Sad about the Anniversary Letter

Customer Support
I don't believe I am entitled to gifts every year from Blizzard. It's because I enjoy what I get year round from them. However, I feel a bit insulted by this year's letter. I look forward to that stuff because it's a way, however indirectly to hear from Blizzard and be thanked for loving what they do. Often times, it's entertaining and worth a read. This year was just last year's letter. I know they're busy and working on things that do show their appreciation of us. But it still feels like I've been snubbed, as if to say "We don't have time to write a simple letter to thank you for your loyalty."

I guess it just makes me kind of sad. :(
This is a known issue about receiving last year's note and it is being investigated. Sowwy 'bout that.

Would it helped if this sheep danced for you on this joyous day?

/Dance
/Tap Dance
/Explode

But in all seriousness, we're aware of it and will be looked into.

/Dance
/Tap Dance
/Explode

Not gonna lie, I have visions of zombie sheep dancing in my head now. And I am pleased.

/Dance
/Tap Dance
/Explode

I know we're supposed to keep it on topic in Customer Service, but I just had to say how much I enjoyed that, Machkhan. The exploding sheep in the the RTS Warcraft was pretty much my favorite Easter Egg ever. Maybe when Warcraft 4 comes along, they can add the tap dancing :)
Aww, it does make me feel better! You're a nice... undead... zombie sheep?

Bugs are never fun!
This is a known issue about receiving last year's note and it is being investigated. Sowwy 'bout that.

/Dance
/Tap Dance
/Explode

But in all seriousness, we're aware of it and will be looked into.
so will we be getting a updated letter? possibly new item as well that grants rep from quests
11/18/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Ðopey
so will we be getting a updated letter?

It's possible, but does it really matter?

11/18/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Ðopey
possibly new item as well that grants rep from quests

No, the item is what it is. It was 7% last year (for the 7th Anniversary), and it's 8% this year for the 8th Anniversary. Want to guess what it might be next year?

Keep complaining, and you might not get anything next year.
11/18/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Madisón

Santa???

Is that you???

:)
11/18/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Madisón
so will we be getting a updated letter?

It's possible, but does it really matter?

possibly new item as well that grants rep from quests

No, the item is what it is. It was 7% last year (for the 7th Anniversary), and it's 8% this year for the 8th Anniversary. Want to guess what it might be next year?

Hey, cheer up, life can't be that bad.
Santa???

Is that you???

:)

No, just an old man who wants these darn kids to GET OFF MY LAWN! ;)

11/18/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Donjulia

Funny, that's exactly what I think every time someone complains about their free gift. ;)

Funny, that's exactly what I think every time someone complains about their free gift. ;)

It's not really free, though... I mean, don't get me wrong I agree with the sentiment here, but it's essentially a "gift" to thank us for subscribing.

It's not really free, though... I mean, don't get me wrong I agree with the sentiment here, but it's essentially a "gift" to thank us for subscribing.

Which they are not obligated to do.
11/19/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Renwald

And we aren't obligated to keep subscribing, either. I spent my money where i feel wanted and appreciated as well as entertained. Well, 1/2 out of three... is terrible.
11/19/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Meneltel

And we aren't obligated to keep subscribing, either. I spent my money where i feel wanted and appreciated as well as entertained. Well, 1/2 out of three... is terrible.

Feel free to stop then. We all have this option.

I go to the same grocery store every week for my groceries. I have been a loyal customer for many years, given them alot of money.
I dont get upset and say i am never going to shop there, because they dont give me a free box of cookies once a year.
11/19/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Reenela

Feel free to stop then. We all have this option.

I go to the same grocery store every week for my groceries. I have been a loyal customer for many years, given them alot of money.
I dont get upset and say i am never going to shop there, because they dont give me a free box of cookies once a year.

A free box of cookies would be awsome!
I honestly think Blizzard is skipping on content to rush MoP out. We got no lead into Mist aside from one scenario released for one week before release. They skipped the London Olympics even after we were promised one after the Beijing Olympics. And now they re-issue the same letter from last year and the same token 'we take this away in a week' kinda prize. I am with the topic creator I know we are not entitled to anything, but I miss when they gave out pets, a mount would be awesome, or something... I dunno.
11/19/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Arsonis
We got no lead into Mist aside from one scenario released for one week before release.

Because an obnoxiously vocal minority has been complaining about them since pre-BC.

They skipped the London Olympics even after we were promised one after the Beijing Olympics.

I'm going to need a source on that. Everything I've seen has stated they didn't plan on doing anything major for the Olympics.

And now they re-issue the same letter from last year and the same token 'we take this away in a week' kinda prize.

We've been told this wasn't intended and they are looking into it. The letter, anyways. The token for the rep increase is a gesture. They don't need to give us anything.
They skipped the London Olympics even after we were promised one after the Beijing Olympics.

Blizzard said they would "like" to do every time. No promise at all.

In fact, for just this very reason, Blizzard is very careful to never promise anything specific.
I played in 2008 and I never recieved anything for loggin on during the olympics. Now I am curious as to why ... or what exactly you guys are talking about lol
Spirit of Competition, and a Competitor's Tabard.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/haomarush/Nobody/achievement#81
Scroll near the bottom.
I can't remember if you just had to log in, or had to do something though.