Daily droprates: this isn't fun, Blizzard

General Discussion
I think I must have killed near on 100 Hozen to get my 30 rotten fish today.

I almost died a couple of times while doing it because I got impatient with the terrible droprates (considering how many I needed) and started pulling 6-8 mobs at a time on my not-so-geared ele shaman.

And all of that, for acess to one daily?

I think I'll pass in the future.
You know, I took one look at those cages and kinda decided to just take a pass. I've been playing this game and dealing with Blizzard developers long enough to know when something is not worth my time and you wonderful players just confirmed it.
I killed every yak in Dread wastes and was still short on the meat for the tiger one, there was actually no one else there doing it, and i killed tons of them had to actually go back and kill a third of them again.

Also for the people asking bout rep, you don't get it for the turn in, only for killing whatever beast is in the cages, so yeah, your rep can even be gotten by someone else who did no work towards summoning it.
The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), a player can go farm up the materials to summon one of the 5-person bosses who are then trapped in a cage - and from there everyone can fight it. If there are already animals in the cages there is no need to go out into the field to gather materials to summon another. Everyone can fight the boss and get credit for it (and rep), and killing a boss is a daily, so there's no need to kill more than one.

The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day.

I have 2 things to say about this.
First of all, 'a bit too low' is an understatement. You know it, everyone know it.
Secondly, 'The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day', based on this, what make you think people gonna head out and farming those stupid feathers rather than just sitting there waiting for anyone might be 'free' enough to farm up those quest item and then kill the boss by then?

Cuz i'm sure you can get credit whether ur in the group or not.

Last thing i wanna add, the other 2 quests is much less painful even though one requires 25 and the other 30.
I have 2 things to say about this.
First of all, 'a bit too low' is an understatement. You know it, everyone know it.
Secondly, 'The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day', based on this, what make you think people gonna head out and farming those stupid feathers rather than just sitting there waiting for anyone might be 'free' enough to farm up those quest item and then kill the boss by then?

Cuz i'm sure you can get credit whether ur in the group or not.

Last thing i wanna add, the other 2 quests is much less painful even though one requires 25 and the other 30.

My thoughts exactly. I'm on a low pop server and have been killing cranes for about an hour now with zero competition and only have 3 feathers so far. What exactly is the point in me doing this when I could have spent that same hour sitting around the cages waiting for someone else to do all this work while I was browsing the web on my other monitor?

I don't usually question a whole lot of things you guys do, but for the love of God man, who in their right mind would ever have thought this was a good idea and why is this person in a position to make decisions that make it into the game? You have a time consuming quest that gives zero worthwhile reward that unlocks a quest that anyone who happens to be in area can piggyback on to and get the same amount of reward as the person who put all the work in to unlock it in the first place. A 5 year old can see the flaw in that.
The crane things drop rates are lower than a mount. Swear I killed at least 80 of them. I got 80 junk feathers and 50 wildfoul breasts from trying to get 5 freaking feathers! You have got to be kidding me.

I have a better chance running into an old raid and farming a boss for a mount. I could have done all of klaxxi and cloud serpents rep in the time it took for the one quest. And the reward was hardly worth it. Sure I would have to get a party together to kill the thing. Which even then the reward is unknown since I did the quest and I just herthed to an inn and that was it.

The dailies are alright. a bit of a gamble as you want to not be flagged as much as able and took a few deaths until a closer rez point. that was alright. But I was able to do the dailies and 2 full heroics before I was able to finish a single quest. And its even harder if you have other people on it.

Please up the drop rate so we don't have to force Chi-Ji to make an appearance begging for us to stop killing his children. While the other students and those who sorta worship the great crane would not have so many of their blessed ones children perish for feathers.
11/28/2012 12:36 AMPosted by Joynal
This is the point where people stop coming online and stay logged out because it just isn't fun. If Blizzard wants players to stay online and active, they need to give players things to do that are actually enjoyable

This! If you gotta collect stuff like runes, don't fix it so they despawn when someone grabs one. Don't make quests where you gotta collect 15 basilisk brains when there are only 5 of them around and the drop rate is 1 in 5. If you are gonna do that make the drop rate 100% and group shared loot.
The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day

A bit low? how about extremely low... almost 50 cranes dead and only 1 feather so far.

