JInyu on the throne

Story Forum
So it is said that "Many thousands of years ago, the Pearlfin once sat on the throne of all Pandaria."

When was this exactly?

Before the Mogu?

After Shaohao?

Or did the Pandaren rebellion initially place a Jinyu on the throne?
There have been Pandaren, Jinyu, and Hozen Emperors before. We don't know when or how, we just know that there were.

We know Emperor Shaohao, and the Hozen Emperor Rikitik (Is that his name?), or maybe some others I haven't heard of yet.
It's Blizz not knowing what to do with its goddang timeline.

I mean Lei Shen was apparently killed by Monks yet monks were invented during the reign of a subsequent emperor so what?
It's Blizz not knowing what to do with its goddang timeline.

I mean Lei Shen was apparently killed by Monks yet monks were invented during the reign of a subsequent emperor so what?

This. Pandaria really needs a book or scroll with a list of all the emperors. The Lorewalkers exist to preserve and catalogue information like this, after all.
I believe it goes like this:

When Kalimdor was still whole, some murlocs found themselves in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and there became the jinyu. They built their own Jinyu Empire, probably making sure to stay clear of the mantid.

Then everything changed when the mogu arrived. Wowpedia states that the jinyu trusted the hozen on an important deed, and were then betrayed. Probably the mogu, already united under the Thunder King, who had Titanic artifacts, used the moment to assault the jinyu and usrp the throne, beginning the Mogu Empire. They then enslaved everything.

Many millenia and many rocks in the Serpent's Spine after, the Pandaren did their revolution, beginning the Pandaren Empire (hey really like empires down there). The zandalari attacked in the Zandalari Troll Wars, were defeated, and Pandaria prospered.

Then came the Sundering. Shaohao, last emperor, cleansed himself from the sha and made the Mists of Pandaria. In this moment the Pandaren Empire ended and the pandaren began to live without a central government.

Then we arrived.
Omacron, who worked as an intern for Blizzard, said that the jinyu were a dynasty, not an empire. I assume that if that is correct, they were part of the Pandaren Empire.
The Pandaran are remarkably egalitarian.
Likely in the time between 12,000 (the fall of the Mogu Empire) and 10,000 (The Last Emperor's era) BDP.
11/18/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Pumlaxer
Omacron, who worked as an intern for Blizzard, said that the jinyu were a dynasty, not an empire. I assume that if that is correct, they were part of the Pandaren Empire.

Well, that's not exactly what I said, but that's the gist of it.

There were only ever two empires on Pandaria (discounting the Mantid), the Mogu and the Pandaren. The Pandaren empire was mostly Pandaren in population, but its ruler doesn't necessarily have to be Pandaren. Just like real-world China wasn't always ruled by Han (the largest ethnic group in China and what we think of when we say "Chinese Person"). Mongols and Manchus once sat upon the Imperial Throne, but the name of the nation did not change.
11/18/2012 02:20 PMPosted by Omacron
Just like real-world China wasn't always ruled by Han (the largest ethnic group in China and what we think of when we say "Chinese Person"). Mongols and Manchus once sat upon the Imperial Throne, but the name of the nation did not change.

Omg stop educating me on other cultures. Making educated and cultured. What's wrong with you?!
11/18/2012 02:23 PMPosted by Noitora
Just like real-world China wasn't always ruled by Han (the largest ethnic group in China and what we think of when we say "Chinese Person"). Mongols and Manchus once sat upon the Imperial Throne, but the name of the nation did not change.

Omg stop educating me on other cultures. Making educated and cultured. What's wrong with you?!

I've got to justify the thousands of dollars my parents spent on my comparative literature degree somehow.
11/18/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Omacron
I've got to justify the thousands of dollars my parents spent on my comparative literature degree somehow.

I spent thousands of student loan money on an arts degree. What's up?
There were Syrians on the Roman throne. Thought I'd toss that in.
Well, King Henry VI was on the French throne as well as the English throne, and he was only half French.
11/18/2012 05:49 PMPosted by Malodin
Well, King Henry VI was on the French throne as well as the English throne, and he was only half French.

The house of Windsor is actually German. You'll find that it's very common for the rulers of a nation to be of entirely different ethnic groups than their subjects, and oftentimes they don't even speak the same language.
And I guess that's kinda the thing with comparing known existing Kingdoms that we're familiar with vs. Pandaria - Greymane and Varian both seem to come from very localized bloodlines, as would Teranas (I believe).

It would be interesting to see explained some of the more diverse ethnic groups within the various kingdoms of humanity, though - the Barovs, for instance, provide leverage for at least a very separate linguistic line within Lordaeron, and then we STILL have no clue as to where Lady Blaumeux came from, for instance.

Maybe "French" is just an Azerothian speech impediment? ...