Daily droprates: this isn't fun, Blizzard

General Discussion
why can't I heal for my dailies?

Can't even properly heal target dummies! ;)

Ya I know... but there's a quest in ... I think Grizzly Hills where you help a Druid kill some big bear thing. And you tell him what you need. IE: he needs to be a tank, healer or dps.

I could pick tank or dps and just keep him alive and be done with the quest without any pains. Why can't the dailies be more like that... where you get a buddy to go with you and they are whatever you need them to be.

Mists of Pandaria was supposed to be the 'play how you want to play' expansion... and don't get me wrong I am LOVING everything... but I hit 90 recently and started doing dailies. I want to do them... but because I want to play as a healer I can't do the dailies. The mobs are respawning in the time it takes me to kill them to get to an item on the ground so I can loot it.

Anyways... I hope that made sense I'm passing out on my keyboard so I'm going to go to bed now! :D

edit: sorry for sleepy editing/double posts >.<
Farming crane mats on a low-pop server took me around 20 minutes.
Yeah, I have some problems with this daily quest as well, the pit were you fight the elite monster is right in the middle of battle, what means Alliance players everywere, kill the elite monster with more then 10 enemy players attacking your group is kind hard, we've been trying all day and I tell you it's impossible.
Blizzard can you just confirm the maximum trap quest per day is one? I picked up all three quests - it wasn't really clear only one could be completed per day.

Ta
The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), a player can go farm up the materials to summon one of the 5-person bosses who are then trapped in a cage - and from there everyone can fight it. If there are already animals in the cages there is no need to go out into the field to gather materials to summon another. Everyone can fight the boss and get credit for it (and rep), and killing a boss is a daily, so there's no need to kill more than one.

The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day.

The problem isn't the low drop rate, its the low availability of mobs. Like the crane mobs. There is a total of about 5 or 6 for THE ENTIRE SERVER. This isn't just for this patch either. Some of the other dailies also have very very little spawns for the entire server.
Props to the Op.

While this seems to be for only this one quest, there are so many daily quests to do at level 90 that having a bunch with low drop rates is just painful.

I'd much rather have "go kill 30 of these" then "go get 5 of that" - even if getting 5 means I only need to kill 15 guys.

The problem isn't the low drop rate, its the low availability of mobs. Like the crane mobs. There is a total of about 5 or 6 for THE ENTIRE SERVER. This isn't just for this patch either. Some of the other dailies also have very very little spawns for the entire server.

And this. On Mal'Ganis - a daily quest that only takes a minute to do could take much, MUCH longer or even be impossible to complete.

A low drop rate on a quest item only makes it more tedious. I'm thinking of one of the tillers quests - where you go kill goats/rams or something on the mountain top? I gave up after a while.
I agree with it being hard to do the boss part at the horde side because of all the alli players and npcs being all around you. You spend as much time fighting them off as u do the boss. Not only that, but the alli can fly around us with hardly any interference from our guards and drop down to screw with us. If we try to fly at any hight at their base we get one shotted of our mounts and then either die or land in the middle of mobs. Don't see that happening to the alli that come to the horde base.
You should read GC's Twitter feed sometime. Everything that they're doing is an attempt to keep you online and giving you something, anything to do rather than logging off.

Whether it's actually fun or not seems to be secondary to this overarching goal.
11/27/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Rygarius
The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), a player can go farm up the materials to summon one of the 5-person bosses who are then trapped in a cage - and from there everyone can fight it.

Why punish people that can solo the quest with the expectation that you have 5 people farming the mats? It isn't like these things are hard to kill.
11/27/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Sevensnumtwo
Quit complaining. look @ opening of AQ the steaks off the mobs for the chimearak chops where 30 minute respawns, and always being fought for. spending 1 hour here wont kill you.

Did having to waste that amount of time trying to farm crap instead of doing things that you actually had fun doing really make the game a better experience for you? Time to stop with the "it's great the Vanilla grinds are back" comments because only masochists ever enjoyed them. We're here to play a game to have fun, not to prove how awesome we are because we're willing to suffer endlessly.

You should read GC's Twitter feed sometime. Everything that they're doing is an attempt to keep you online and giving you something, anything to do rather than logging off.

Whether it's actually fun or not seems to be secondary to this overarching goal.

This is the point where people stop coming online and stay logged out because it just isn't fun. If Blizzard wants players to stay online and active, they need to give players things to do that are actually enjoyable.
The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), a player can go farm up the materials to summon one of the 5-person bosses who are then trapped in a cage - and from there everyone can fight it. If there are already animals in the cages there is no need to go out into the field to gather materials to summon another. Everyone can fight the boss and get credit for it (and rep), and killing a boss is a daily, so there's no need to kill more than one.

Ok fine, so this quest is supposed to be terrible grindy nonsense. If you keep it this way, what incentive do you provide for people to do it? There is no rep gain whatsoever associated with completing this quest, that was the biggest slap in the face when I finished it earlier today after 45 mins of competing with other players for cranes that evade bugged. If we're providing a service to the rest of our faction, shouldn't we get a ton of rep? 1k would be nice since the rest of the faction can now obtain additional rep from the fruits of your labor. On the other hand, you could just increase the droprate to 50% with no rep changes.
i will never do this quest again, its not fun. you can keep it in the way it is blizz, i wont do it.
Quit complaining. look @ opening of AQ the steaks off the mobs for the chimearak chops where 30 minute respawns, and always being fought for. spending 1 hour here wont kill you.

So because something else YEARS AND YEARS ago was excessively painful and obnoxious that only a select few would do, it is okay for other quests in the present to be painful and obnoxious to everyone?

fail logic

Was that enjoyable for you? You want to go back and do that again?
"A bit too low." That does not begin to cover this.
Um , I did the crab trap one and didn't get any rep from it at all. Just a little gold and valor. These things bugged? What's the point if no rep is being given? And yes the drop rate is annoying. I gave up doing the tiger one after reading that no one was getting rep from doing them. So something is messed up on your end.