MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

Shaman
Prev 1 3 4 5 35 Next
12/02/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Shamdaxpress
What's better in the current content, since I don't have the quality weapons I would like to plunk dancing steel on, what's best out of Windsong and Elemental Force.

At your gear level, use Elemental Force.

, both AoE and single target (haven't tried it in a raiding environment yet, only heroics and questing). Does windsong's effectiveness surpass elemental force it as your gear gets better?

Yes.

Also, Elemental Force shouldn't be affecting your AoE much (if) at all. I'm not entirely sure how it functions with Fire Nova, but for the most part it's not really something you will notice to be significant when it comes to consistent/heavy AoE. When it comes to situations like this, Windsong would have greater effect because of the crit/mastery procs benefiting the chance for Fire Nova crits/increased damage.
11/25/2012 05:05 AMPosted by Chillbros
Shamanistic Rage removed from the GCD

Also was completely unaware of this change.

This...this has to be one of the greatest minor changes I've seen in a long damned time. Now trying to absorb damage from Garalon crushes will be easier :<
12/02/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Platform
Shamanistic Rage removed from the GCD

Also was completely unaware of this change.

This...this has to be one of the greatest minor changes I've seen in a long damned time. Now trying to absorb damage from Garalon crushes will be easier :<

I know right? I was so happy when I noticed it.
11/25/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Chillbros
Fire Elemental Totem: Amazing for troll enhancement shaman who use PE, but not that great otherwise. At least, until we’re given a reason for needing FE every 3 minutes.

Just to clarify, it's amazing for a troll enhancement shaman even if they aren't PE. ^.^
yeah but then they're dumb so
Reported.

for sticky.
You should probably mention somewhere in there that once you get your 2-set bonus, LL gets a higher priority. The damage increase is pretty significant.
12/02/2012 11:03 PMPosted by Chillbros
yeah but then they're dumb so

nou
12/03/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Demapples
You should probably mention somewhere in there that once you get your 2-set bonus, LL gets a higher priority. The damage increase is pretty significant.

Except that it doesn't get a higher priority.
11/25/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Chillbros
Tailoring is inferior to the other crafting professions.
Are you sure about this? Because Enchant Cloak - Accuracy (+180 hit) kinda sucks. Considering that will free you 180 secondary stats elsewhere wouldn't Swordguard Embroidery be better than +320 agility + 180 secondary stats?
Swordguard Embroidery is 4000 AP for 15s every minute (i think icd is 60s from wow head) = 1000 AP which is a little less than 500 agility (because 500 agility would give you 240 melee crit as well). So if 180 agility > 180 mastery + 240 melee crit then tailoring is better than enchanting for example.

Except that it doesn't get a higher priority.

Yeah this.

12/03/2012 01:07 PMPosted by Shamantra
Swordguard Embroidery is 4000 AP for 15s every minute (i think icd is 60s from wow head) = 1000 AP which is a little less than 500 agility (because 500 agility would give you 240 melee crit as well). So if 180 agility > 180 mastery + 240 melee crit then tailoring is better than enchanting for example.

640 AP + 180 Haste/Mastery + Crit(not exactly sure how much it gives) > 1000 AP

Also, the enchant won't proc every minute exactly so its value is further devalued.
Ok ty for clarification.
12/03/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Chillbros
not exactly sure how much it gives
Just fyi: by varying your agility you can see that each 1 agility increases your melee crit change by 0.0008% so 320 agility = 0.256% melee crit (agility increases spell power but not spell crit).
So we end up with
180 Haste/Mastery + 0.256% melee crit > 360 AP
600 crit = 1% crit so 154 crit would increase BOTH melee crit and spell crit by 0.256% so 0.256% melee crit is less than 154 crit rating (~77 crit maybe? assuming enhance is half melee half spell)
12/03/2012 03:06 PMPosted by Chillbros
Also, the enchant won't proc every minute exactly so its value is further devalued.
Couldn't agree more.
Should I be using my orc racial and on use agility trinket before popping wolves and FeT? They do benefit right?
Yes. It doesn't matter if it is before or after; they scale dynamically.
Interesting. I was unaware they were effected after they were out. Thanks.
11/25/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Saraquel
Thanks for the help. I was just noticing though, this post would be 100x easier to read through quickly and get the just of it if you didn't have a list of 28 abbreviations. I get the point, but it's a little frustrating to have to keep referencing back to the top post.

I agree. The amount of time you spent creating the key you coulda just made it easier on everyone and just wrote the whole name.
yeah except I always try to use the abbreviations when explaining things to people so its better for them to just learn them in case they have questions

and like I said they're not exactly hard to learn so yeah
Bump, please report for sticky :(
if I could report for sticky a second time I would :(
it sure would be easier to find this guide for reference if it were stickied...I guess they really do ignore us shamans :(