What am I doing wrong?

Warlock
Ok, so I'm sure a lot of people are going to call me a n00b, and some may call me a troll, but I honestly have no idea what I"m doing wrong. Affliction locks are supposed to be great for PvE right now, and I can't seem to get off the bottom of the charts for DPS (according to the add-on Recount).

I'm sure you can click on my picture and see my current glyphs/talents/equipment to get an idea where I stand there.

My equipment is not great by any means since we just really started raiding. I've gem stoned up everything but my newest raid find (Which I will) and have even tried some of the re-forgings since so many sources promote master for us 'locks.

My rotation is:

Curse of the Elements, Haunt, Soul Shard + Soul Swap (applying all DoTs), Malefic Grasp until I can haunt again. If it is a boss I usually rinse and repeat this process for quite some time, but if there are multiple targets I will use Soul Swap to get my DoTs off before they expire and dump them on the other target. I use Soul Drain instead of Malefic Grasp if target is at less than 20% and will often use it to finish off trash mobs to get my shards back. I also have some engineering buffs I use to increase my stats temporarily as well as summon my demon on bosses whenever it is off cooldown.

I know I sometimes forget to cast my self-buffs, but I don't think that is what is causing me to be at the BOTTOM of the DPS charts every time. Please give me advice! I'm not new to MMOs, but I've only had 9 months with WoW so this is my first time really doing raids "at-level". I wouldn't consider myself a stupid person or a bad player but at the last raid I did someone commented on my performance it was down right embarrassing. :-P

Thanks for the help!
You don't have a single piece of gear enchanted, and are also missing a lot of gems. Fix that first.
15% hit cap, 4717 haste 1st haste point, then mastery gl
as was also said u are missing gems and chants, and buy looking at your gear and reforges u are prob missing a lot.
Ok, I readjusted a bit now. I haven't hit a raid again yet, but I'll be sure to let ya'll know how I do! Thanks!
Apparently I should have done more than implied what to do with your gear. Enchant everything that can be enchanted, not only half of it. Additionally, your focus for gemming at your gear level should be intellect, not mastery. And reforge your gear to meet that 4717 corruption haste threshold. Additionally, the hit cap is optional. If you can react to misses appropriately, you would be best with less hit. I personally aim for 12% hit, the hit cap on level 92 mobs.
you have grimoire of sacrifice and glyph of demon training?
Yeah, I do some dailies and non dung/raid PvE stuff and its been helpful. I'd love to replace it with something else, but none of the other glyphs have really appealed. There is one that causes UA to crit if dispelled, but....I'm not sure how often that comes up.

I was considering lowering hit, but I heard the haste cap for corruption isn't worth the focus...? I was also told mastery was the way to go (apparently it scales for teh DoT damage quicker than Int does?)

Then again, I was mostly using Ask Mr. Robot for my info so I'm not sure how accurate it is. :-)

Edit - I'm waiting for the other enchants I need to show up on the AH for non-stupid amounts. :-P
Haste cap is definitely the prime focus for aff. The extra ticks on your dots are much better then guaranteed hit. And, as mentioned, even a 12% hit cap will still do pretty well. Truth be told, even after you're haste capped, hit still isn't your most critical stat, mastery is.

As far as glyphs go, I'd recommend replacing demon training with soul consume. Every time you kill an enemy with drain soul (which is what you should be killing enemies with), you get back 20% of your health. Even if you rarely take damage, it's still useful, which is more then can be said of demon traing + gosac.

Edit: also, won't have an major effect on your DPS, but I'd cast haunt after applying your dots, in order to avoid a the first bit of time being wasted, since unlike CotE, you won't have haunt up all the time. But, again, that will have no real effect.
As far as glyphs go, I'd recommend replacing demon training with soul consume

I wouldn't, that glyph is useless for raiding. Siphon Soul or Soulstone are much better glyphs.
11/30/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Hoimen
I wouldn't, that glyph is useless for raiding. Siphon Soul or Soulstone are much better glyphs.

Soul Consumption is actually quite powerful on fights with adds.
11/30/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Hoimen
As far as glyphs go, I'd recommend replacing demon training with soul consume

It's not that is useful, just that it's not as useless.