Monk Survivability

Arenas
Let monks have the ability to switch to Ox Stance.

Thank you for your time.
I approve this message.
Monks survivability is fine they are not dks or wars so no stance swapping bs. You just need to learn to play I survive fine just learn to kite and use your heals
11/22/2012 09:56 AMPosted by Xl
Monks survivability is fine they are not dks or wars so no stance swapping bs. You just need to learn to play I survive fine just learn to kite and use your heals

No
11/22/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Bellathissa

No

I will agree that we are not those aforementioned classes, but we do possess the ability to tank. Why do DKs warriors and druids all get to switch into their tanking stances for survivability and we are not?
Monks are still a class of stances, so whats the difference between them and warriors?

And by the way, I doubt you survive just fine at 2k rating in 3v3.
we definitely need access to our tanking stance.
What type of monks are we talking here?
i got my monk to 90 and realized how bad windwalker is. We r the most pointless hybrid class. No good utility, no good offheals, nothing. We got nothing but stuns tht drs with every1 else because every1 in game has a stun, and a paralysis that breaks on white damage because of latency issues and we have no glyph that removes dots for paralysis. We have no way to get out of cc except for pvp trinket. We cant use fortifying brew while stunned. Touch of karma and diffuse magic are. We have a casting time on transcendence transfer which is also stupid. Chi wave glitches out and sometimes doesnt even bounce so u pretty much waste 2 chi on a 13k heal. Spinning fireblossom is our range root, but roots for 1 second. This move also has to be aimed at people and if fighting mage, it has a chance to hit the elemental.
11/22/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Mercuryl
Why do DKs warriors and druids all get to switch into their tanking stances for survivability and we are not?

You know that DKs die easily through Blood Presence nowadays yeah?
So please remove DK from the list, they are squishier than cloth wearers.

Doesn't matter if they die while in blood presence; warriors and druids can die in their defensive stances. I only care about being able to switch into my tanking stance to relieve pressure on my healer in arena.
i'd love it if they made dematerialize an actual skill instead of the passive.
id love it if they made touch of karma an ability that you could cast on yourself or another friendly player. would make us being able to help out teammates an option.
Monk mobility is too high. They don't deserve more survivability.

Killing one as a caster is like bashing your head against a wall, unless you're a Mage. Killing a Mistweaver Monk as a Mage is 100% impossible.
^^^ Bad Troll!

11/22/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Yenpanda
Killing one as a caster is like bashing your head against a wall, unless you're a Mage. Killing a Mistweaver Monk as a Mage is 100% impossible.

NSS
Well killing a healer by yourself as any class should be impossible. 2 DPS can destroy me if they both pop everything and I get no peels. But 1 person has to OOM me first. Which is kind of silly because no other healer gets pressured enough from one person to go to 0 mp in 30 seconds
11/22/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Clisting
Well killing a healer by yourself as any class should be impossible. 2 DPS can destroy me if they both pop everything and I get no peels. But 1 person has to OOM me first. Which is kind of silly because no other healer gets pressured enough from one person to go to 0 mp in 30 seconds

We have a major problem then cause half the classes in this game can solo healers. Monks included.
Also, monk survivability is alright, difuse/dampen harm being usable while cc'd would be 1 thing, but other then that, I don't think they really need it, you need to be comfortable peeling for yourself, Kinda like all melee do to some extent, (sadly dk's can't do it anymore cause desecration gone)
11/22/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Valordian
Why do DKs warriors and druids all get to switch into their tanking stances for survivability and we are not?

You're aware your class has the highest single target sustained damage in the game, By a huge amount right? You're also aware your class has more escapes/immunity's then any other class in this game right?

You're aware your class has the highest single target sustained damage in the game, By a huge amount right? You're also aware your class has more escapes/immunity's then any other class in this game right?

Immunities maybe but escapes? Please.
Mist weaver is the only spec i can't solo kill as a mage. but i do belive that wind walker needs more survival and utility to help out team mates