Sturdy Tiger Trap Question.

Quests
So I went through the entire chain of getting the yak meat, trapping the tiger, and turning the tiger into Huntsman Blake. I've read you are supposed to be able to get a group together to fight said tiger to get an item you can turn in for rep once a day. Well, my problem is I'm not seeing the option to fight the tiger when I talk to him. Is there something I'm missing or is this potentially a bug?
I have the same problem. Did all three quests for the first time today. Got all the stupid low drop-rate items, caught all three, and turned all 3 into the hunstman to lock up in cages. Got a 5-man group together, spoke to the huntsman, and he talks about how it's bloody good sport out here or something. No option to fight any of the mobs. Thanks for wasting two hours of my time and 90 commissions for nothing.

Anybody know what random event might be keeping me from fighting these? I was thinking maybe someone in the group had previously fought one today and wasn't admitting it. Anyway, it is extremely frustrating. Please find an answer!
I am also running into this exact same problem. I did just the Crane quest.
Since tried in a 5-man group, solo, in a 4-man group, and then did the scenario with King Wrynn just to see if that was holding me back. Can't figure it out.
Did the crane, turned it in, got into a group and fought a couple fights against the crane and the crab and got nothing.

Would have expected at least something for all that work.
I bought all three quest items, (i.e. Sturdy Crane Crate) accepted each one, then tried to attain the crane feathers. Once an hour went by and I had gotten 4 (5 needed), I logged to take a break. About 2 hours later i logged back in and all 3 quests were gone from my quest log. I read that there was a hotfix to make these quest items consumable, but are they suppose to be self-abandoning if you relog? Anyone having the same problem, or is this suppose to happen?
The dailies introduced in 5.1 will disappear from your quest log when dailies reset. However, for these three "trap" quests, the items you have already obtained will remain in your inventory. You can spend another 30 tokens each to re-obtain the quests and continue gathering.
11/29/2012 01:00 PMPosted by Nimhfree
The dailies introduced in 5.1 will disappear from your quest log when dailies reset. However, for these three "trap" quests, the items you have already obtained will remain in your inventory. You can spend another 30 tokens each to re-obtain the quests and continue gathering.

Too bad i logged back in within the same day (only a couple of hours later) and they were gone.
^ still doesn't solve how this quest is a waste of my time and doesn't let me fight the mobs. Still unresolved as of 12/3/2012 on Vashj.
There seems to be a massive disconnect on these quests. If you buy the Sturdy Crane Snare, Sturdy Tiger Trap, or Sturdy Crab Crate, do the quests, and turn the beast in to Beastmaster Blake, you get absolutely nothing for your trouble.

On the other hand, the three beasts apparently spawn randomly, similarly to a rare elite or other world boss. You can then form a group, fight them and get 200 Operation Shieldwall Rep.

As far as I can tell, there's absolutely no point to the trapping quests, and doing the fight is just random timing. But Beastmaster Blake tells you to go get a group and come back to fight.

I think this needs to be fixed. Either award gold, valor, and rep for completing the trap quests, or make sure the chain can be completed right up to killing the beast, preferably both.
The beasts do not randomly appear. They appear in the cages when someone turns a "trapped beast" quest in. This is one of the reasons that there is a zone-wide announcement made when someone traps a beast. It gives you time to get to the battle pit before the quest for trapping the beast is turned in, thereby allowing you to participate in a possible impending battle (since many start a battle once they turn in a beast).
12/10/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Nimhfree
The beasts do not randomly appear. They appear in the cages when someone turns a "trapped beast" quest in. This is one of the reasons that there is a zone-wide announcement made when someone traps a beast.

I turned in a trapped beast quest. There was no zone-wide annoucement. All 3 cages had beasts in them but none of the cages were openable. I waited 10 minutes and nothing happened.
A GM ticket informed me this is a known bug.
Still having problems with these quests as of 12:00PM 12/30/12.
And three years later this quest is still broken! WTG BLIZZ!

Tried this on two separate occasions and have gotten nothing. Also "A kind of magic" and "Resource Gathering" randomly bugs too. I'm 80 fking rep from exalted. Ty so much for this. GJ blizz. Gj.