Blizzard trying to discourage lfr?

General Discussion
...Since no one apparently knows how to use the search function...

Completing a partially finished LFR puts you in a priority slot for a fresh one. This is why you stay and play the game instead of AFKing like a selfentitled turd.
LFR is raiding in name only. Comparing LFR to the social pressures and interactions that exist amongst/between a long standing and established raid group is borderline trolling.
which part of my post said anything about a "long standing and established raid group"?

i said RAIDING in and of itself required other players in order to get what you want... you CAN NOT solo current raids was my point...

sure, you can wait around till someone that needs the same thing you need happens to join LFR, but that will cause EVERYONE to wait longer then they want to for an LFR group - helping others get what they want so you can get what you want will ALWAYS be the fastest way in LFR because completing a partially finished LFR puts you in a priority slot for a fresh one

Completing a partially finished LFR puts you in a priority slot for a fresh one. This is why you stay and play the game instead of AFKing like a selfentitled turd.

When everyone leaves after 2/6, everyone has priority. And when everyone has priority, priority means nothing. You underestimate the amount of players in a battlegroup.

this is great for the ones who finished the last boss but still have the first two or three bosses to kill.

what about those who killed the first two bosses and are coming back after a break, school, sleep, work or dinner to do the last boss? i surely do not want to be in a priority list to start from the beginning again.

When everyone leaves after 2/6, everyone has priority. And when everyone has priority, priority means nothing. You underestimate the amount of players in a battlegroup.
when instance creation is bottlenecked by all of the 2/6, helping them finish is the ONLY way to get FRESH instances created...
11/30/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Whàles
Well lets look at it this way. If you bailed on your guild raid because you didn't need any of the items the last 2 bosses dropped, you wouldn't be raiding for long...

Oh, you've never left an lfd group early? I'm not Santa Claus. I don't queue for lfr just to get other people loot. Why are people to be expected to do that?

I don't.

And I have only once. Had to leave. As in, I had to be somewhere and it was taking a little longer than expected. Had I not had that appointment, I wouldn't have left. ><

And I stuck through the Elegon wipes before leaving.
11/30/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Whàles
Well lets look at it this way. If you bailed on your guild raid because you didn't need any of the items the last 2 bosses dropped, you wouldn't be raiding for long...

Oh, you've never left an lfd group early? I'm not Santa Claus. I don't queue for lfr just to get other people loot. Why are people to be expected to do that?

so by your theory

we should ALL go into LFD/LFR for ONE boss, and leave

... then QQ about queue times

interesting, tell me more
11/30/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Zaxan
helping others get what they want so you can get what you want will ALWAYS be the fastest way in LFR because completing a partially finished LFR puts you in a priority slot for a fresh one

Actually a wipe is the fastest way to get what I want.

we should ALL go into LFD/LFR for ONE boss, and leave ... then QQ about queue times

Since the complaints are that people can't get more than one boss because of this change I'd say that claiming we're only after "one boss" is a poorly thought out accusation.

11/30/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Zaxan
when instance creation is bottlenecked by all of the 2/6, helping them finish is the ONLY way to get FRESH instances created...

I was getting fresh runs before the change, after the change I can not. Just because there's an awful lot of partial queues to fill doesn't mean there aren't new ones able to be formed.

Logic is real nice, but irrelevant when people don't behave that way.
Just my two cents here. People are complaining because they can no longer fish for queues. Yet when they do so they are feeling self entitled because there are many other people sitting in an unfinished raid hoping for people to join so they can finish.

Now from what i know of my experience with computers and servers, there is a maximum amount of LFR instances that can be created at one time. The more people decline to queue for these there will be fewer new raids created. and you are less likely to get a fresh raid as there are not very many available. which is why they can not guarantee you will get a fresh run after finishing a completed one.

As for Blizzard wasting "your" time, it's not just your time. We are all paying customers of this game. And as such nobody is entitled to anything more than anybody else. If you fish for a queue you are in essence wasting the time of others who are waiting for more players so they can finish their raid. You are not the only one playing this game and as such should not be self entitled. You are not the only one there for gear. I lose respect for people that think it is all about themselves.
11/30/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Sadir

so by your theory

we should ALL go into LFD/LFR for ONE boss, and leave

... then QQ about queue times

interesting, tell me more

I don't care about queue times, I care about being unable to get possible reward for said queue times just because. If I was Santa Claus I would queue up for lfr and lfd all day to help down bosses and expect nothing in return, but I'm sorry, I can't live up to the standard.
Blizzard isn't trying to discourage LFR, they're trying to help it for the majority of people who were getting screwed by people jumping out of queues. Same reason they did it for LFD, so I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this.
11/30/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Aqularia
You are not the only one there for gear. I lose respect for people that think it is all about themselves.

So...instead of tricking players, how about making those already killed bosses worth killing again? Best of both worlds. LFRs get finished, and players don't completely waste time.
11/30/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Whàles
I don't care about queue times,
use your unlimited time to form your own groups then - the rest of us queuing do care about queue times
11/30/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Actually a wipe is the fastest way to get what I want.
nope - you can wipe as many runs as you want - that does NOT make room for a FRESH instance to be created when instance creation is CAPPED
Just my two cents here. People are complaining because they can no longer fish for queues. Yet when they do so they are feeling self entitled because there are many other people sitting in an unfinished raid hoping for people to join so they can finish.

Now from what i know of my experience with computers and servers, there is a maximum amount of LFR instances that can be created at one time. The more people decline to queue for these there will be fewer new raids created. and you are less likely to get a fresh raid as there are not very many available. which is why they can not guarantee you will get a fresh run after finishing a completed one.

As for Blizzard wasting "your" time, it's not just your time. We are all paying customers of this game. And as such nobody is entitled to anything more than anybody else. If you fish for a queue you are in essence wasting the time of others who are waiting for more players so they can finish their raid. You are not the only one playing this game and as such should not be self entitled. You are not the only one there for gear. I lose respect for people that think it is all about themselves.

I understand that, and I'm starting to realize it's exactly true. Blizzard wants to discourage using lfr for gear, and that's exactly what you're saying. Currently, I don't run lfr for fun becuase it's filled with people who don't speak my language, I run it for gear. I prefer to get out as soon as possible. I imagine some people like yourself will continue to run lfr after you no longer need gear from it, because it isn't about you or your fun, it's about others. I can't live up to that standard.

A wise man one said "the needs of the many are greater than the needs of the few". 24 other people aren't there for your enjoyment.

And I shouldn't be expected to be there for theirs.

If you're joining the raid, you are expected to be there for theirs. If you're not, you get kicked, because you're not a team player & don't deserve the raid spot.
11/30/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Zaxan
I don't care about queue times,
use your unlimited time to form your own groups then - the rest of us queuing do care about queue times

I can make my own lfr group? I would gladly do that! Please tell me how!
As for Blizzard wasting "your" time, it's not just your time.

Actually it is just my time. Who's elses time is it if not mine?

If you fish for a queue you are in essence wasting the time of others who are waiting for more players so they can finish their raid.

I'm not wasting anyone's time by not wanting to play with that particular group, anymore than I'm personally clubbing baby seals because I didn't donate every cent I have to the relevant wildlife foundation. They already get priority on fill ins so they get enough of a bonus without feeling entitled to my playtime as well.