New Poison Ideas?

Rogue
Necrotic Poison = causes the target to bleed for XXX damage (activating Sanguinary Vein if specced.)
Necrosis: Death of cells or tissues through injury or disease, especially in a localized area of the body.

Besides the fact that poisons causing bleeding is stupid, Why would you name it necrotic..?
Necrosis: Death of cells or tissues through injury or disease, especially in a localized area of the body.

Besides the fact that poisons causing bleeding is stupid, Why would you name it necrotic..?

WoW a little harsh are we? Necrosis is what happens with certain snake bite where the poison causes cell structures to be consumed causing massive bleeding a result of Hemotoxin.
I'd rather just make the hemorrhage bleed work for sanguinary vein, really.
OP's right about hemotoxin, though I don't see the difference between SV being applied by a %chance poison and SV applied by Hemo.

Also it would make Deadly Poison redundant. I could see Subt getting a passive that converted Deadly Poison to a bleed (undispellable)...
replace necrotic with deadly and suddenly we basically have deadly poison, but worse
WoW a little harsh are we? Necrosis is what happens with certain snake bite where the poison causes cell structures to be consumed causing massive bleeding a result of Hemotoxin.

By that logic, we should have an attack (Snake bite, for easy reference), that injects said Necrotic poison, and leaves a bleeding wound.

Necrosis doesn't cause the bleeding, the hole where said poison was injected bleeds naturally.
I'd rather be able to use 2 utility poisons and one lethal, but thanks for trying anyway.
Or why not have a poison similar to a snakes venom that causes a stronger DoT every time it's applied. For example it stacks up maybe 5 times or so? What a fantastic idea!
Rigamortis Poison- it makes you hard (>_<)

how about a poison that reduces damage dealt to applier.
Rigamortis Poison- it makes you hard (>_<)

YES.
12/03/2012 02:13 PMPosted by Jackoblades
Or why not have a poison similar to a snakes venom that causes a stronger DoT every time it's applied. For example it stacks up maybe 5 times or so? What a fantastic idea!
Can't tell if sarcastic or just stupid.
Insanity Poison:

Poisons the target stacking 5 times. At 5 stacks fears them for 3 seconds.
How about an attack that injects your target with a hallucinogen which causes their computer to start up a random, pastel colored screen saver for 5 seconds and turns all other players hostile. Or maybe Blindness turns off their monitor for 5 seconds.
daggerballs poison: stab your foe in the balls poisoning them

poison poison: inject poison on your enemy, poisoning them, causing poison to deal poison damage. stacks 5 poison times.

frostbomb poison: inject frostbomb poison onto your enemies, inflicts frostbomb onto your target.
shiv effect: disarms your enemies boots replacing them with snowshoes.
No more stacking poisons >_<

12/04/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Pancakê
Can't tell if sarcastic or just stupid.
12/04/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Orises
Or maybe Blindness turns off their monitor for 5 seconds.

In D&DO this is actually what blind did; the game went black until you found someone to cleanse you. XD

You just had your basic UI elements and had to navigate via minimap.
Alcoholic Poison: Makes the target drunk.

Hic.
Alcoholic Poison: Makes the target drunk.

Hic.
Only if it makes their screen fuzzy :D (I forget what the option in Video Settings was called).
leech/paralytic/deadly/wound/crippling are all useful to the same degree regardless of your pvp opponent. Mind numbing is aimed toward casters.

What about a melee/hunter oriented poison?

Debilitating Poison
Reduces physical damage done by 2% per stack, stacks up to 5 times. On 5 stacks subsequent applications deal X dmg

edit: Shiv effect: nullify the damage of the target's next special ability

as a "lethal poison" i wouldnt give something like this too much damage though. just as how wound poison loses out to deadly in damage