Game time gone from account?

Customer Support
Hey guys, I have a problem here, I input 2 30 days game time onto my account sometime ago, extended the time to around january 2013, but today I got a billing email saying that my credit card couldn't be charge due to not enough funds(I know this, which is why i bought the pre-paid cards to put into my account). I made sure i had enough time extended into 2013, yet my Game time that i put in is gone? What is going on here blizz? Did did I pay money for the game time but then somehow got removed without warning? Anyone can shed some light here? Guild is dependant on me tonight, and I cant afford another game time at the moment.
How did you buy the other form of gametime? Via the blizzard store? These payment could fail as well, and cause the game time to be removed.

If it was PHYSICAL cards from a store, shouldnt have this issue.

Calling billing, is your best bet.
I knew I wasn't be able to pay for game time this month which is why i pre-bought 2 game time to last me until I can pay again, so obviously I didn't pay via blizzard store.
I gotten these game time through online retail store, I've been buying it from these guys for over 7 years, I've never had a problem ever before. They are legit, <removed>. This is the first time this ever occurred to me I'm not sure what's going on as I revived NO EMAIL what so ever about the situation.
I would take it up with the online retailer that you got the cards from.
Hm.. could be something that those guys have BAD codes right now.. i have hear this happening with other places that have this sort of system set up.

This is why, if i am not getting from the blizz store directly.. i get a PHYSCIAL copy.. because who knows what else can happen/fail inbetween.. you know a physical one is just right from blizz.

I would give billing a call.. and also call those guys if you can.
I'm going to give them a call about the game time, but i dont know how much they can help me about the code, because I'm not even sure how the retailers can check these things with bad codes after being used?
Blizz, would only remove it from your account, if the time code, was reported as 'bad', payment failed, etc.
This LIKELY came from those guys... so its possibly the payment failed there as well? then they reported it to blizz.
Im a monthly subscriber and when i log in it tells me my pre-paid gametime is up, trouble in river city if you ask me
yeah, I just put a month on 3 days ago, it's telling me the same thing...
I bought it directly from the blizz store.
11/19/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Rayquaza
yeah, I just put a month on 3 days ago, it's telling me the same thing...

11/19/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Rayquaza
I bought it directly from the blizz store.

Your situation is different from the OP (who bought it through a third-party site and thus has to go to them for answers).

As you purchased yours from the Blizzard store, that would tend to indicate your payment method failed for some reason. This can happen even after the charge is initially cleared for a variety of reasons such as mismatched information (zip code, name on card, expiry date, etc). Check for an email from Blizzard, then check your account to see if the charge shows as Pending or completed. If it is showing only as Pending, the money hasn't actually gone to Blizzard and your bank simply hasn't processed it back into your account yet.
Ok i've gotten a response from Blizz, apparently somehow payment "refunded" and thus i lost my time card. I've spoken to the site i bought it from, they said on their end everything is fine, there was no issue with other customers, but they will look into it more, aka call blizz. I don't know if this is blizzard's fault but I can assure you that a site I've been buying from for 7 year will not suddenly start to scam people. I really hope this was not a mistake on blizzard's end as i am out of 35$. When they reply to me what happen with blizzard i'll post another follow up.
Most likely this "reputable" site is quite the opposite -- they use stolen credit cards to purchase game time cards. The prepaid GTCs codes are given to you instantly but the actual payment may take a few days to process.

Since the payment is fraudulent and is declined, the game time codes are removed from your account and the "reputable" site now has your money. Hopefully you have a way to dispute this transaction.

11/19/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Drdizzy
I really hope this was not a mistake on blizzard's end as i am out of 35$.

As a side note, why would you *ever* purchase game codes from a third party site when Blizzard sells them to you directly? It would have been cheaper going through Blizzard.
Most likely this "reputable" site is quite the opposite -- they use stolen credit cards to purchase game time cards. The prepaid GTCs codes are given to you instantly but the actual payment may take a few days to process.

Since the payment is fraudulent and is declined, the game time codes are removed from your account and the "reputable" site now has your money. Hopefully you have a way to dispute this transaction.

I really hope this was not a mistake on blizzard's end as i am out of 35$.

As a side note, why would you *ever* purchase game codes from a third party site when Blizzard sells them to you directly? It would have been cheaper going through Blizzard.
You forgot to mention that the "reputable" site also now has his credit card information and will most likely also try using that card to fraudulently purchase things.

OP, NEVER purchase Blizzard items online from anyone other than the official Blizzard store. As far as I remember, none are licensed resellers so you are using them at your own risk. They will, of course, tell you that they will "look into it", but we all know what that really means.