Why Thrall should die.

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 26 Next
I refuse to listen to another alliance main talk about how THEY know the moral rights of Azeroth and how THEY know how to fix the Horde.

Seriously, it's getting tiring.

From what I skimmed over the authors points, he does make some good ones.
Is this a good time to mention that any presumption of ownership over the Horde or Alliance are not safe due to the fact that as members, we are not, on either side, a democracy?
Right... shame on Thrall for going off and saving the world. He's totally a traitor for helping to save all of us. Yes, he even saved you, Nelf.

And Garrosh, adored? WHAT? What planet are you on?

I stopped reading after the 1st one...
Thrall and Garrosh would mean a lot more to the Horde as fallen heroes than feuding warlords. They both exemplify the best and worst aspects of the Horde, and if they were to both die, I could see the new Warchief considering which path to follow, Garrosh's strong but isolated path, or Thrall's diplomatic but weak (by orcish standards) path.

Might make for a better arc for the Horde.

11/30/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Ngatayou
Azeroth is going to need a Guardian of Tirisfal if the Legion is coming.

That would be Med'an.
You don't need to worry about Thrall from what I did when I play the leveling a Troll on the Horde side I over heard that conversation with Vol'jin and Thrall had from what I understand he has no intentions of coming back to the Horde he is now leader of Earth Ring which is fine by me.

I hope Vol'jin becomes leader of the Horde the problem is they put him out of commission in one of the Scenario storyline which pissed me off because I like his character.
You don't need to worry about Thrall from what I did when I play the leveling a Troll on the Horde side I over heard that conversation with Vol'jin and Thrall had from what I understand he has no intentions of coming back to the Horde he is now leader of Earth Ring which is fine by me.

I hope Vol'jin becomes leader of the Horde the problem is they put him out of commission in one of the Scenario storyline which pissed me off because I like his character.

No. They've confirmed Thrall is coming back to the Horde.
Well stated OP and I could NOT agree more, Thrall needs to die for all your stated reasons.

No. They've confirmed Thrall is coming back to the Horde.

Where was this?
11/30/2012 03:56 AMPosted by Enekie
1. The Orcs don't like him.

I read this and what followed, looked at #2, and decided you were wasting our time.

Good day.

: )
I read the first post. My only response?

wut
I don't think Thrall should die. But I do think that we need to stop thinking of him a member of the Horde.

He should be considered the Guardian of Tirisfal and should be elevated to that spot. I'm sure Aegwynn could appear out of nowhere and elevate him since she is seemingly immortal.

Azeroth is going to need a Guardian of Tirisfal if the Legion is coming.

That doesn't even make sense. He's a Shaman not a Mage.

I agree Thrall should die. He honestly should of been close to death in fighting Deathwing, I think him channeling that kind of Power should of cost him dearly and he should of been on deaths door.

Then with Thrall near death Garrosh feels like there is no one standing in his way to mold the Horde to his image, which hes doing right now but honestly the fact that Thrall isn't intervening is quite shocking. This would lead to Garrosh looking deeper and deeper for power which causes him to become astray from his purpose of being Warchief, leading to the Siege of Orgrimmar.

Now with Garrosh dead, and Thrall on his last breath he tells the Horde(mainly you Orcs) of their mistake and Garrosh mistake and there is a huge long speech etc... Then Garrosh promoted someone else to Warchief and gives another speech, with that Aggra and her newly born baby(gross) stay by Thrall side while he dies.

Thats how I imagine it should of been. Although it won't happen I hope Thrall dies in a fight with Garrosh.
just being a great character shouldnt' be a reason not to kill someone off if it makes sense story-wise. I'm ambivalent on Thrall dying, story wise. I don't think it's required but it could work.

But really, the game's been pretty hit or miss as far as story telling goes; Vanilla certainly had some awesome story moments (Morgan Ladimore in Duskwood for instance, or a few of the sadder plaugelands quest)
I for one, agree with this Alliance pig. Damned be that pathetic excuse for an Orc, if I had my way, his head would be hanging from a pole atop of our glorious city's ramparts. The fool tried to reason with the Alliance, betrayed his people, and didn't understand our thirst for blood.. The blood of weaklings like you, Night Elf.

Garrosh Hellscream on the other hand, a Champion of the Horde, Warchief of our armies, a true leader of the Horde. We were created to be a unified people under the aspect of war... and Thrall sought for peace. His time with you humans must have softened his heart. For many years, he supported behind our backs this treacherous Alliance, this disorganized rabble.

Even my own leader, Vol'jin. I be having doubts about his ability to lead the Darkspear. He stood against the Horde numerous times, plotting to kill our savior, our messiah, Garrosh. He is lucky to have even escaped and murdered one of Garrosh's generals in "Dagger in the Dark", and were it up to me, I would have laid the final word of death to destroy him right there on the spot.

Garrosh is merciful however. He chooses military targets to attack despite the Alliance's cowardly failed Naval attack on Orgrimmar, where our civilians make home and sit in the warmth of their great city. Garrosh is a great Commander, his power is unmatched.

Was Thrall, this epitome of a Shaman able to summon Molten Giants to reign fire down upon the cowardly Alliance at the battle of Northwatch Hold. Was Thrall intelligent enough to bring Magnataur into the forests of Ashenvale. No, mon, he wasn't. And even now, as I sit in Pandaria bringing glory to the Horde for our warchief, I can't help but smile knowning that Thrall, this failed warchief sits with the Earthen Ring attempting to mend a world already healed by the Horde's power. His death will come if he attempts to stop Garrosh, As did Cairne, the "noble" leader of the Tauren. At least Baine has more common sense to stay away from our great leader, this savior of the Horde.

The time of the Horde is now, Night Elf. You best run while you have the chance, because Hellscream's eyes are upon you, and he ain't gonna let you get far...
11/30/2012 01:18 PMPosted by Doraume
hrall is the greatest WoW character and leader ever. Didn't even have to read your post besides title.

I agree.

100%.
11/30/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Lepos
Where was this?

Roll a Troll do the quest you will see.
Thrall is fine.

Kill Go'el.