Blizzard, Are You Serious? More Dailies?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 21 Next
I love these 5.1 dailies - they seem like everyday zone quests to me, and I love that about them. They actually make it seem (and actually do) like I am making a difference in that area. I am quite happy that there are dailies out there that aren't bland and boring to me - these are the first dailies I have ever done in 6 years of playing World of Warcraft that I actually want to do; and I wish that there was more than 5 or 6 to do down there each day because I would do them.
11/29/2012 08:48 PMPosted by Pandemagium
When my subscription runs out tomorrow, I'm not renewing. The first time I've ever looked forward to my game time expiring in the last 6 years.

If this is your declaration that you are leaving WoW, if I were Blizzard, I wouldn't worry one bit about losing your business... the fact that you are still here, demanding the game be made to suit you, shows that you won't leave, or if you do, you'll be back. All you are doing is blowing smoke and trying to get your way.

If you have been playing WoW for 6 years, then you know there are other ways of getting gear.

I didn't want to do dailies on my alt at the same time I was doing dailies on my main... so all I did on my alt was queue for dungeons....my alt was gearing up faster than my main just by doing dungeons!
As of this moment I don't mind the new dailies. It's something fresh (for the moment). Also rewards a Flying Mount, so I'm game. Not bad trinket's either. I just wish it had more PvP related rewards.

I absolutely hate pretty much every other daily though. I'm lucky to get 90 charms a week at this point.
11/29/2012 09:12 PMPosted by Enhancement
Would you be satisfied, then, if those items just didn't exist at all, for anyone? Then you would not feel forced to repeat tasks you despise in order to get them.

Correct, If the items didn't exist then there would be no need to do the dailies and therefore the dailies wouldn't exists.

thank you very much.

How about instead of dailies, Bring back the BC days where I would spam dungeons for rep.

Players may think that is repetitive, but compared to dailies which content block me for hours until reset. I could spend hours upon hours collecting rep in dungeons, with no restrictions.

That system in BC was better because all that was needed was time. Not sitting around waiting for something.

There is a reason why player numbers for wow have been dropping.
11/29/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Honey
When my subscription runs out tomorrow, I'm not renewing. The first time I've ever looked forward to my game time expiring in the last 6 years.

If this is your declaration that you are leaving WoW, if I were Blizzard, I wouldn't worry one bit about losing your business... the fact that you are still here, demanding the game be made to suit you, shows that you won't leave, or if you do, you'll be back. All you are doing is blowing smoke and trying to get your way.

If you have been playing WoW for 6 years, then you know there are other ways of getting gear.

I didn't want to do dailies on my alt at the same time I was doing dailies on my main... so all I did on my alt was queue for dungeons....my alt was gearing up faster than my main just by doing dungeons!

You were getting 489 gear from dungeons? Seems unlikely. Previously, we also had JP as an option, but this time they decided to make JP gear lower iLvl from heroics for some asinine reason.

And just because my sub is about expire, I should stop using what I've already paid for? No, I'm going to use up every last second of what's left of my sub, tyvm.
If you people really did as many dailies as you said you did, you'd have long been exalted by now.In any case, I'm a high-end raider. I still am not exalted with half of the Pandaren reps. They are NOT in any way, shape, or form mandatory.My problem with this crap is that Blizzard are content blocking all of us.What?1) Look at my reps.2) Look at my gear.How exactly did me not doing dailies prevent me from getting gear? Valor gear isn't even that good.

Well not everyone is carried till your geared like you. Go ask all the people who geared you, and see how many dailys they did. Yea nice try. Can't pull off that kind of trick over us - oh look at me im geared and no dailys - Yeahhhhh you didnt do the nail breaking work... Neither did I, JUST LOOK AT MY PRETTY GEAR.
11/29/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Banronrn
If you people really did as many dailies as you said you did, you'd have long been exalted by now.In any case, I'm a high-end raider. I still am not exalted with half of the Pandaren reps. They are NOT in any way, shape, or form mandatory.My problem with this crap is that Blizzard are content blocking all of us.What?1) Look at my reps.2) Look at my gear.How exactly did me not doing dailies prevent me from getting gear? Valor gear isn't even that good.

Well not everyone is carried till your geared like you. Go ask all the people who geared you, and see how many dailys they did. Yea nice try. Can't pull off that kind of trick over us - oh look at me im geared and no dailys - Yeahhhhh you didnt do the nail breaking work... Neither did I, JUST LOOK AT MY PRETTY GEAR.

Any non plate gear would have been taken from the other healers in their team too, unless somehow heal gear drops every week and every raid night
11/29/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Maehara
You're wrong there.

Plz continue, You didn't give me any information to understand your argument.

or is that all you have?
11/29/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Maehara
I could spend hours upon hours collecting rep in dungeons, with no restrictions. Not sitting around waiting for something.
You're wrong there.

