[A] [RP & RP/PVP] The League of Lordaeron

Moon Guard
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
11/19/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Verdantclaw
The undead is the elephant. Lordaeron is the "man."

Are you calling us fat?
11/19/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Bretanya
I notice guilds with "Lordaeron" in their name tend to be less about Lordaeron and more about persecution of the undead. Just sayin'...

Well, the Forsaken/Scourge are sort of just relaxing in nearly every Lordaeronian stronghold, so they do have a big theme when it comes to said Lordaeron guilds.

The League of Lordaeron was originally dedicated towards the kingdom, but that ideology has since evolved to the sub-continent and any foreign interests that may threaten that particular area.
11/19/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Sibelius
The undead is the elephant. Lordaeron is the "man."

Are you calling us fat?

Quit hoggin' up all the land, fatty. People wanna live here.
11/19/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Verdantclaw

Are you calling us fat?

Quit hoggin' up all the land, fatty. People wanna live here.

Spit out my drink.

I now imagine bloated bowling ball Forsaken corpses rolling around everywhere.

"hey get ur own land bub"
11/19/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Verdantclaw
live

Key word there.
If you wish to use the man as an allegory of Lordaeron, it's more like this...

The man is Lordaeron. The undead is a bad physical appearance on the man brought about by a tumultuous experience.

Yes, you can make the man pretty again, but you lose part of what makes the man who he is. The fact that he's had that experience, and suffered the physical aftermath, has defined him just as much as any other experience.
I like an elephant sitting on a man's face better. :(
11/19/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Verdantclaw

But that would suggest the undead are an outside invading influence. They're not. The undead came from Lordaeron itself. Born, raised (in one sense), lived, died, raised (in the other sense), and mentally freed. They in and of themselves are not an outside influence. They are just as much a part of Lordaeron as you or I. We need to build our bridges with the undead, not simply cut out that part of our soul.

But that would suggest the undead are an outside invading influence. They're not. The undead came from Lordaeron itself. Born, raised (in one sense), lived, died, raised (in the other sense), and mentally freed. They in and of themselves are not an outside influence. They are just as much a part of Lordaeron as you or I. We need to build our bridges with the undead, not simply cut out that part of our soul.

Thing is Southshore sort of blew up any chance of bridges. The undead lordaeron's are pretty much Scourge 2.0.

edit: Combine that with the plague work, and the test on living creatures, yeah..... Time for peace well ended.
11/19/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Bretanya
We need to build our bridges with the undead

HA

(edit: also, you could say the same thing about the Lich King. He is just as much a part of the Alliance, since he was born from it correct? So that justifies us not stopping his genocidal campaigns.)
11/19/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Bretanya
We need to build our bridges with the undead, not simply cut out that part of our soul.

Well, there's this issue with their leader, Sylvanas, wanting to create a plague to destroy massive amounts of lives and make even more Forsaken. The Undead are simply souls who have not been allowed to rest. They were a part of Lordaeron, but technically, they should be in the ground six feet under. You can't build bridges with someone who wants to set the bridge on fire as you cross it.
We need to start small. I know for a fact there are undead in Lordaeron who do not care for Sylvanas or her actions. Many have even joined the Argent Crusade (my sister, for one). Most are just simple folk who just live out their undeaths among familiar surroundings. Those are the people we need to start with.
11/19/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Bretanya
We need to start small. I know for a fact there are undead in Lordaeron who do not care for Sylvanas or her actions. Many have even joined the Argent Crusade (my sister, for one). Most are just simple folk who just live out their undeaths among familiar surroundings. Those are the people we need to start with.

You cannot simply forget what the Forsaken did to all those innocents, justice is demanded.

edit: It is not as simple as. "I know we plagued your towns, butchered your civilians chased you out of your lands, and raised your fallen into us, but let's be friends."
Druids -> Keepers and nurturers of life.

Forsaken -> Dead people.

Forever opposed.
Question.

If League of Lordaeron were the Justice League of Lordaeron, who would be Batman?
11/19/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Bretanya

Description

Our dark rangers search the fields for worgen terrorists. These worgen have been sent out by their dark masters to hunt and kill us. And though a dark ranger is a formidable combatant, the worgen often attack in packs, which can overwhelm even a dark ranger.

Search the fields around the ruins of Southshore for Bloodfang forsaken hunters. Kill any that you see! For the Forsaken and for Lordaeron!

Interesting tid bit from this quest chain I found. I'm reading it because I find Dumbass, Jonny Awesome and Orkus to be hilarious, but still. Just thought this was interesting.
The Forsaken started the war, they can (not) live with their actions.

Our dark rangers search the fields for worgen terrorists. These worgen have been sent out by their dark masters to hunt and kill us. And though a dark ranger is a formidable combatant, the worgen often attack in packs, which can overwhelm even a dark ranger.

Search the fields around the ruins of Southshore for Bloodfang forsaken hunters. Kill any that you see! For the Forsaken and for Lordaeron!
This is a good example of propaganda.

Question.

If League of Lordaeron were the Justice League of Lordaeron, who would be Batman?
Orav.
This is cool and all, but this is a recruitment thread for a guild. I think this might be better discussed in a separate thread. :)
11/19/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Liupeng

Cartres, clearly.

Cartres, clearly.
No, Cartes has powers; He's aquaman.