I'm thinking....Of something new. ((OOC))

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Greetings, Fellow Worlds End Tavern people.

Who am I? Great question, I'm Lia, I'm a familiar on these forums, bringing cookies of awesomeness and kickin' rear.

Now, with that out of the way, I've been having...iiddeeasss on a new thread for a while. Of course, I haven't exactly been around due to RL and lots of in-game stuff to keep me busy like a bee, so what ever I say now might not come out till sometime later, say a few weeks.

However

Here's the deal:

My idea is another relic thread, I've done one in the past called Relic of a Thousand Shadows, however this is one is (obviously) going to be very different. Not only that, it shall be Pandarian themed.

I was thinking of a powerful mogu artefact/relic that was taken from a Temple somewhere, brought to a hold out in <Insert Location here>, before a group of heros has to go in, take it back, and take it somwhere else. What I plan to have this relic do, is unknown, it will probably Sha or arcane related, either way, Horde and Alliance is gonna be breaking their backbone trying to get it while fighting each other in the process.

Now, before I continue, things are more than likely going to be changed and polished so it sounds more appealing and makes more sense, hence the reason why I made this thread.

Now, this will not be a thread where we try to unlock it's power and use it to stop wars or some huge baddie, no, this is more a defensive thread, where you're slowly going to be pushed further back and back while a certain group of people try to destroy said artifact, or perhaps utillize it for something good in the end (even though I said we are not trying to unlock it's potential)

In the thread you are going to be pushed further back, and back, and back, until you have to make your last defensive stand to give said people more time against the Horde and Alliance (Horde mostly because Garrosh and such). Now, this is where it shall get interesting. I was thinking, perhaps this said place was another old mogu temple, where there is traps and all. Some can use these traps once per stand to try and take out a decent amount of the enemy to lift the work load a bit, kind of like a tower defense sort of thing.

Thought this thread, there will be action. LOTS OF IT, with what I believe only two rest breaks for the heros later on as they lick their wounds and prepare for another battle the next day. What happens at the end, is still to be decided, but I can assure you that if you sign up a character that you don't want killed, they wont die, I'm to modest for that for I respect other people's characters.

Right now all the idea's are a bit jumbled, so this is why I make it to seek the creative aid of those who wish to seek interest in it. Leave you comments, your thoughts, even your cookies if you wanna. I shall review them all, and work on it from there. And please, no arguments, let's be civil, there is no "MY IDEA IS BETTER HUUUR" stuff here, all will be taken into consideration.

Lia~

:D
Small bump, just to keep it up on the page a bit.
This sounds like an amazing idea.
Great idea, but I sometimes like to kill off my character, I'm assuming thats possible too? I usually make a new one if Im planning on killing him/her, but it just adds more to the story.
As always Lia your ideas are amazing so when this thread goes up will people be able to sign up as Horde, Alliance, or people trying to destroy the relic? Or is everyone required to help the people destroy the relic, not that it matters to me if I sign up of course Sam is always neutral so he would be out to help destroy the relic anyway:P
12/01/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Delonn
Great idea, but I sometimes like to kill off my character, I'm assuming thats possible too? I usually make a new one if Im planning on killing him/her, but it just adds more to the story.

If you ARE okay with your character dieing, then sure, it's up to you, for I don't like to force character deaths on people.

As always Lia your ideas are amazing so when this thread goes up will people be able to sign up as Horde, Alliance, or people trying to destroy the relic? Or is everyone required to help the people destroy the relic, not that it matters to me if I sign up of course Sam is always neutral so he would be out to help destroy the relic anyway:P

It's more or less neutral people banding together to destroy it, so...yes, Horde toons and Ally toons...
I shall join said thread when said thread is up
Lia, you reserved on mah thread! Where you been?

Anyway, this sounds great, though you really should polish the summary more. I'd sign up.
I too would sign up for this when it comes available.
Off topic question before I begin but
11/30/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Liå
Who am I? Great question, I'm Lia, I'm a familiar on these forums, bringing cookies of awesomeness and kickin' rear.
If you're a regular on these forums then why did you need ask who you were? Wouldn't everyone already know who you are?

Edit:
11/30/2012 08:22 PMPosted by Liå
while a certain group of people try to destroy said artifact
Another off-topic question but if this relic is already properly secure in a Mogu temple and protected against intruders and there would be a group infiltrating to destroy it, then why may I ask would they decide to infiltrate the temple to destroy it? Seems kind of stupid to destroy the defenses of the temple that have already deterred intruders in the past in order to destroy a relic that no one's ever used. Can we have a bit of background information on the faction we're working for?
I think this is an interesting idea and would probably join up on my nelf hunter. The bones of the story seems sound and I think once the details are rounded out this should turn out to be quite fun.

12/03/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Vynathlon
if this relic is already properly secure in a Mogu temple and protected against intruders and there would be a group infiltrating to destroy it, then why may I ask would they decide to infiltrate the temple to destroy it?

Not to answer for Lia, but my thought on this is that the power of the relic is leaking out somehow (Sha related?) and causing some negative effect--this is what would have alerted people to the presence of the item. It needs to be destroyed before the effect gets worse or someone else slips in and figures out how to activate it. This leak would also be fairly recent but going on long enough for people to notice.

Why it started leaking and what the effect is would be up to the TM. Perhaps a Loremaster who has been studying the Mogu worked his way in and uncovered the artifact and triggered something accidentally or on purpose (his intellectual curiosity on what the thing does overrode his good sense). He could either be the one pushing for the artifact's destruction or just the trigger (and the group finds his corpse next to the item). There are quite a few holes in this idea, though... but at some point you just have to roll with the back story.

Seems kind of stupid to destroy the defenses of the temple that have already deterred intruders in the past in order to destroy a relic that no one's ever used.

This is a really good point. Again, not to answer for Lia, but my thought would be that a) it is an old temple, not all the traps work properly or have already been triggered; and b) the artifact is still leaking energy to the detriment of the land around it and needs to be neutralized.

It is also possible that it has been used, just not in a few hundred years. If the Mogu created it, then it would not have been used in a very long time and quite possibly forgotten about or considered a myth and not fact.
If you're a regular on these forums then why did you need ask who you were? Wouldn't everyone already know who you are?

Really? You had to ask that question? Really?

*Siiigghh* I'm not even going to answer that

Another off-topic question but if this relic is already properly secure in a Mogu temple and protected against intruders and there would be a group infiltrating to destroy it, then why may I ask would they decide to infiltrate the temple to destroy it? Seems kind of stupid to destroy the defenses of the temple that have already deterred intruders in the past in order to destroy a relic that no one's ever used. Can we have a bit of background information on the faction we're working for?

Details that I'm fleshing out as we speak. Yes, I'm well aware that said artifact was already in a temple, however, I'm going to say it's not as structurally sound as the other Temple said heros would be going to. This other Temple they are going to will be a lot different than the one they took the relic from, plus the other Temple would have the tools needed to both destroy the relic and hold off the forces.

Again, I'm working on it.