The only restriction on regular dungeons was getting a group to do them. Heroics were once per day, but you could run regular until lockouts reset. There was no limit on Obsidium Warbeads for Maghar. There were no limits on netherwing eggs. There was no limit on Arroka Feathers, sanguine hibiscus, or unidentified plant parts.
11/29/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Pandemagium
You were getting 489 gear from dungeons? Seems unlikely.

Ahh, you are looking at the gear I'm wearing now... I didn't state at what point my alt was gearing up faster. My alt is doing dailies now along with dungeons, and has decent gear, but at one point she had better gear than my main.

11/29/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Pandemagium
And just because my sub is about expire, I should stop using what I've already paid for? No, I'm going to use up every last second of what's left of my sub, tyvm.

Hang out as long as you like, I wasn't saying you shouldn't. All I was saying is that you are way to passionate about this game to just walk away... you will come back... and you'll more than likely find some other aspect of the game you want changed and throw another tantrum.
11/29/2012 09:15 PMPosted by Lightbreeze
Would you be satisfied, then, if those items just didn't exist at all, for anyone? Then you would not feel forced to repeat tasks you despise in order to get them.

Correct, If the items didn't exist then there would be no need to do the dailies and therefore the dailies wouldn't exists.

thank you very much.

Dailies would still exist even without epic items because Blizzard understands that some people like questing and like the lore aspects of the current daily quests. Do you really believe questing is just going to go away?

How about instead of dailies, Bring back the BC days where I would spam dungeons for rep.

Players may think that is repetitive, but compared to dailies which content block me for hours until reset. I could spend hours upon hours collecting rep in dungeons, with no restrictions.

I don't recall being able to spam dungeons for Skyguard, Ogri'la, or Netherwing rep. I mean, hey, I'm happy you liked being able to spam dungeons for your Lower City rep. I wonder, however, if you have forgotten about the 1-per-day rule on heroics back in BC?

That system in BC was better because all that was needed was time. Not sitting around waiting for something.

There is a reason why player numbers for wow have been dropping.

Again, Blizzard makes their decisions based on the actual numbers they have using their internal tools. They don't do this stuff randomly. They don't do it to intentionally troll players or any other bizarre reason like that. You ought to consider whether your play preferences (which are perfectly fine and valid, btw) might actually not be as popular as you think they are.
11/29/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Pandemagium
You're wrong there.

The only restriction on regular dungeons was getting a group to do them. Heroics were once per day, but you could run regular until lockouts reset. There was no limit on Obsidium Warbeads for Maghar. There were no limits on netherwing eggs. There was no limit on Arroka Feathers, sanguine hibiscus, or unidentified plant parts.

Those are true, except there were limits to how far some of those turn-ins could take you. Some of them. Not all of them. It's like how you could feasibly grind out Cenarion Circle exalted in one sitting if you kept doing the crystal spawns. Your point is a good one.
11/29/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Pandemagium

Omg someone that understands!!

And I will agree that it was difficult to obtain a group sometimes, but I prefer that system over this LFG bull!@#$.

Back then It was more of a bonding experience where we stick together to complete the dungeons and could possibly make friends in the process. Now with this LFG system.. noone gives a sh/t at all, trolls everywhere.
11/29/2012 09:20 PMPosted by Delanei
Any non plate gear would have been taken from the other healers in their team too, unless somehow heal gear drops every week and every raid night

Um yea - acctually almost every LFR I get a new peice. Havnt been able to do anyreal raids :( but um I dont see how what ur saying has anything to do with what I said. The chick is in plate. She said shes in a harcore w/e raiding guild, so that means she raids every week. Its super likely that she was carryied through the raid.... I personaly think you quoted the wrong person lololol
11/29/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Darkly
However - and I've only scanned these topics - what else should Blizzard implement to keep people interested and progressing? =/

a) Split 10/25 lockouts
b) Challenging queueable 5m content
c) Challenging world PvE events (beyond weekly lockouts on 40m raid bosses)
d) Relevant rewards from challenge modes
e) Epic one-time max-level questlines (gated if necessary, but not by rep), preferably with group components
f) Access to a 10m 'easy' raid difficulty (LFR-level damage, but normal mechanics) with a normal loot system and LFR-level loot (sharing lockout with LFR) for organized raid groups
g) Cut valor rewards to LFR item levels, delete charms, and otherwise reduce daily rewards so dailies aren't obviously the single most rewarded casual activity in the game, so players feel free to choose other activities without gimping themselves
h) Buff JP loot so it's actually an upgrade over dungeon gear (ideally just below LFR)

Any one of the above would be a positive step. Three or more would probably 'fix' the problem.
11/29/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Delanei
You will do the dailies and you will like it!

I will, and I do.