5.1 Old raids easier to solo? No says I

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Raid groups are no longer necessary to enter pre-Mists of Pandara raid dungeons. Enemies in these raids that previously required more than one player to defeat are now more easily dealt with by players battling alone.

Hmm, explain why I just had my butt handed to me by Reliquary Of Souls in Black Temple?

I mean that was the only boss giving me trouble from before, The crap is 5+ years old.. I think you can do more to help us here.
Not all of them are soloable. I can solo Gluth and Vael in BWL on this toon in my DPS spec. But my mistweaver monk can't do it. I don't have the dps to do it. And I don't see anyone else being able to solo Vael unless they're dps spec. Gluth is still hard to solo unless you can outdps his heals.

They need to change the way the bosses work. Vael still does his debuff, so you gotta kill him in about 30 seconds or no go. Gluth, same deal, you have to outdps his heals or there has to be a way to get rid of the healing debuff.

They need to change the way the bosses work.

I mean how hard is it to take out a few boss spells or nerf them? I mean does RoS really need to spam that fear? Com'on give us a break.
"more easily"
not
"easily"

big difference

I'm pretty sure RoS is actually impossible from what I've heard, though, due to the never-ending fear. Other bosses, from what I've heard, are possible with some effort though.
"more easily"
not
"easily"

big difference

What it should say is "only bosses we want you to solo are soloable now"
I can't even get past friggin Razorgore on my Rogue. I can't eat up all the damage from the adds long enough to pop all the eggs or not get Razorgore killed.

I'd drop MC long enough to kill adds but you can't drop that MC.
Agreed i went to solo naxx as ret and got to instructor razuvious and BOOM 90 gets 3 shotted after bubble expires >.< Like seriosuly? i know he hit hard back in the day but he shouldn't be 3 shotting me
How about Karathress in SSC? That guy's Cataclysmic Bolt hits for 50% on mana users. Basically impossible to solo which is BS.
I did ICC10 Gunship solo. 25m Prof Putricide is another matter, see new thread.
Not all of them are soloable. I can solo Gluth and Vael in BWL on this toon in my DPS spec. But my mistweaver monk can't do it. I don't have the dps to do it. And I don't see anyone else being able to solo Vael unless they're dps spec.

... What? Xuen alone would almost solo vael as a mistweaver.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036454104

I'm going to shamelessly plug my DK guide to soloing raids. I managed to take down Reliquary of Souls a few days ago, so it's definitely doable alone.

They need to change the way the bosses work.

I mean how hard is it to take out a few boss spells or nerf them? I mean does RoS really need to spam that fear? Com'on give us a break.

In patch 5.0.4 they nerfed the drop rates for gold in old content so we'd receive the same amount we would have had we killed the boss with the *intended* number of players present (ie if you kill Ragnaros and he drops 80g, each of the 40 players receives 2g so now if you solo Ragnaros, you get 2g).

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to apply this same mechanism to some of the older bosses as well. The reason that Essence of Desire constantly spams Spirit Shock is because she's supposed to be fighting against 25 people. If Blizzard could find how often Essence of Desire targeted each of the 25 players with Spirit Shock, then perhaps they could reduce the frequency of its casts to reflect the lower number of players.

I'm not sure if it's in Blizzard's abilities to have "scaling" content where the game would know how many players are present for a boss fight and increase/reduce frequency of casts/damage/health/etc accordingly. However, considering the fact that certain fights are *almost* unsoloable due to these anachronistic mechanics, it might serve the current players who want to do this old material (solo) to make some of the more problematic mechanics more forgiving.
I just solo'd Black Temple today on this priest its a pain on a couple of fights but it can be done.
Blizzard made old raid bosses soloable and not facerollable!!!

Even on my 90 rogue with 481 ilevel gear, Razorgore and Reliquary were quite a challenge... but guess what? THEY WERE SOLOABLE! I did! But did I faceroll'em? Far from it!!!

I would let mobs beat on me while MCing Razorgore, and when my health reached about 50%, I'd break MC, spam FoK twice to kill all mobs and then quickly click the orb to start the MC and continue breaking eggs. I had to act quick, not mess up because too many mistakes would result in a wipe! It took 3 attempts but I got him!

Reliquary was actually cake. For starters I had to change my glyphs around. I had to take Glyph of Kick so I can interupt more often, and I also switched one of my talents to get Preperation so I could do a double Cloak of Shadows. 1-shotted that $%^&(!!!

What was hard in Black Temple was the Illidari Council! After 3 wipes, I finally decided to just Youtube a strategy, I couldn't find any other than Level 85 DKs soloing it... but I used that DK's strategy to attack the Paladin Belf and kite him around the room and guess what... killed the Illidari Council after checking a Youtube video! BOOYAH!

You see? They are soloable but not facerollable! You still need some skill, strategy and good gear helps too! If you think Blizzard just nerfed old raid bosses so we can solo them with our eyes closed and auto-attacks, then you thought wrong!
This patch only nerfed:
-Razorgore
-Najentus
-Viscidus

Reliquary is none of those.
Reliquary was nerfed.
C'thun is now soloable without Ouro.
Viscidus now shatters hilariously easily.

Swing the greatsword of entitlement, kill old bosses.
razorgore got nerfed, but it's still a 1/100 win fight
you can do NOTHING to prevent the adds from attacking razorgore, no matter where you are or razorgore is, some mobs will still attack him and he will die before you finish the eggs
your level doesn't matter either, it's a razorgore/adds problem
it is rough to solo razorgore but its also very possiable
Well, I have to say after reading some of these threads I didn't want to try Razorgore but I did. Found it to be a not so difficult one shot.

Decided to go in Brewmaster since I wasn't sure how hard the mobs would be hitting with no defense. Put my statue down in the middle of the room, just to see, a suprising number of guys went for it even with razorgore nearby. Started off doing the eggs closest to him. When it broke I aoed the guys on me down and mc'd again. At first I started to sleep a few dragons but felt like it was just wasting time so I stopped. Most guy seemed to be peeling off him to go to me, only a few stayed on him. Not sure if I was proccing something to gain aggro or what. Took about 3-4 mind controls to destroy all the eggs. He was at like 70ish percent at the end, I had lost negligible health. Think it took longer to actually solo him down with all his conflags.
Guys what Im trying to say is, Yes certain classes can solo certain bosses better. But if your not one of these classes then what? I mean everything is soloable, We've seen DKs solo LK back 2 years ago.. All Im saying is they should nerf these bosses enough so everyone has a chance.

& why shouldn't it be a "faceroll" The !@#$ is 6+ years old.. it doesn't need to be a pain in the %^- to get a chest piece or a wep for transmog