of Warcraft. It's not necessarily totally off of the table though. As we've said often in the past, we still plan to grow and evolve the Transmogrification feature over time.

If they were such an iconic part of Warcraft, then you would think all the NPCs would be wearing shoulder gear as well. Sometime they just look better without shoulders, and for a good transmog shoulders just get in the way. If you wanted to do a blademaster or demon hunter transmog, shoulders just aren't necessary.

Until now? <:D

Until now? <:D

There's some leather armor I like for druids! Yours looks good on the worgen. ;)
Please Blizzard, make a "Birthday Suit" armor set that we can transmog into.

Lock it down behind some daily rep grind of course.

That's not entirely accurate. It's true that offering an option to hide shoulders is something we've been reluctant to do, because so much effort goes into the creation of shoulder art, and those items are some of the most visually distinctive and iconic items in World of Warcraft. It's not necessarily totally off of the table though. As we've said often in the past, we still plan to grow and evolve the Transmogrification feature over time.

That's great but can you make the leather solders from the current expansion actually touch my shoulders the floating shoulders thing is kind interesting by really disconcerting.

The art works is all well and good but the fact they are floating 3 inches above my actual shoulder just looks strange.
I very much appreciate the artwork that goes into the armor created for this game.

But sometimes, especially playing female chars, I feel like the shoulders overwhelm my characters.

I actually really love the way Rift handled gear, with the ability to buy multiple armor (umm forgot what its called) sets, and then you could put the armor in each tab, and just click the tab to have that appearance. Likewise, you could choose which piece did and did not display.. not just cloak or helm but every piece was optional (except weapons). I *really* loved that design.
11/19/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Art is an extremely subjective thing. With very rare exceptions, if you take any random piece of armor or art, and ask people for opinions, they'll almost certainly be divided.

You know what we're not divided about? Being sick of DK helmet horns. Is it an unwritten law that all of our helmets must have wings/horns/dual protrusions? They don't inherently ruin the look...but...you know...as a race that already has horns, it seems silly.

Fun fact: The only PvE set that didn't have horn-like protrusions was the Horde T9. Warriors have 5 PvE sets without horns, including Horde T9 and not including the down-played horn protrusions of T4. Paladins have 10 or so.

There are other things that can be put on a warrior-type class's helmet that aren't horns. Like gnomes.
At least there's hope. But it's taking forever for them to reduce transmog restrictions so if they do add hide shoulder it'll be a long time from now.
I just clicked like on some of the post that I read because I support allowing us to hide shoulders pieces or at least an invisible shoulder piece to transmog.