If the idea is to have a group boss at the end of the quest why not state something to that effect in the quest text for the original gathering quest?

Also if that is the idea make it so that if a group is doing the quests together make it so that the rotten meat, feathers or whatever are gathered as a group instead of individually.

Ya I know... but there's a quest in ... I think Grizzly Hills where you help a Druid kill some big bear thing. And you tell him what you need. IE: he needs to be a tank, healer or dps.

I could pick tank or dps and just keep him alive and be done with the quest without any pains. Why can't the dailies be more like that... where you get a buddy to go with you and they are whatever you need them to be.

Mists of Pandaria was supposed to be the 'play how you want to play' expansion... and don't get me wrong I am LOVING everything... but I hit 90 recently and started doing dailies. I want to do them... but because I want to play as a healer I can't do the dailies. The mobs are respawning in the time it takes me to kill them to get to an item on the ground so I can loot it.

Anyways... I hope that made sense I'm passing out on my keyboard so I'm going to go to bed now! :D

edit: sorry for sleepy editing/double posts >.<

Play how you want to play expansion? Did they actually say or infer that?

Yes I remember seeing something to that effect. If I can find it I will post it for your reading enjoyment.
The idea is that with some effort (although we are looking at the drop rates being a bit too low), a player can go farm up the materials to summon one of the 5-person bosses who are then trapped in a cage - and from there everyone can fight it. If there are already animals in the cages there is no need to go out into the field to gather materials to summon another. Everyone can fight the boss and get credit for it (and rep), and killing a boss is a daily, so there's no need to kill more than one.

The entire process should be: someone farms up a boss with a Beastmaster's Hunt quest, everyone fights it together and gets the rep, and you only need to do that once a day.

If I could make a few suggestions.

Perhaps you could move the quest items to a separate vendor with dialog options to explain all this. Not that anyone would read it. Heck, for all I know the dialog is on the NPC on the live servers.

Also maybe let this, and other related quests, be done in a raid with the drop objects (in this case feathers) shared. If you had 20 people farming the feathers the drop rate likely wouldn't seem that bad. Additionally it would feel more like a faction endeavor rather than just collecting a few feathers for your own personal use.
You think the crane one is bad? Try the tiger, you have to farm 25 yak haunches and you get 1 for about every 5 yak's you kill.
I grabbed the Crane quest yesterday and after 20 minutes of either competing with other players from horde/alliance, and very glitchy quest mobs, I was only able to get one feather.

So I did what any sensible person would do and drop the quest and tossed the item that gives the quest and had a little laugh at the fail that is the MoP daily grind.
My husband and I did Crane trap and the Tiger one yesterday. The cranes were horrible. We also had to kill I believe 100's of the dang things to get enough feathers. We would of piled up 6 or 7 at a time, however most were bugged and would evade, or randomly run away. Some were at half health when we found them and just evading.

The single feather one which was on an other island, no problem. Had to kill maybe 5-10 for us each to get a feather and none of those cranes evaded.
I knew there was a reason not to do those quest. As a side point why move the lesser charms to the currency tab and not the new ones too. Unless they stack to 500 or better. They are just going to take up as much bag as the lesser charms did as there is nothing worth spending them on.
Terrible dailies? SHOCKING!!!
I lost my crane quest when the dailies reset =(

Is it possible to design the turnin such that everyone can contribute to a pool? I mean have everyone who is capable of collecing the drops able to add to a pool until "x feathers" (for example) are reached. Similar things were done on a grander scale for the AQ event, etc., so I don't think it would be too much of a challenge.

In other words, it is no longer 1 person who has to turn in 5, but 5 people can turn in 1 (or any combination thereof), as long as the required number of items are turned in. For the purpose of balance, the number of required items could even be modified.

And this is supposed to help us out how? So basically you put in a crappy drop rate so if you happen to be logged in when no one else has summoned the boss you get to farm a billion birds?

Seriously? I understand the crude logic of it, but as everyone isn't on at the same time, don't you think you could just make it relatively easy to spawn if you're around with few others?

After all, by your own explanation, a great many people will get the kill for doing exactly nothing but tagging the boss. It's totally upside down on effort vs reward. You should AT LEAST give bonus faction to the player spawning the boss as well as the ones merely tagging it.